Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
I'm Confused???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitkatenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:45 am
I think I might be a bisexual, but it's hard for me to accept if this is who I really am. I mean ever since I was like 11/12 (I'm 13 now) I've been like more aware of girls and boys and had a couple of crushes but they quickly subsided to nothing. Then I started to wonder whether I was kidding myself, because I'd heard you get feelings for people like that when you go through puberty. So I thought it was just a phase, but now I'm not so sure...

I don't really fancy anyone, apart from celebrities...like Rihanna and Katy Perry, and when I see pictures of them, it just makes me feel so weird. Also I have dreams where I'm a lesbian/bisexual and I go out with girls and kiss them and stuff.

Basically, I would go out with a girl if she loved me but I don't fancy anyone, and I fancy guys aswell.

Can somebdy please help me? Coz I'm confused and scared especially about coming out if this is who I really am.

I'm just trying to find out who I really am....

It's hard...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 am
It's hard to say. Usually you would have noticed these feelings way earlier in life. Because like you I would have the same feelings and dreams of female celebs and girls in my class when I was very young, around five years old.
You might just be curious. But since you're just having these feelings now in your teen years. I would suggest you date a girl. Not in a relationship with them. Just going to a movie or getting dinner together. And see how you feel.

Tevinter Fugitive

proustitute

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:58 am
Are you sexually attracted to girls and guys? Then you're bisexual. Not everyone notices these feelings early in life and you usually learn a lot more about yourself as you grow up. It took me a while to figure out my sexuality, I was curious around 11/12 and finally came to terms with everything at 15. Not everyone figures it out when they're really young. You change a lot as you grow older too, so you may grow out of this, or you may not.

It's fine if you are bisexual but I'd weigh out the pros and cons of coming out at this time of your life.You're young and you don't need to put a label on it, unless you really want to. My mother had a hard time accepting my sexuality, she tried to convince me that I didn't like girls, that it's only because of a certain thing happening, so make sure whoever you tell is someone who is open-minded and accepting about this.

Good luck figuring this out.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm
It can be hard to say at a young age since it's unlikely that anyone has any real experience. The best advice I would say is to not worry about it and just accept whatever you feel. Eventually it'll all fall into place and you'll know where you stand. smile

And dreams are totally normal to have like that. I've had plenty of odd dreams with both boys and girls.  

Dragons Fox

Witty Sage

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces