Submit

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm
I don't actually have any gay/les soquili of my own, but I'm definitely liking the idea of a post for them. Eventually I'm sure I'll develop a character of that sexual interest and I can imagine I'll have a bit of a hard time finding the right type of love interest. Heck, I've a hard enough time finding breedings for my other soquili ^.^ I don't think another LR is needed, and it's been pretty well stated that this could be in the plot thread area. I can definitely see the need for it as well as the use. Just having a separate form in the LR would defeat the purpose unless looking for a surrogate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 pm
User Image A Flower in Memory

There are no plans at the moment to create a seperate thread for those Soquili seeking a same sex partner. If you wish to look for such a pairing for your Soquili, you can create a plot thread in the Chat and Plot Zone, and/or advertise in your signature.

Display it proudlyUser Image

Reeve_Tuesti

Invisible Genius

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:59 pm
Basically what Reeve said.

We've all agreed that it can be done personally, or even in the current lover's rock. It's not gender locked, you can say they're looking for same sex partners, or just do it in your own teepee, signature, etc. It's not something we use in breedings, so it's more of a personal option.

Final answer C:.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm
Nerpin
in the current lover's rock

Sorry to post another question here, but I thought that the Lover's Rock is only for those that were looking for breeding partners, not a love-mate?  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm
ATh e a r t
Nerpin

Sorry to post another question here, but I thought that the Lover's Rock is only for those that were looking for breeding partners, not a love-mate?
I second that. /:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:45 pm
ATh e a r t
Nerpin

The Lover's Rock is for those looking for love, be it of the same or opposite gender. If it was only for those looking for a breeding, we'd likely have named it something like Breeder's Rock or the like. lol

Reeve_Tuesti

Invisible Genius

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm
Reeve_Tuesti

The Lover's Rock is for those looking for love, be it of the same or opposite gender. If it was only for those looking for a breeding, we'd likely have named it something like Breeder's Rock or the like. lol

I'm not exactly sure what's so funny, but from another staffer, it's in the breeding part of the guild, unless that has changed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 am
And I don't really see what is oh so serious about this. Really, NOTHING and NO ONE is stopping anyone from going out and finding same sex mates for their Soq. NOTHING.

Yes, you may face restrictions here and there since the majority cater to straight couples, but it is nothing a little imagination and creativity can't handle.

As people have said, if you need to, search through plot threads, post stuff in your own plot thread, advertise in your sigs. Hell be creative and try to create a same sex gathering thread in the plot area if you have to! Just a simple thread where people can gather and chat about potential same sex plots and see whom else has gay/lesbian soq in the shop. At least that way you may be able to see who is who and whom you could potentially plot with if you want to.

Don't just aim low and easy here. Try to think outside the box and find a creative means to reach your goal instead of pawing at same thing over and over.

There are PLENTY of same sex couples that have come about without the need for some Lover's rock and whatever. If they can do it, then so can you.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:38 am
There have been posts in the Lover's Rock threads before where the poster specifies that they're looking for a same-sex relationship for their Soq. No reason why it can't be done again.

As far as I know, there's never been a "lovers" forum vs. a "breeding" forum, Heart. That would be pretty redundant, no? Lovemates and lifemates and breeding and just nuzzling up on each other are all a part of "love", I think. Hence the blanket term.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:03 am
I personally don't feel another thread is necessary.

I will use myself as an example. I have a gay/bi stallion whatever you want to call it. He found a male lover and has a potential surrogate in line WITHOUT the need of a thread.

I think if your willing to actually look and not have it easily in front of your face then it can be done. It has been done before with other people.

I think issues should be addressed with the current LR threads such as the deletion of post after the time is up or after a match has been found rather then adding a new one.

Most serious RPers (probably not the best wording for it) prefer searching plot threads and such for lovemates because generally someone who makes a plot thread is looking for RP for their Soq. Where in LR, it's not at all uncommon to see someone noting that they want back plots or no RP period.

That is my two cents on the matter

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 am
Samuel Carlin
As far as I know, there's never been a "lovers" forum vs. a "breeding" forum, Heart. That would be pretty redundant, no? Lovemates and lifemates and breeding and just nuzzling up on each other are all a part of "love", I think. Hence the blanket term.

As I said, someone else previously had said that it was for a making babies purpose, which was why for lovemate searches it was through the plotting part of the guild, not in the breeding section.

I was trying to look for where it was, but I think it was in the main thread sometime, so I dunno.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am
Well now it's love mating finding as well. Things adapt with time. I imagine in the beginning Soq interested in same sex partners were a rarity. Now they're more common.

And with Nerpin's post, LR officially adapted with the time. I say officially because, while rare, I have seen it used for lovemate searching.

I'll stick to plot threads. More fun. =w=  

Ishtanballa

Romantic Spotter

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out