Uni ♀ 318

Unikalona ♂ 31
Unikalona ♀ 29

Usdia ♂ 208
Usdia ♀ 247

Wind ♂ 354
Wind ♀ 306  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:09 pm
Okay - because I just enjoy fiddling with numbers so they read differently than they are . . .

We actually have 51% male . . . xp

Alicorn - 47%
Angeni - 51.8%
Angenicerynei - 100%
Agnenicorn - 48.8%
Angeniflutter - 50%
Angenikalona - 52%
Angenikirin - 75%
Angeniwind - 60%
Cerynei - 52.9%
Ceryneicorn - 37.5%
Ceryneiflutter - 83.8%
Ceryneikalona - 0%
Ceryneikirin - 50%
Cursed Skinwalker - 56.4%
Elder - 43.7%
Flutter - 40.8%
Fluttercorn - 44.8%
Flutterkalona - 37.5%
Flutterkirin - 33.3%
Flutterwind - 33.3%
Kalona - 56.1%
Kalonakelpi - 20%
Kalonakirin - 48.3%
Kalonawind - 42.4%
Kelpi - 50%
Kelpicorn - 77.7%
Kelpiwind - 100%
Kirin - 45.6%
Kirincorn - 57.1%
Kirinwind - 33.3%
Mer - 53.4%
Multi-Breed (3+) - 56.7
Non-Hooved - 30.6%
Pure Skinwalker - 60.4%
Regular - 48.4%
Unikalona - 61.6%
Usdia - 45.7%
Wind - 53.6%

You add up the totals and divide by the categories and you get . . . 51% male. sweatdrop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly - the balance isn't too bad except in a few areas - Angeni and it's variations tend to be skewed male - Flutters and those variations tend to skew female. But generally - it's a pretty close race.

I think the problem that most of the people are having with finding studs is that there are more active mares looking for male mates than there are active males looking for female mates. There's a chunk of the male population that's gay [which is fine - but it means breeding partners are more limited] - and there's a chunk of the population [larger chunk I'd expect] that are just sig candy. Not to mention all the people who'd rather role play their way into a relationship than post on lovers rock or whatever. And then there's the soq with characters that preclude them from settling down or wanting children. And there's more males that fit that bill than females.

In essence, the numbers arn't that bad - it's just the nature of things that there are more females wanting babies than there are males wanting to give them babies.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 pm
*Agrees with Lyda.* <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 am
Most of the time when I post on LR it's for a rp'ed relationship XD
But yeah, the thing that you mentioned, which whilst nothing wrong with that (owner's prerogative and all that) does mean that there are less males.

I also think that there are probably a fair few as well like you said that are just sig candy (gotten and vanished), which whilst I think that's a slight waste of a nice Soquili, is also something that has to be accepted as we aren't a rp required shop, and it shouldn't be something that's forced.

(oh and a teeny offhand thing Fel, there is a female angenicerynei as I own one <3)  

Sayuri_Nitta

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:58 am
wow you guys keep really good track . . . .
*is stunned*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:41 pm
I love this idea. Even though the raw data shows that male usdia's exist; they are hard to find. I won a female usdia at the halloween raffle, and I have to say I haven't felt very good about the choices available for males at the LR. Maybe not everyone would put theirs up there. While I don't mind to rp, I am not very good at following through and sticking to it when it comes to my soq rp's. For this reason, I won't even bother with people who want an rp relationship. I suppose there is the idea of just customing one.

But, i really like hte idea of a "frat house" event. Maybe it could be male of a few select groups including the usdia.

I mean.. in the end, it doesn't matter if a soq exists if it is never part of the shop in any capacity. Someone who never comes around or has anythign to do with the shop: it's like that soq never existed to begin with.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Felmino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:34 pm
Huh, you're right, don't know how I missed her. X3 Well, the numbers are close at least.
I don't know how you arrived at 51% male, but that's wrong. It's just under 50% male, and just over 50% female. ( 3188 ♂ / 3260 ♀)

There are definitely some species that are short overall in numbers - namely Usdias, Seathi and Mer. Their populations could use a boost in numbers of both genders.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 am
Oh - I did it as an exercise of 'if you know what you're doing - you can make the numbers say anything' - politicians do it all the time.

Basically - you figure out what percentage of each of the different types is male - then you add all those percentages together and divide by the number of types - giving you an average percentage.

It skews the numbers because instead of looking at the individual counts - you're looking at percentages per type - and when I was looking through the list I could see where the percentage per type would be close on things like the normals - because there are so many of them - so that even normals have the highest quantity of fewer males to females - the percentage of the population is close there. Where as other populations, with fewer total soq in them, had enough extra males to give a higher percentage male [even a rather large higher percentage] - so that when you take the average - it skews male.

I was by no means say there actually were more males - I was having fun playing with the numbers. I'm sorry if it confused anyone.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:12 pm
For me I feel like I see more males XD but that might be just because 3 out of 4 of my soquili's are male. I do really love the idea XD It would also be kind of cool to see a female only type of event too, for those of us with a mostly male hoard already ^.^  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff