{?} Pelt on SOQ question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 am
Ok so i wanted to get a skinwalker like pelt for my SOQ...Only problem he is not going to be one..I was wondering if this would be allowed? He will be able to take it off for one and it will be like a costume .

If this is not allowed..What can i do to give my SOQ wolf features without him being a muntant? This is for a near and deer OC of mine and i wanted to make him stand out...Also this is a big one mostly i really want him to have wolf ears and a wolf tail so i thought a pelt would solve this without him being mutant but if its not allowed im stumped

I just want to know if he can have a pelt that can come off and if not attached to him while being a Kalona/Wind..

Also can his body have fur texture..? I have seen some SOQ with feathers..I have seen some with a furlike texture to.. (Would apply to both pelt and body)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:27 am
Well in the CYO event that just passed there were several of those type of Soq's so I think you should be fine. :]  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 am
Well a pelt covering just the back, like the ones in the cyo, is fine. As far as it coming up to cover the head/face, I don't think so.

You could specify in a custom though that you want him to have like a hood, and the artist doing it could figure out a way for a none sw pelt to be worn by a Soq like a hunter's hood, with the pelt face resting on the head.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:15 am
Ah ok so the body pelt/tail is ok but i need to come up with a face idea.. This is going to be hard  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 am
You could do a mask... I know there's a soq out there that's wearing a catwalker costume. Maybe something like that?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am
Yep thats the one i was using as a ref but i wanted mine to have a body pelt to but then it becomes a walker pelt.. thats where im stumped as he needs wolf ears and a wolf tail...  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 am
you could have the mask like the costume one, bt rather than have the pelt go from the head, down the neck and along the back, maybe have it tied like a cape to his back? .. as for the tail .. i think only skinwalkers are allowed the skinwalker style tail. you could get a fake 'tail' tied to the top of the normal Soq tail ..

the one problem i have is, that you're trying to get a Soq that looks like a Skinwalker... but it isn't one ... i'm not even sure it would be allowed?

best idea would be to wait for a colorist to answer this ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 am
Im trying to avoided him being a mutant..or else i would just give him wolf ears a a wolf tail with no walker worries.

Problem with that is he would cost so much and be near impossible to get.. I cant figure out a way around this..

Possibly a mask a normal horse mane a pelt and a tied on tail..?  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 am
that's what i meant, sorry about my wording

it would technically it would be a costume (i think) .. tied on mask, tied on pelt (like a cape) and a tied on tail?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:37 am
Hmm well im going to see what the colorists say before i decide what to do. That is a good idea though if what i really want is not allowed.  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 am
It might be feasible for him to have a wolf-head mask that is just on his face, and does not proceed down his neck to join the rest of the pelt. The pelt itself could be tied on like a cape, I would think? And as far as the tail goes, you would need to talk to a colorist, but it might be possible to get a regular hair tail editted to be fluffed up / have the hair layered where it just resembled a wolf tail. But I'm not honestly sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am
Ok that gave me an idea im going to draw a ref and post it here. Hopefully a colorist will notice this topic  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces