Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Kitchens
The Kitchen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:38 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Sixth Year♖
Prefect♖Cooking Club Captain ♖ Fencing Captain ♖ Music Club Bagpiper ♖ Quidditch Team Chaser ♖

User Image
▬▬"If music be the food of love, play on;"▬▬

Brook had wanted to take a break from studying so much, and went to the kitchen to get some fruit. Sixth year was odd, no huge tests, but so much prep to get ready for NEWTs. On top of that, she was doing her personal study in healing, particuarly working to trying to heal Gus, something she was especially pushing toward after she had heard he had been in the Hospital this past break. She wanted to mend their friendship, sure they had talked a little, but it wasn't the same. Things were awkward now, like they still weren't on the same level of friendship yet. Brook walked into the kitchen, and smelled something wonderful cooking, were the elves already working on dinner? She looked over, and saw the boy she had been thinking about, Gus.

She took a piece of fruit, and awkwardly started backing up, "Oh, uh. I'm sorry Gus. I didn't realize you were in here. Your food smells amazing. I uh. Just came in for some fruit, a bit of a study break. I, guess I'll catch you around later?" She hadn't prepared herself to see Gus, to talk to him, to talk about everything, but here he was. She didn't want to leave, but she wasn't ready to talk to him yet. She especially didn't want to leave because his food smelled amazing, and she wanted to sit and share it with him. Oh well, it had to happen, she wouldn't tell him anything yet, she couldn't.

▬▬"Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die."▬▬

Where & Who: Brook and Gus in the Kitchen Winter Sixth year
Thinking about: Oh Gus, not yet.
Brook Description: 5'4.5" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: Purple long sleeves, black leggings.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx↝ Wнεяε αм I? Hogwarts Kitchen
xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Brook, hopefully
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Making Soup
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? I miss my friend

Gus looked over in confusion when the door opened, a warm blush creeping when he saw Brook. Wasn't the kitchen where they had met for the first time? Talk about cycles. Now their friendship was.... strained, his heart was proverbially mended from her harsh rejection, and now she seemed to be hell bent on helping him get better. The girl grabbed an apple, hastily speaking about not realizing he was there. Apparently she was on a study break, yet she was leaving. Probably just to avoid him at all costs. "It's fine. You don't have to leave just because I'm here. I have more than enough to share. It's chicken noodle, specifically my grammy's recipe."

He gestured awkwardly at the pot, hoping she'd not run off. It was really hard to avoid her all the time, and because what? Sure, she'd broken his heart, but whatever. He'd gotten over it. "B-besides, I miss talking to you. It's really hard to not see one of my best friends. And if you need a daytime study-pal, I'm here for you, Brook." There. Hopefully she'd stay, and if not, well... he wasn't stupid. He calmly added a few spices, then the twirly egg noodles he'd made earlier with the help of the house elves.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You could never know what it's like. Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use
And did you think this fool could never win. Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did! Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time! Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:26 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Sixth Year♖
Prefect♖Cooking Club Captain ♖ Fencing Captain ♖ Music Club Bagpiper ♖ Quidditch Team Chaser ♖

User Image

Brook sighed in relief when Gus said he had enough to share, she loved his cooking, and didn't mind his company. Plus, the food just smelled amazing. She went and stood next to him, watching him do stuff, before going and grabbing some bowls, she could at least help out by doing that. "Honestly, I'm glad you said to stay. Well, not in those words, but, gosh it smells wonderful. I've missed our midday and near curfew snack times." She chuckled at the daytime study-pal. Their study sessions often went late at ight, so Aidene could keep up with all the work, and not feel left out. Maybe it was past time to let the feelings of unease go between them, Aidene would probably appreciate the awkwardness while studying, unless... unless Gus wasn't over his crush and THAT became awkward, but that was a problem for another day.

"I guess, I'll be here for you too Gus. It was mean of me to just ditch you, and I guess I shouldn't have... She shrugged, she had things to tell him, even if they hadn't been close yet, "I failed my healing OWL, but I think it was best. It left me with alot of free time to study the ailments of a GusGus. I have no cure yet, but I think I may one day. But, If you're up to sharing, would you tell me what medications you have? I think it would help my study. Of course, if you don't WANT me to study you personally, I can go find another human to study and try to heal with my non-healing knowledge." She started just spewing words, she wasn't sure what else to say, plus she hadn't given him all the details of her studying yet, and had been dying to ask these questions of him for a while now.

▬▬"Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die."▬▬

Thinking about: Oh Gus, not yet.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Brook, hopefully
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Making Soup
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? She wants to study me?

Gus grinned when Brook mentioned she was glad to stay. Apparently she missed their sneaky mealtimes. "I missed them too, Brook. Plus I missed having a snack-tester." He sent a cheeky grin over toward the blonde, remembering their first meeting at the kitchens. "Can you stir for a sec while I get the biscuits in the oven? That way they'll be nice and fluffy." Once she took over, he put in the nicely seasoned biscuits in the oven.

Taking over, she spoke again, noting that she'd also be there for him, then noting it was mean to ditch him. He sighed softly, the small sound curled with a slight wheeze. When she said she'd failed her Healing OWL he offered a frown, but she continued, saying she was studying him, or more specifically, his ailments. She asked about his medications, and he blinked a few times. "Is it weird that this isn't the first time I've been a study subject? But sure. I can write them all down for you, along with what they do." He coughed into his elbow, though it sounded much healthier than it had any right to sound. "Sorry, and thank you. If you want to study, maybe I can help? I know a bit about healing, plus a lot about heart and lung conditions." He sent a nervous grin toward Brook, carefully dishing up the soup into their bowls. Once they were placed, Gus pulled the biscuits from the oven and placed a couple on two small plates and set them on the table as well.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You could never know what it's like. Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And did you think this fool could never win. Well look at me, I'm coming back again
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did! Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time! Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:05 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Sixth Year♖

User Image

Brook took the spoon and stirred for Gus, hoping she wouldn't let anything burn while he was away for however short of a time. He must severely lack the knowledge of how bad she was at cooking. She chuckled when he said he had been a study subject before, but then realized he was serious. There were people that actually studied kids with medical conditions? Like, normal adult people that wanted to STUDY them? She didn't mean to study him, she just wanted to be able to care for him when he was sick, instead of standing around helplessly. As they sat down with their soup and biscuits, Brook answered Gus, "I'd appreciate the medicine list, and what they do. I'd like to be knowledgeable of the negative side effects of them all. " She didn't immediately answer about studying healing with him, and heart and lung conditions. She thought on it, should she tell him what her true motives were, or just, keep it hidden to save his feelings?

She took a bite of the soup, and grinned, "I give this soup a Outstanding. It's wonderful GusGus." As she continued to eat, she considered her situation. She was sitting here eating a light meal with GusGus, her good friend again. They were having normal enough conversation. He had said he would help her study, but did she really need to study,? No, she had been looking for ways that she could care for Gus, in sickness or in health, it was just... Gus was always more sick than in health. Yes, this was it. She would tell him now, sit through the rest of an awkward meal, and then flee.

She sat her spoon down, and took a biscuit, and began ripping it apart, putting some bits into her soup, "Look Augustus, I don't want to study you for the sake of healing self study, or the sake of healing you. I want to know what's happening to you, so if something bad happens, I know what to do. I want to be there for you, in everyway I can. Just. After your hospital visit I realized it, that I wasn't studying for knowledge, but... I was studying for feelings. For more than a friend. I was studying so hard because well, I like you GusGus. I guess I've liked you a while now. Remember, I had such a big crush on you when we first met? It just hit me though, I guess I didn't reallly cover that crush, I just... pushed it away, because how could I actually like like my best friend? I mean, there's Aidene, but... maybe she was just my cover up friend, to hide what I really thought of you."

She took a deep breath and looked at Gus, sitting the bit of her biscuit down. "I guess what I'm saying Gus, is I want to be more than friends with you. But, of course, if you've moved on, I understand. If you're comfortable with it I will still always be your friend." She picked her spoon back up, and started eating again. There, it was all out in the open now. She could eat her soup with the peace of mind that at least she had told him.

Thinking about: This is in the open now.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:
[  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx↝ Wнσ'ѕ ωιтн мε? Brook
xxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ gσιиg σи? Deep Conversation
xxxxx↝ Wнαт'ѕ σи мч мιиd? She wants to date me?

Gus nodded a bit when Brook agreed that she would like his medication list. He would have to wait until he got back to his room for some of them, but others he'd been on for what seemed like forever. "Okay. Then I can do that. I'll get it to you at breakfast... or maybe lunch." He sighed softly, but served up their meal. The blonde gave the meal an Outstanding, earning a bright grin from the boy. "I'm glad you like it. I make it when I get sick... or sometimes just homesick. Not that I don't love being here with my friends, of course." That earned a quiet laugh, though it quickly turned into a small cough fit worthy of his inhaler. Stupid lungs ruining the moment.

When he got his breathing back under control, the teen went to take a bite, but paused when Brook set down her spoon.... but there was still food left? When she called him by his full first name, Gus looked positively shocked. He set his own spoon down, looking at her attentively while she spoke. Apparently she wasn't looking to study him for grades, self-learning, or even to heal him.... just so she knew what to do if ever he needed help. Was this spurred on by her recent loss or was something entirely different at play?

It was that train of thought that was derailed by her next words. She had a crush on him when they were younger? And that's why she'd pushed him away?! What the heck! After she paused to take a deep breath (one that secretly made him a bit envious), she spilled the proverbial beans. She wanted to be more-than-friends.... with him???? He blinked a few times in confusion. While everything connected the dots in his mind, Gus came up with his words.

"Brook, I really appreciate that you want to learn to help me. You'd be surprised how few people would take the time to do that. It's something I admire about you - always looking out for your friends. As for your feelings... well... I guess I never really got over my feelings either. I'd love to be more-than-friends with you, Brookie." A small smile hit his lips, a blush curling over his cheeks. The atmosphere had certainly shifted a bit, but Gus wasn't upset. Their friendship had been restored and upgraded in only moments, and that was priceless.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          ѕo won'т yoυ нelp мe вroтнer
                                          caυѕe ι can'т lιғт тнιѕ on мy own

spaceIt was fortunate, Book thought, that his stomach had rumbled sometime in the middle of explaining what the word "LARP" (it was a word, right? you said it like one, so it must be) meant. Otherwise, he and Aria might've gotten caught up in conversations about books he wouldn't have read (he wasn't offended, she was right), memory wiping spells and how that could be abused (she'd sounded like she had stories, and he wanted to hear them), and House-Elves. He had many, many questions about them, but he figured he could ask the creatures themselves, right? Assuming they could talk, which he was assuming, since they could apparently cook the food for the whole bloody castle. How many of these things were there, anyway?

spaceFinding the entrance hadn't been as much of an adventure as he'd hoped, since the still-life hiding (guarding?) it was rather large and ostentatious. But, it'd been pretty funny to literally have to tickle a painting. Especially when the pear giggled, which he hadn't been expecting at all. As they went through the door, his eyebrows still firmly at his hairline from the surprise, he asked,
                                          'How many secret doors d'ya figure there are around here, anyway?"

spaceAs he asked, he took a second to look around the room they'd found themselves in, and was caught even more off-guard by the creatures running about. House-Elves, he assumed. They were... well, not what he'd expected, but he wasn't sure what he'd been expecting in the first place. And there were a ton of them! His eyes were as wide as dinner plates, his mouth gaping ever so slightly. They looked busy, of course, so he supposed his questions would have to wait. He normally didn't mind interrupting people who were busy, but his aunt had drilled into him well enough that you didn't mess around with people who were working with food, potions, or explosives. Instead, a faint, "Bloody hell," was all he managed.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree (yeѕ ιт wιll)
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll, тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree
                                          ιт'ѕ a вιттer pιll мy people
                                          well we вeттer ѕтarт cнewιng, ιғ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean

wнere - Kitchen
                                          wнen - Early Autumn 2053
                                          wιтн - Aria
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053
Location: White jeans, a tan turtleneck, and a tan plaid vest
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aria was confident in her lead to the kitchens even if one, she had never been there or two, she honestly wasn't sure they were even allowed in the kitchens.
                                                She wasn't against occasionally breaking the rules (and some rules should be broken since they weren't moral) but she was not the type to go out of her way to break the rules either. Also, she would feel terrible if she got Book in trouble. Once they got to the painting she let him do the tickling honors. For her she assumed magic lacked the same novelty it did for Book. If his sky-high eyebrows were any indication her assumption was right. When he asked her about secret passages Aria tilted her head and considered the question .

