Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Kitchens
The Kitchen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxKitchens
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFinny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUncomfortable
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕтarry nιgнтѕ, cιтy lιgнтѕ coмιng down over мexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕĸyѕcraperѕ and ѕтargazerѕ ιn мy нead xxxxxxxxx
                                                          are we we are, are we we are тнe waιтιng υnĸnownxxxxxx
                                                          тнιѕ dιrтy тown waѕ вυrnιng down ιn мy dreaмѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSorin was, to put it delicately, not quite pleased with the current circumstances. While he knew that his betrothal to some girl was inevitable, he would've liked for it to be... well, literally any other girl, to be frank. Not because he didn't like Finny, but rather the opposite. He actually liked her more than he did most people. All people, in fact, except his sister and his grandmother. Unfortunately, the only two people who outranked the Ravenclaw were the causes of this entire debacle, seeing as it was their scheming that'd landed him in the current predicament. There were no 'eligible' (read: pureblooded) Hufflepuffs in his year, and therefore they'd been forced to look into other options.

spaceHis father was displeased, and Sorin had expected him to wait and simply betroth him to a 'more suitable' (read: Hufflepuff) girl a year or two younger than himself. Unfortunately, Celeste could be quite persuasive when she set her mind to something, and she was sold on the idea of having Delphinia as a sister-in-law. Her own betrothal wasn't anything to be pleased about, as her match was... well, to put it bluntly, terrible. Sorin was still seething. He was a year older, pigheaded and cruel. But, he had his sights set on the right career path, was from the right sort of family, and had the right sort of air (read: snobby). So, of course, he was a perfect match. Sorin, meanwhile was left with his sister trying to improve her own future by meddling with his. She'd convinced their grandmother (in an almost masterful manipulation; he'd be impressed if he wasn't so angry) that it was better to settle for a Ravenclaw who matched every other criteria necessary than to hope that a Hufflepuff who fit would manifest. Finny's family betrothed young; Chrysanthemum's had been announced her second year. Best to take up the best option available, before it was no longer on the table.

spaceThe trouble being... Sorin didn't want Finny to be stuck with him. He wasn't exactly the sort of guy that any girl dreamed of being married to, and he'd rather not be the reason she ended up living some miserable life of complacency. He doubted very much if he'd be able to change enough to suit her better, and had no desire for her to alter her standards. But, they apparently had no choice. As he spotted her in the kitchens, he sighed, feeling as though a rather large weight was on his shoulders. If he could get them out of it, he would. But, barring the death of... well, his entire family but his sister, that wasn't exactly an option.

spaceHe approached her, trying to make sense of her demeanor. He doubted she was particularly pleased to have to meet with him like this, all things considered. She'd been nice enough at the dinner, but he didn't have to be good at reading people to see what was lurking in her eyes. She seemed... better, now, he supposed. But that might simply be because she wasn't having to play at being happy. Or, he hoped she wouldn't try to. She didn't need to act around him; he wasn't any happier than she was.
                                                          "Thank you for coming," he said, hating how he had to raise his voice over the chaos of the kitchen. But, it was the best place to meet. For one, the noise would hopefully keep them from being overheard. For two... well, food tended to make people feel better.

spaceHe took a seat near her, but not too close, not wanting to infringe on her personal space. He knew that he still sounded terribly formal, but he didn't know any other way to be. Perhaps he should take lessons from Akira, he thought, half-joking, half considering it. But, he doubted if it'd be much help. It wasn't in his being to behave any way but how he did.
                                                          "I wanted to apologize," he said, expression guilty, even thought it wasn't really his fault. "This entire thing... I know you're less than happy with the arrangement. If I had known before, I might've been able to talk Celeste out of it, but when she has her sights set on something, she goes for it." And hard, he thought bitterly. And now, thanks to that, they were trapped. Stuck with one another, barring some insane circumstances that ended the betrothal. He couldn't even offer Finny any sort of arrangement to help her cope once they were married; his father would never allow it. And he didn't want to think of what the man might do to make sure it didn't happen. He was at a complete loss for what to do, and his sister was no help. She was the one to blame for the whole thing in the first place, after all.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxғorgeт-мe-noтѕ and ѕecond тнoυgнтѕ lιve ιn ιѕolaтιon
                                                          xxxxxxнeadѕ or тaιlѕ and ғaιryтaleѕ ιn мy мιnd
                                                          xxxxxxxxxare we we are, are we we are тнe waιтιng υnĸnown
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтнe rage and love, тнe ѕтoryмy lιғe

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 am
I'll take my hope where I can find it;
Seems I find it here in you.
Hang your curtain, get behind it-
I won't even ask for proof.
Go ahead and read my fortune...
Cast your dice, divine my fate.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny regarded Sorin not suspiciously but thoughtfully, taking another methodical bite of her muffin, chewing, and swallowing. "You're welcome. Thank you for inviting me." She supposed the alternative would have been for them to pretend the other did not exist for the next six years, and seeing as Finny's best friend was his sister... That wouldn't work very well. Besides, Celeste was ecstatic over the whole thing. Had Finny had more of a temper, she might have lashed out at the other girl, but in reality, all she felt was a mixture of sympathy and pity. Celeste had had good, if somewhat self-serving intentions. And Finny would have been betrothed to someone regardless. Still, she had not expected him to come right out and apologize. The Ravenclaw supposed it could be just to pacify her and smooth the road so they didn't end up sniping at each other for years to come, but it was a nice sentiment nonetheless.

"You have nothing to apologize for," she said mildly, "I don't think you're very happy, either." In general, she thought privately, you're not very happy, so I can only imagine what you'll be like in ten years. "Celeste thought she was doing what was best for everyone. I wouldn't expect her to feel badly over something she thought was a kindness. And I'm not angry," she added, "With either of you. I just thought my- I thought my parents would wait a bit longer, with me. I um- I'm not like my sister, they knew I never would have thrown a fit or anything like that, so I assumed they wouldn't... be in such a hurry." She felt betrayed. For all that she loved and admired her sister, Finny was the good daughter. She did what she was told without complaint, she never argued or spoke out of turn, and she would never have objected over the idea of an arranged marriage like her sister. In return, she thought she'd be given more of a say in it who she was betrothed to.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Tell me that it's not too late for-
A little second hand faith.
A line upon my palm that I can't just erase...
'Cause I need to believe in a hierarchic grace.
I can do without a book I'll never read;
Second hand faith is all I need.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:34 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxKitchens
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxFinny
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUncomfortable
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕтarry nιgнтѕ, cιтy lιgнтѕ coмιng down over мexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕĸyѕcraperѕ and ѕтargazerѕ ιn мy нead xxxxxxxxx
                                                          are we we are, are we we are тнe waιтιng υnĸnownxxxxxx
                                                          тнιѕ dιrтy тown waѕ вυrnιng down ιn мy dreaмѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSorin frowned slightly, feeling e ever so slightly guilty at Finny's assertion that he wasn't any happier with the betrothal than she was. Truthfully, he would've been thrilled, if not for the fact that he knew she wouldn't be, and that his sister had set the entire thing up more or less. It wasn't the meddling that bothered him so much as the fact that she'd done it without taking either of their feelings into account. She thought she had, of course, but Celeste tended to think that whatever made her happy would make him happy. Apparently, this attitude now extended to her best friend as well. "I admit," he replied, a little sheepish, "I'd be happier with it if I thought you were. Or could be. But, I don't think anyone would've ever been particularly happy to marry me." It wasn't something that bothered him, really, it was just a fact. The only thing that did bother him was that she was the one stuck with him now.

