Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
My friend wants to go to Jamaica..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tevinter Fugitive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:36 pm
My friend wants to go to Jamaica. She's always wanted to go... But she doesn't know the danger..

She is very butch. And she always has some kind of rainbow in her clothing. And if any of you know, Jamaicans are extremely against gays, they even wish death upon them and all who are friends of them. They even beat you up, put you in jail, even kill you if they even suspect you of being gay. There are even songs about killing gays, burning them, etc. I never even knew this until I met my friends of LGBT who use to live in Jamaica. They moved because they were scared for they're life, then I did my research and found everything they said was really happening.

How should I tell my friend, she shouldn't go?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:16 pm
Send her the link to this thread and say you're the writer

also you're not going to have great luck finding an excepting country outside of Europe, maybe Japan, and Palistine

(Palistine is actually the worlds msot excepting country in terms of LGBT)  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Tevinter Fugitive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 pm
Yes I know. Actually I have friends and Japan and South Korean and the people are alright with LGBT, but not the government.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:24 pm
ya, techniqly
but Japan and South Korean youth are very LGBT friendly
they're actually going through a social revolution so... ya  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Used Jello

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 pm
Tell her not to wear rainbow items.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:26 pm
cexbloxz

Jus' rep'ace da rainbows wit' rasta and talk like dis' bumbaclot. You'll be irie.  

Don Caballero

nerdtasticallyfun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm
um, well since I AM JAMAICAN, i will tell you this.....most of what you said is true...sadly sweatdrop . However Jamaica isn't as hostile as you think. There have been recent moves to make Jamaica move gay friendly..it's sorta working-ish. I would advise your friend not to go yet..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm
Don Caballero
cexbloxz

Jus' rep'ace da rainbows wit' rasta and talk like dis' bumbaclot. You'll be irie.
.-______- it's not that easy  

nerdtasticallyfun

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 pm
yaoifangirl93
Don Caballero
cexbloxz

.-______- it's not that easy

Apparently youve never heard of sarchasm neutral

I personally like Jamaica. Things are a little different there, so just tell her to keep to herself about some things... I mean seriously...Just because a place isnt quite as PC as ours doesnt mean you shouldnt check it out. Just respect your surrounding area...  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games