Maybe ___?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:01 pm
Okay, so I know there have been talks about it before about 'lack' of Angeni domains. It -has- been said that there could be more specific domains.

Example:
Love = Fatherly Love, Sibling Love, Romantic Love, Puppy Love, etc.
The Arts = Dance, Music, Painting, Ceramic Sculpting, Plaster Sculpting, etc.
Birds = Owls, Eagles, Pigeons, Doves, etc.

(( Note; I am not hating on anyone or their Angeni... Just first ones that popped into my mind~ ))

I feel like it would be better starting with new Angenis that want to be made to have more specific domains. Sometimes, it makes people feel like... "Oh... I wanted something do do with fatherly love, but 'love' itself is taken..." I mean, it's not hard to do, but I feel like questors and colorists should take a deeper look into their Angeni and find a more specific domain so other people can have domains that relate to one another but are -not- the same.

I know it's possible to break down the different domains and get Angenis that are more specific, but I already feel like... "So this Angeni of 'Love'... Is it more special than mine because it deals with -all- aspects of love?"

Yes... No...? D: ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:46 pm
I think that more specific domains could be awesome! However, I think it is also entirely possible for an angeni of a broader umbrella domain and one of a smaller specific genre within that larger domain to both exist.

In SoA, they refer to this as Parent and Child domains. For example because you used it already. Take Love. Angeni of "LOVE" just as love would be the parent domain. There, you can have both the "god of love" and the god of "motherly love". the Motherly love would be a child domain and in now way infringe on the other. like, things like Love or the Arts... there is SO MUCH that can encompass.

I think sharing domain realms like that is in no way like letting someone steal your land or anything.

Again, I think we can look at the way SoA handles their god distribution as to how comparable domains CAN co-exist without infringing on one another.

And, there's nothing stopping anyone from approaching the person who already owns the larger encompassing angeni domain and asking if they'd mind. (as a manner of protocol, not that anyone is forced to do so at this point)

edit: and about the point of whether encompassing all aspects of love rather than one specific one doesn't make anyone's angeni more special or less special. Your angeni is as special and important as you want it to be.

Also, we can remember when commissioning an angeni that there are room for a theme AND a domain. This allows people to have more room for creativity in branching out on more sub categories of a bigger domain.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 pm
I would like to point out that there is an Angeni of "Time" and one of "Future"... Epee owns Cyn (Time), I forget who owns the other. There was queerying about whether it would be all right first, if I remember Epee's commentary on it in another thread... But those are both related domains, one more umbrella and one more specific, as mentioned here.

So this has already happened a couple of times... I think more people just need to take note of it and try to work with that idea in their head, instead of feeling like they have to do something completely different from everyone else.

Though that will probably be a lot easier after all of the current Angeni and domains get sorted out so everyone can see what is actually taken or available for sure... >.>;  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games