Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Kitchens
The Kitchen Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:11 pm
The Kitchen

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The Hogwarts kitchen is located directly under the Great Hall, down the same staircase that leads to the Hufflepuff Common Room. It contains tables identical to those in the Great Hall and are directly below them; food must simply be placed on the tables in the kitchens, and it magically appears in the Great Hall. To gain access to the kitchens, one must tickle the pear on a fruit portrait, which then turns into a door knob."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:16 am
    §†êvïê

User Image
      Stevie was running around,causing things to bubble and boil and steam. It was very hard for one little house-elf to cook the whole feast,but Stevie got by. She was also very happy,as she was the new Cooking with Magic teacher! She pointed at the oven and everything started to cook and hum. Smiling,she observed the food and made sure it didn't burn.

†hê Öñl¥ Hðµ§ê-êl£

"Hêrê mê råwr!"

User Image User Image User Image
User Image

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:06 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

Whimzzy smoothed down her brand new tea towel. She then poped into the kitchen. "Hello? Whimzzy told she help here now?" Whimzzy asked smiling. She was bubbly now.

User Image
-I'm a house elf! I am proud!-  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 pm
User Image Warm air and a strong scent of cinnamon and nutmeg wafted from the room as Grumby turned the rattling doorknob and stepped into the kitchen. It was bright inside, and filled with shelf upon shelf of ingredients. There were whistling pots and crackling pans, all resting upon dozens of stove tops. Grumby inched forward, glad to see that where he was working was a lot cleaner than where he'd be sleeping. He'd fix that up in no time, though.

He swept forward, noticing two other house elves. One was busy preparing food for the next meal, while the other looked as if she had just arrived as well. Grumby approached them as he held his head up high. "King of Elves, at your service. Grumby pleased to meet you both." He smirked at one, and then the other, continuing on as he assess the entire kitchen. "Everything seems in order." He grunted quietly, picking up a tattered oven mitt with several burn holes. "Could use some new equipment, though. So," he said, turning his short attention span back to the two lady elves. "how's this work? Is there any rules Grumby needs knowing before he begins?" He asked politely, glancing at the pretty one who was tending to the ovens. He tossed the mitt back on top of the flour-dusted counter, grabbing a rag out of a bleach-filled bucked. He rang it out, then immediately began wiping down every surface he could reach.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 pm
User Image Evelyn tickled the pair that was resting in the portrait outside the door to the kitchens, which then turned swiftly into a doorknob. She bustled into the large room, glancing around in hesitation until she spotted Grumby across the kitchen cleaning with a dirty rag. She rushed over to him, nearly out of breath from her fast-paced journey from her office on the seventh floor, all the way to the basement where the kitchens were located.

"Grumby, my friend, I need your help!" She whispered in a hurried voice, reaching for his delicate green hand and pulling him to an empty corner of the kitchen where the other house elves would be out of earshot. "You see, I can't hardly explain it here, but...I'm going to be needing about four 12 ounce steaks every day for...well, until I inform you that I'll be needing more. Buffalo meat would be the best, but any kind that you are able to supply will suffice. I'm not trying to be a burden, dear, but this is very important. Just bring them to my office as soon as you can, please." She patted Grumby on the top of his many hats, and turned quickly back towards the door. As she reached for the door handle, she turned back to him, an almost embarrassed look upon her distraught face. "Oh, and Grumby...would you mind...bringing me some new bedding as well, dear?" She smiled softly at the tiny creature before disappearing through the doorway.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm
User Image Grumby's eyes grew wide with surprise as he saw Evelyn striding towards him in his own place of work. "M..Ms. Avery. To what does Grumby owe such a pleasu -" The house elf was cut short as the Professor dragged him to a corner. Grumby's mind was racing over the various things that could possibly be making his master's daughter so rushed and distraught. He nodded with her as she gave him instructions, taking out a small orange notebook and jotting them down. "Mmhm. Mmmmhmmmm..." He added to let her know that he was listening. When she mentioned not wanting to be a burnden, a look of shock crossed Grumby's face, causing him to speak up. "Oh no, Ms. Avery! You could never be a burden to Grumby. Grumby enjoys helping his master's daughter, he will have those steaks to you in just a few hours." He nodded viciously as he began to close his notebook. When she turned to leave, Grumby waved to her, pulling his notebook back out to add the bedding to his list. "Yes, ma'am. Right away, ma'am!" Once the Professor had left the kitchens, he turned around, disapparating in place.

An hour later Grumby returned with a large supply of raw buffalo steaks loaded into a trolley. He pushed it into one of the freezers, grabbing a stack of them first. He tossed them on a large silver tray, hustling out of the kitchens to retrieve a set of bedding before heading up several flights of stairs towards Professor Avery's office.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

Whimzzy roped when the male elf entered. She looked him up and down. Smithing her tea towel again she opened her mouth to say that she did not know. That she was a new elf, but the lady came. She bowed and was silence. Hopping around she waited for grumbys to come back. She started chopping some vegetables.