spaceHe sighed slightly, another point of contention brought up. His expression grew annoyed, and he leaned his chin on his fist, the pose oddly informal for him. But, they were betrothed now, so no sense in bothering with any airs, he figured.
                                                          "I believe that was my grandmother's doing," he replied. "Celeste convinced her that you would be a good match. But Grandmother was the one who decided to act so quickly, I think. Father wanted to wait and see if someone more to his liking would turn up in the next couple of years. But, with Chrys being betrothed when she was, Grandmother worried you'd be unavailable later on." The entire thing seemed like a conspiracy, really... Which, he guessed it was. But somehow the universe was involved, seeing as it was either fate or chance that'd left them with no pureblood Hufflepuff girls in their year.

spaceLooking at the crop behind them, he supposed his grandmother's logic made sense. After all, the only girl from a family of any importance was a halfblood, with a squib for a father. Then there were the more or less confirmed rumors regarding her parents being vampires. And as far as he knew, there weren't many girls who would've been 'appropriate' matches in the years ahead of him, which didn't matter since he wouldn't have an older wife, but did matter in terms of odds. Seven years worth of Hufflepuff girls, and he couldn't think of any that stood out as being a better choice than Finny. It was safe to bet that next year's crop of first years wouldn't be any different. It'd been the smart choice, yes... That didn't make it any less troublesome.

spaceEven with his limited scope of social understanding, he knew Finny well enough to see that she was bothered by this turn of events. Looking apologetic, he offered,
                                                          "If it helps at all, I doubt your parents are the ones to blame for the timing. Once Grandmother has Father convinced of something, he likes to take action right then. I'm sure he was quite... persuasive. He can be very charming when he wants to be." The words were bitter in Sorin's mouth. The thing he hated the most was how likeable the man was to outsiders. He wasn't sure if he resented the man for lying so convincingly, or for the fact that he could do so when his son could not. Sorin had never figured that trick out. He could be charming, sure, but when it mattered, like with Finny, it fell away. The ability to act in front of people he actually liked wasn't a talent he possessed. It was why Celeste was so set on this match in the first place. Finny didn't like him, which meant he cared about her, which meant that eventually they'd fall in love. It was rubbish, but Sorin didn't have the heart to tell her so. Especially not when it wouldn't do any good at this point.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxғorgeт-мe-noтѕ and ѕecond тнoυgнтѕ lιve ιn ιѕolaтιon
                                                          xxxxxxнeadѕ or тaιlѕ and ғaιryтaleѕ ιn мy мιnd
                                                          xxxxxxxxxare we we are, are we we are тнe waιтιng υnĸnown
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтнe rage and love, тнe ѕтoryмy lιғe

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:11 pm
Tonight,
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi hurried along to the kitchens with Lizzie wanting to escape the semi-permanent chill that now hung in the hallways. It was usually nice and toasty in the tower which she gave full thanks to the house elves for keeping the fires lit so she didn't even want to begin to think about what could be happening in the dungeons. Just having classes down there was enough to make her want to wrap in layers, thankfully one pretty much involved standing around a fire or she might object. She had approached Lizzie with the plan of going to get hot chocolate partially so she wouldn't be bored in the kitchens by herself but also because she hadn't had the chance to really hang out with her friend in a while. And she maybesorta felt bad about that and felt that she was excluding her friendship, especially since she and Drew had gone as a duo costume.
                                                Annnd she had heard through the Hogwarts grapevine about what happened in Art Club weeks ago and wanted to make sure she was really alright. Or if she would have to teach her rude brother a lesson. They made it to the fruit painting and tickled the pear as instructed and held the door open for her and her friend to slide in and was immediately besieged with various elves wanting to know what they wanted. "Some hot chocolate and maybe some other chocolate goods? Gi asked with a hopeful grin and was then shown to a small table where the largest mug of hot chocolate she'd ever seen was placed in front of her. There was whipped cream and shavings and so much other stuff her mouth actually began watering. "I've gone to choco-heaven and I'm never leaving." she told Lizzie reverently after taking a sip of the confection.

oyehh

We are wild
We are like young volcanos
We are (we are)
We are wild

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image

E L I Z A B E T HxxxW H Y T E

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After the blowup at the Art Club, Lizzy had kept to herself, even more than usual. Peter had disappeared off her radar (which was more than fine with her, she didn't think she could stand the sight of his face anytime soon) but instead of taking advantage of that, instead opting to sitting in a corner and drawing whenever she could, sometimes even during lessons, spite fueling her actions, but that had run out eventually leaving her feeling drained more than anything. Which was when Gi asked her to join her to a trip to the kitchen, Lizzy jumped at the chance to spend more time with her best friend. She felt bad about neglecting her friends, but she didn't even know how to approach them, which was why she was ecstatic when Gi approached her first. She didn't say this of course, too embarrassed to admit that she wasn't sure they'd wanted to hang out with her anymore after her sulking, but she'd given the girl a wide, grateful smile.

Lizzy hurried through the doorway into the kitchen, sighing in relief as the warmth washed over her and she finally dropped her arms after keeping them wrapped around herself in a futile effort to preserve warmth. The house elves wasted no time surrounding them and she giggled, keeping gripping the edges of her sweater to stop herself from touching their big floppy ears. It was too tempting and she didn't think they'd appreciate it, despite how cordial and enthusiastic they were. "Id like hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows, please. And maybe a muffin?" she asked hopefully and they rushed to offer her a huge mug overflowing with gooey marshmallows and tray full of muffins. She didn't drink yet, letting the mug heat up her hands, but she cracked a grin at Gi's exclamation. "I'm staying with you, this is so good," she sighed after drinking some of her own chocolate. "We should have come here sooner, we could have had so much more chocolate, and food," she said mournfully, before consoling herself with another sip. She'd see if she could take some of the food back home with her, she couldn't without trying and the elves were always really sweet about feeding them.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe kitchenxxxxxw i t hxxGi
                                                            f e e l i n gxxhappyxxxxxw e a r i n gxxwarmer clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 am
Tonight,
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

╰☆╮Gi nodded faux sagely at Lizzy's words as she mentioned they should've started coming down here earlier. "All those wasted hours of hanging around other places. I guess we'll just have to make up for lost time!" she chirped brightly before oo-ing as one of the elves brought by a plate of chocolate biscuits to go with her hot chocolate before hastily thanking it lest she forget her manners. She then lost all decorum as she grabbed a biscuit and bit into it hungrily practically vibrating from the amazingness that was a (what tasted like) triple-choco biscuit. The Gryffindor had demolished two and was taking a sip of her drink when she remembered the real reason she was in the kitchens. "Soo, uh, how have you been, Lizzy? Feels like forever since we really talked and stuff." Gi asked awkwardly fiddling with the peppermint stick. She didn't want to jump straight to her brother just yet since it was a touchy subject but she would later. Maybe after a second mug of chocolate.

oyehh

We are wild
We are (we are)
We are wild

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 am
I'll take my hope where I can find it;
Seems I find it here in you.
Hang your curtain, get behind it-
I won't even ask for proof.
Go ahead and read my fortune...
Cast your dice, divine my fate.

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny was a little taken aback by her assertion that if she was happier about the whole thing, he'd be more content. She'd have to work on that. She didn't want him to be unhappy on account of her, after all, she had just assumed that she... wasn't quite Sorin's type? Did he have a type? Whatever it was, Finny doubted she was it. She wasn't very cunning, or very ambitious. She told nice little white lies and frequently daydreamed. She prided herself on being creative, and thoughtful, and kind, not on what she could get away with or how she could make people like her or trust her.

"It will just take me a bit to get used to it," she said, trying to sound reassuring. "I don't- it's not as if I despise you or anything, Sorin, you're just- it's a bit hard to get to know you." Probably, she thought, because he'd grown up relying on his twin to do all the socializing for him. Finny didn't care if he thought everyone else was an idiot or simply loathed small talk. She just didn't want to have decades of long silences to look forward to. Maybe she was introverted, but that didn't mean she wanted to be lonely. "They would have betrothed me next year or the year after," the Ravenclaw agreed, "If not this year. And at least we already know each other, so it's not as we're marrying a complete stranger."

Finny smiled tentatively, and then frowned when he went on to describe his father. "Sorin... I know you might be angry with me, but I don't like your father, and I'm afraid it's going to end up being more like I'm married to him. And I know your family will always come first. So if it seems like I'm very upset about this whole thing, it's not that it's you, it's just-," she waved a hand earnestly. "The context of it. I don't think... I don't think I'll be a very good Kinsley. I'm going to try, of course, but I- I wasn't brought up quite the same as you and Celeste." Her parents had rules, but those rules were really more imposed by her grandparents. Her childhood had been very loving, especially compared to the twins'. Finny might resent her parents right now, but she didn't have years of bitterness and anger pent up the way she suspected Sorin did, and likely Celeste as well.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Tell me that it's not too late for-
A little second hand faith.
A line upon my palm that I can't just erase...
'Cause I need to believe in a hierarchic grace.
I can do without a book I'll never read;
Second hand faith is all I need.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:27 pm
User Image

Lizzy giggled before polishing off her next muffin. "For a lot of lost time," she agreed, her tone nonchalant but she smiled into her mug, feeling giddy in a way that had nothing to do with the heavenly chocolate banana muffin she'd had. The thought of more treats like this in future might have been partly responsible too. The sight of Gi attacking the freshly offered biscuits had her giggling again before her attention got diverted by the new tray of muffins and hot chocolate the elves brought for her too.

The next few moments passed by in a comfortable silence as they gorged themselves, before Gi spoke up rather awkwardly, asking about how things have been. Lizzy sent her a concerned look; she was always bold and did things with a confidence that Lizzy admired, this hesitancy was unusual. "Uh, I've been fine," she said after a moment, her eyes flitting down for a moment before returning to look at Gi. "I've been drawing, a lot, I guess I kinda lost track? Of things," she adding, not specifying what it was she lost track of. She might have been frustrated and sulked for a while (childishly as her dear brother might have said), but she didn't want to burden Gi with her problems now. "But it's okay. I mean, we are hanging out now and that's great," she smiled, because it was true. "What about you? Are things good with you?"

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Yukina101

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 am
Tonight,
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

╰☆╮Gi narrowed her eyes as Lizzie averted hers and seemed to want to look anywhere but at her which of course raised some red flags in her mind. More flags at least. And then she tried to change the topic asking if things were right with her and she wanted to ignore the blatant aversion but after she thought about it for a second, she realized she might be able to use it to help."I'm alright, I'm taking more pictures for the newspaper which is nice and the editor guy only rolls his eyes at me now whenever I say hi which is apparently amazing." she said giggling about her dour club leader. "I've also been thinking a bit on which electives to take next year. I' asked Ji, my brother, and all he's pretty much told me was to justt choose the ones I'd like which is just soooo helpful. Oh! Speaking of brothers, have I introduced you to my younger one? His name's Su-Jin, he's a Hufflepuff first year, and I'm pretty sure he's in art club with you? He's usually sort of quiet but he's really a sweetheart once you get to know him." Gi said with a soft smile thinking of her brother and also of his outrage that she was telling her friends he was sweet. He'd probably pout and make up a thousand reasons why he wasn't while she would just sit there and think he was being adorable and if Ji was there he'd just ignore them both. It reminded her of how they acted before they were split and it warmed her to know that they could still act that way. But now wasn't supposed to be about her! "Soo..speaking of brothers, what happened with you and Peter? I was trying to be all subtle but I'm not good at it and I heard he made a scene in art club and after that you've been sorta down but you haven't said anything but I'm worried! If you're worried that I'm gonna go beat him up don't; he's got like a stone and a foot on me but I'd give him a tongue lashing he'd never forget!" Gi told her outright her only show of how nervous she actually was by fiddling with her cocoa.

oyehh

We are wild
We are (we are)
We are wild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 pm
User Image

Lizzy grinned at the thought of the sour head of the newspaper club. She only ever heard stories about him but from the few glimpses of him she'd caught around the castle, she had no trouble imagining his reaction. Gi continued on, gushing about her brothers, especially her younger one with such obvious pride that Lizzy couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm despite the minor pang of jealousy she shot down resolutely. "You haven't but I've seen him. He seems nice." She hadn't spoken with him much other than the usual smiles and greetings at the club and the common room, but from what she'd seen, he certainly seemed so. Gi was lucky to have her siblings and they were lucky to have her.

Lizzy was content to have Gi continue talking about her brothers, but instead, she brought a subject matter she'd been hoping to avoid. Just hearing his name brought back her irritation and her hands tightened around her mug. Even when he wasn't here, Peter had to ruin everything, the git. She was prepared to brush away the incident with a forced smile as she did normally but hearing how Gi was worried, her heart clenched in guilt. The fact that she was willing to tear into him was the final straw (and no matter how much she'd like to see that, she couldn't let Gi do it, if only for her friend's sake) and Lizzy gave in, sagging back and looking down at her mug, studiously avoiding Gi's eyes. "I'm sure you heard already. He was being a t**t and an arse and wouldn't listen to me, like the usual. He never does, and then he says I'm stupid for not listening to him, as if it would convince me or something." And that was the problem. He constantly belittled her but still expected her to look up to him as the shining example and role model and when she didn't, he acted worse. And that scene he caused at the club was so humiliating that if it wasn't for Dris, Beckah and the other members, she'd have never dared to show her face again. "But I haven't seen him since then, so good riddance. You don't need to do anything," she hurried to reassure Gi, finally meeting her eyes, trying to show her sincerity. "You really don't, it's just enough that we're here hanging out," she admitted, cheeks blushing at her honesty. Just the fact that Gi (and Drew and her other friends) stuck around after meeting her brother was all that mattered, and it was more than what many other people had done.

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Yukina101

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 am
Tonight,
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won

╰☆╮Gi was feeling that maybe she had pushed her friend too much and was about to apologize when Lizzie visible sagged and began talking. She knew she wasn't going to like whatever her friend was going to tell her when she planned this but goodness she hadn't thought she'd be that annoyed with Peter. The fact that all he had to do was show up was enough to ruin the Hufflepuff's mood for weeks said allot about his character. Or lack thereof.The Gryffindor did however smile and giggle in slight relief as her friend told her she didn't actually have to physically stand up to him since she was pretty sure he would win. If only because he was bigger, but once she hit that growth spurt and maybe started doing some real exercising she could take him in a year. Maybe two. "I'm just glad I can help in some way that matters. But gah, wouldn't I like to punch him one good time in the mouth! Seriously! Where's in his small mind does he see himself as the ruler of all things?!" Gi groused taking a hard bite out of her biscuit. She forced herself to calm down since this would probably not make things better so she took a calming breath and a sip of her cocoa (which had been refilled when she blinked? like? how??) and turned back to her friend with a sheepish grin. "You shouldn't let Peter rile you like that because he seriously isn't worth it. Oo! I may not be able to fight him or anything, but I can throw the spit from my flute on him 'accidentally' at the next music club meeting!" Gi offered slightly proud of her suggestion.

oyehh

We are wild
We are (we are)
We are wild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

After a brief encounter with a worried house-elf, the fourth years were shooed to a quiet end of one of the tables. And with a bit of food in her, Sonora was feeling her energy come back as well-- had it really been that long since she’d eaten?

”Thanks for finding me,” she told Kam, her expression much better than before, and her smile brighter. This was a much better state of mind to be in. "It'll be okay, right?"

I tried to leave it a little vague in case you wanted to continue conversation directly or skip ahead a bit? As always, let me know if I can edit.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Kitchen
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate this weight of guilt...

Kam listened as Sona explained her thoughts on his feeling of invisibility. She commented on forcing people to see them, and he snorted, almost angrily as a flash of annoyance burned through him. "I tried. I tried to make myself different and stand out.... and all I got for it was teased and grounded." He sighed, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. Part of him hated his silly hairdo and knew why his friends were teasing him, but the majority of him begged for people to notice him.

When Sona mentioned transfiguration being her distraction, Kam sent her an encouraging smile. "Yea! That's something constructive to put attention into. But... if you need help with dueling, I can sure try to help. I'm not the best, but.... Practice can only make us both better, right?" He chuckled softly, hoping she'd agree to his offer. After that, the duo made their way to the kitchen, talking more about cursebreaking and dueling.

Once they made it into the kitchen proper, they sat at the quiet little table, ordering a bit of food for dinner. He was eating a bite of his chicken pot pie when Sona thanked him. He sent her a helpless look, cheeks bulging a bit. Just as he was hastily swallowing his food to reply, she asked him to verify everything would be fine. "It... I don't know, Sona. I feel like everything is just... crazy right now. Ever since I accidentally told Iggy I was done with him... everyone's been all crazy. Then you and Jonah and Ves are acting all weird since last summer but.... I just want us all to be all fine again." He sighed, feeling guilty about causing everyone to go into a spiral with him. Was it all his fault? He sure believed so....

addaellis

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

Sonora looked alarmed when Kam made an upset noise and replied that he had tried to be noticed and stand out and he'd only gotten teased and grounded. Had he been trying to stand out last year? Had people been teasing him? Well that was another point for unobservant. Sona shrunk a little at that thought, but when she glanced over, he was running a hand through his hair with irritation. Oh it was the hair thing! She had overheard a few less-than-kind comments and presently frowned, upset that people would be so rude about it. "Are people teasing you about your hair? That's rude. Forget that. If you think it helps express yourself, that's what matters." She paused. "Why would you get grounded?"

She eagerly accepted Kam's invitation to practice dueling though. Like he said, Practice could only make them both better! And she needed a lot of practice until she couldn't get it wrong. He was nice enough to indulge her with discussion of cursebreaking and dueling, and then there was warm chicken pot pie.

Sona giggled a note when Kam made a hamster face, but quickly sobered when he replied honestly to her question that everything was going to be okay. He was right. It didn't feel like things were fine right now. But it would be. Eventually. Things would work out. "They're crazy now. But...You and Iggy are going to talk, and then he'll understand how you've been feeling, and you'll see that you are both wonderful."

She made a tiny sigh and moved her spoon around the empty crust of the pie for a while. "And....and I'll talk to Jonah. We'll figure this out." If she could get Jonah to talk to her properly. She would. And then they'd explain things properly to Ves. And then everything would be fine. Right. She looked up. "Plan of action: This next weekend, I'm going to clear things up with Jonah. He still owes me something from Hogsmeade and I'm going to cash it in for tea and cake. Would you invite Iggy? Maybe you can talk things over too. Maybe don't. Maybe just get a snack and talk a walk? Just...hang out together for a while. Things will definitely be okay."

Miss GryffindorK

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx↝ Wнεяε αм I? Kitchens
xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? House Elves
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Lunchtime Cookery
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? This is gonna be so good!

Augustus walked down to the kitchen, stretching a bit as he did so. It was a nice Saturday, and since he didn't have any classes, he decided to make himself a nice lunch. The house-elves did great... but he wanted a taste of home. Since his dad couldn't just... show up and take him home for a bit, Gus figured he'd treat himself to the next best thing. Greeting the few elves happily, the boy gathered all he'd need. He quickly set to work, humming as he chopped up a few mushrooms. Pausing to cough and gasp for a moment, Gus wished his lungs weren't terrible. Luckily, one of the lingering elves brought him a glass of water, which quite helped. "Thank you for that!" Deciding humming was well out, Gus began to boil some water for his pasta while he melted butter in a little skillet beside it. There. Soon enough he'd have a hearty lunch, plus some for later.... or maybe just a really big serving...

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's sʜᴏᴡɪɴɢ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ. Sʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴏᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ, I ɢᴜᴇss ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ꜰᴀʀ, I'ᴍ ᴋᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴀʀ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
Gᴏ ᴏɴ, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪs Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ
I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ
Aʟʟ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪs ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
Gᴏʟᴅ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴏʜ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ

Kitchens