"For a start there are the four houses and the kitchens. Reading about Harry Potter's adventures I think I remember one being mentioned in one of the girl's bathroom on one of the floors . There's the legendary Room of Requirement, too. I assume dozens of secret doors and passageways. It's a shame not all hidden doors lead to kitchens," Aria concluded as she entered the kitchens.

Even she was impressed by what they found inside. Aria had never seen so many house-elves in one place. There was so much movement, sounds, and smells. She glanced briefly at Book who summed it up with a bloody hell. Aria nodded only managing a simple, "I agree." Before she could think of anything else to say one of the house-elves held out a plate of cookies and said in a rush, "Take a cookie and go sit down." The house-elf pointed to a few chairs in the corner out of the way. Aria blushed and whispered to Book, "We probably should do what he said." Maybe coming so close to a meal time wasn't the brightest of ideas. She hadn't even considered how much more prep it would take for cooking for all of Hogwarts instead of what her mum would do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Let me know if any changes needed including NPC house-elf and mention of Harry Potter and his adventures in books Aria could read}
                                                MJ Spooks

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Fourth Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick Believer

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Karah made her way up to the kitchen after classes one day, dragging her history book with her. Sure, she could have waited until dinner, but sometimes you just need a little snack. She tickled the pear, and then asked for some cheese and crackers, her weakness in life. Sitting down with her favorite snack, she opened up her history book (her least favorite subject) and began to read. Most people would probably have just taken the snack with them, not stayed around the kitchen, but sometimes while in the kitchens Karah ran into other quiet souls like herself. It was a nice change of pace all around, studying, snacking, talking.

She groaned, slammed shut her history book and looked at the door, eating another cracker. Another human would be nice, and definitely better than history of magic.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Where & Who: Karah in the kitchens
Thinking about: History? Ew. Crackers and cheese? Yes.
Wearing: School robes

oyehh

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:15 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • It didn't matter what anyone else thought, Hufflepuff was the best house in Jun's opinion. Sure, they didn't have traits they were famous for, like the Gryffindor bravery, or Slytherin ambition, or Ravenclaw smarts, and they might not have cool dorms in towers or under the lake. But they had the cosiest and most welcoming common room and most importantly, they were right next to the kitchens!

The greatest day of his life so far was when he handed over the Hogsmeade permission slip—signed after a month of exceptional behaviour and carefully timed reminders to his mother—and got to spend his entire allowance on Honeydukes so he usually had a good dash of sweets in his room. But it only lasted for so long before Jun could replenish it in the next trip and he sometimes he just needed a pick-me-up after class.

He tickled the pears (didn't break his record for the fastest tickle to open the door, drat) to enter the kitchen and immediately found himself under the scrutiny of his brightly haired classmate. He blinked then immediately moved to join her grinning. "Hey Karah," he greeted as he sat beside her. She wasn't an uncommon sight in the kitchens and it was always nice to have the company of his friend during a snack break. A house elf popped up to ask if there was anything she could get him and soon, Jun had a plate of delicious apple cake that he happily dug into.

"It's too early in the semester to start on that book," he grimaced, nodding at the book she had with her. Another common factor between them: they had absolutely no love for history of magic. Jun slept nearly as much on his desk in that class as on his own pillow.

• WHEN Fall 2057 tab tab tab WHERE Kitchens tab tab tab WITH Karah

OOC xxx

Stefan Lee Salvatore

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Fourth Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick Believer

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Karah smiled as Jun came in, just the quiet soul she needed. He began eating an apple cake, and Karah bit into another cheese cracker. "You're right it is too early to start on this book, but my grades from last year say if I don't start studying now for OWLs, then I'm almost certainly going to fail. Now that William is here, if I fail I will be laughed out of my house." Would she actually be laughed out of her house, because her little brother was a better studier? No. Would she feel personally attacked if William did better at magic? Yes.

"So what brings you in here so early in the school year, didn't want to start into your snack supply that you brought from home?" She was joking with him of course, she enjoyed having the company (and clearly the snacks brought from home were for eating after curfew). However, it was so early in the year Karah didn't have complaints about the year yet and her summer had been dreadfully boring, other than watching William be ecstatic about being a wizard.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Where & Who: Karah and Jun in the kitchens
Thinking about: History? Ew. Crackers and cheese? Yes.
Wearing: School robes

oyehh

Quote:

Kitchens

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out