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm
User Image Grumby waddled back through the door of the kitchens whistling a familiar tune, a new-found pep in his step. Though the lion in Professor Avery's office had shaken him up a bit at first, the thought of getting to see his favorite human at least once a day put him in an outstanding mood.

As he skipped around the large room, looking desperately for something to do, he noticed one of the female elves chopping up a variety of fresh vegetables atop one of the nearby counters. He approached her with a smile, bowing to his toes before addressing the pretty lady. "Grumby has not had the pleasure of knowing your name, ma'am." He introduced himself once more, still wearing the large smile on his face.

Grumby heard a timer on one of the large ovens begin to beep, and while he was waiting for the elf to reply, he hustled over with a pair of oven mitts. He opened the door and peered inside, a blast of scorching heat hitting him directly in the face. Grumby reached carefully inside, taking out a large ham that was clearly done and looked quite delicious in the eyes of the elf. He set the baking dish with the meat inside down on a folded towel on the same counter that his new friend was working at. Grumby scrambled around the kitchen opening drawer after drawer before he found himself a large recently-sharpened carving knife. Returning to his post, he flashed another smile to his small comrade before slicing the ham in to thick, juicy pieces and placing them on a decorative glass serving plate.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:48 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

was chopping, chopping, chopping when Grumbly came back. She did nit notice until he asked her her name. She turned pink. She waited til he was done with the oven to reply so he would not get burnt. "Me is called Whimzzy Mr. Grumbly". She said, eyes lowered. "Whimzzy is new elf." She smiled up at him, her mismatching eyes shining. "Whimzzy hopes she be very helpful here!"

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:24 pm
User Image
Grumby's eyes glowed with excitement when Whimzzy mentioned that she was a new elf. He took a few quick steps backwards, examining the pretty creature further. "Grumby is very pleased to make your acquaintance Ms. Whimzzy. I is a new elf, too! We can learn to be helpful together!" Grumby exploded with happiness. It was nice not being the only "new guy", and he like having someone to talk to.

Grumby set the ham aside once he had finished carving it, and began to pace around the kitchen in search of a new task. Finding a list of foods that he assumed were to be made for dinner, he began to remove ingredients from the fridge. After chopping and dicing, and chopping some more, Grumby put the food on the stove in a variety of different sized pots and pans, being very careful not to get in the way as he worked around Stevie. Even though he knew cooking with magic was a simple task for him, he was rather enjoying doing the work by hand. He assumed this would get old, but for now, Grumby was more than willing to take advantage of his extra energy.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

Whimzzy turned pink again, smiling. "Yes! We be helpful together!" She smiled as she added the vegetables to a stew. She then ran over to the beef, her pale ears with pink insides bouncing. "Mr. Grumbly? Whimzzy wondering what Mr. Grumbly making? Whimzzy making beef stew right now". She asked, whipping up her area and cutting the beef into chunks.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:44 pm
User Image
Grumby smiled again as Whimzzy asked about what he was making. "Well Whimzzy, Grumby is working on many things. Here is his mashed potatoes...and here, this here is some tasty pork chops...that over there in the big pot, that's Grumby's special tomato soup with rice. Grumby will be making many dishes for Hogwarts tonight, and many nights to come." The elf spoke in a proud voice, pointing out different foods. He looked over at the beef stew that Whimzzy had been working on, licking his lips in desire. "Oooh...Ms. Whimzzy, your stew looks mighty good. You wouldn't mind if Grumby tried a bit of it, would you?" Grumby asked in his most polite of voices.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:12 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

Whimzzy blushed again before shaking her head. "Whimzy not mind at all Mr. Grumbly!" She got a bowl and poured some soup in in, then handed him the bowl. "Mr. Grumbly, you sure making a lot of food so fast!" She smiled. "Wgimzxy only good at one thing at a time. Next she will be making lemon bars!" She smiled. "Then fruit salad!" Her little ears shook as she giggled a little.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm
User Image
Grumby couldn't quite put his finger on it, but something about this Whimzzy character was fascinating to him. He took the bowl of stew with a wide grin covering his entire face. As he spooned a bite into his mouth, a strong sensation took over the elf's taste buds. It took him a moment to realize it, but that sensation was amazement. Her food was definitely some of the best that he had ever had. "Well Whimzzy, it doesn't bother Grumby that you can only cook one thing at a time, not as long as that one thing tastes as good as this! Grumby thinks you are an outstanding cook, and he is glad to be able to work with you!" He encouraged as he scarfed down the rest of the soup. "Mmm...lemon bars and fruit salad! Grumby might have to eat in the Great Hall tonight!" The elf was truly happy, it seemed that he had finally found a place to call home.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 pm
---{Whimzzy}---

Whimzzy giggled. "Thank you Mr. Grumbly!" She peeped. She smiled brightly and gathers up some flour and sugar and lemons along with a bunch of other things. "Mr. Grumbly no need to eat up there. Whimzzy save some for him!" She said, eyes shinning. She really liked grumbly. He was a very nice elf. "Thank you for complementing whimzzy, but from the smell if your food. Yo are a GREAT chief!"

User Image
Kitchens

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas