Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What do you say to a stranger you've drawn naked? xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WWYD?

View Results

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm
Especially when I keep running into him. xD I've never talked to this guy nor do I even know his name, but nude guy has modeled for my figure drawing class for both classes last week. He apparently lives in the apartment on the first floor of my building, so we keep leaving or coming back at the same time.

He walked by me when I was getting my bags out of my car, so I was like a step behind him. And he kept looking at me when I was getting my bags out. Thus, I can only assume he recognizes me. (I mean, I did sit right in front of him. He'd be staring at me half of the time. in his poses)

I just figure saying "hi" to a guy who you only know because you've stared at him and drawn him nude for 5 hours but have never even spoken a word to him is weird and awkward.

I'm tempted to say to him one day, "So, you look different with your clothes on." But I won't. xD

Of course, one of my friends is also nude modeling at the end of this month for my class, so I'll see where that falls on the awkward scale.

SO YOU SEE SOMEONE YOU'VE SEEN NAKED FOR HOURS BUT DON'T KNOW, SUITES. YOU MUST TALK TO THEM OR YOU DIE. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:11 pm
Well seeing how I hardly talk in general I guess I'd die. xd

Anywho, if ya feel like it is awkward just don't think about the nakieness and just say hi. After all a simple little hi is just a friendly guesture.

Then ya know there is the posibility he is embrassed/shy about the whole situation as well and thus why he hasn't said anything to where you've had to say something back. XD

So w/e either just say hi and get over with the greeting stuff or just ignore him and move on with live. xd  

wo_nyrmo

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm
"So, guess it was cold in there, eh?"

No. That'd be weird. I'd have no idea what to say. It'd be one of those things where, I acknowledge him, but I'd really go out of my way to avoid close contact.

If my life depended on it, I'd just try to converse with him, in a manner that implies that I'm avoiding the memory that his p***s was right in front of my face, and that he should, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm
State the obvious. "You've modeled nude for my art class."
Followed by a complement. "Some of your poses were fantastic, it was very interesting."
Introduce yourself. "My name is-"
Maybe some more? "I think we live in the same building, blah blah blah"
Finish with a proposition. "Wanna get coffee sometime?"
Goodbyes. "It was nice getting to talk to you finally! I'll see you later"

Then walk off into the sunset. cool

This is complete and utter bullshit, but it might work. O:
Of course, cut out the proposition bit if you aren't interested. xD  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:20 pm
@Honsu
I'll probably continue to ignore him. I just thought the entire situation was funny. xD I guess this sounded more like asking for advice than I intended.

@Nexus
Well, it actually was. I kind of felt sorry for him. XDD
LOL.

@Fuji
Well, since I've only seen him naked, I can't say I know him enough to be interested. XD

But that's a possible way. Though still awkward. I guess there is no way for it to not be awkward though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm
If you took Fuji's advice, and went out for some coffee, and some day, down the road, ended up together, that'd be one to tell your kids, eh? "Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?"

Well...

Nexus Carbuncle

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 pm
You know... It's not that awkward for me. That is to say, it's always awkward for me to be in public with somebody, but people I've drawn naked are no more difficult for me to interact with. Just think of their nudity as part of their job - and drawing nudity part of yours. ^_~  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:35 am
Same as Lychee. I'd just act like he was anyone else. Which for me mostly means ignoring him anyway. lol

It's actually more awkward if it's someone I already know. XD

Edit: Although I guess I'm kind of lying, or it depends on the person. Because I did nude photos of a few people for my photography classes and didn't really feel very awkward about it. I guess I don't look at subjects like people in that situation. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 am
I'd probably say "How's it hanging?" or something stupid razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:09 am
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jenna Jameson!"

I guess treat it like it ain't nothing. Make with the small talk, or if you can't avoid the topic of drawing them nude, thank them for the opportunity to draw them. I don't know what I'd do if I ever ran into the standardized patients that I did a pelvic exam and prostate exam, though.  

Aaditya

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm
"How's your p***s?"
It's foolproof.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am
Renard: Scrubs reference? Maybe? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCpmH8AsVI&feature=related

Nexus: I lol'd. Wouldn't that be ironic to meet your spouse that way? Ahahaha.

I'd totally go with the "so you look different with your clothes on" thing, but I'm extra strange. I mean if he might think that it's funny. I don't think that anyone who poses nude for drawing classes would actually be offended, but maybe you shouldn't... XD  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:31 pm
@Nexus
Obviously I must try hard to marry a nude model later in life that I met through drawing the person just so I can have that story. >3 I now have a goal.

@Lychee
True. o:
Though, I've figured out I don't feel nearly as awkward around the female model that we've drawn twice now too, so I'm not sure if it because he's male or because the whole things makes him feel awkward too, which just makes me feel more awkward. These last two times are the first time he's ever nude modeled. All the models are usually just college students looking for cash, so anyone who is desperate enough for cash does it, whether they are comfortable naked or not.

@Szen
It's not awkward when I'm drawing him because I'm not really looking at him as a person then. It's only awkward when I walk next to him as he awkwardly looks at me every once in a while and I have no clue what to say to him or if I even should. xDD It's the outside part when he's a "person" so to speak.
But like I told Lychee, it's not nearly as weird around the girl model yesterday once everything was done. -shrugs- Who knows? 8D

@Scrub
I might be tempted to say something like that just. PEER PRESSURE.

@Aaditya
I'd imagine that would be awkward for all involved. At least you know they would probably try to make an excuse and run away somewhat quickly, so the awkwardness would only occur for small amount of time.

@Renard
I'll keep that in mind. xDD
"How's your p***s? I hope it didn't get frostbite. That classroom was pretty cold."
I'm sure his p***s would appreciate the concern, at least.

@Light
That's something I would probably say, actually. Just I'm more likely to say things like that with friends because I know they won't be like, "WTF? -RUN AWAAAY-." True.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 pm
Light up the Night
Yep, you caught me.

Pain, I know at least my p***s would appreciate the concern.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

6 gun quota

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 am
You say "thank you for letting me draw you."  
The Suites

Manage Your Items