Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
how can i get them to understand?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tristin Lee

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm
My Mom and i Argue all the time she keep telling me this is just a phase and that if i met the right girl i'd be "fine"! like theres something wrong with me! And she also told me that i chose to be like this! And i keep asking her "Why would i chose to have u look at me like i'm a monster? Why would i have my brother think i'm an abomination b4 god? why would i chose to be teased everyday of my life?" and she keeps telling me she doesn't know and she wishes i would just give up this charade and quit acting like a mental case! I just need to know if one day will she ever understand and accept i'm not gonna be the perfect little husband with the perfect little wife with the perfect little kids she always thought i'd be...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:34 pm
Its going to take some time. Its not your fault, orientation is decided at ages 4 and 5. Your just going to have to let her accept it for herself. That isnt right of her to keep on arguing with you, you are who you are. Some parents accept the fact easier than others, but all in time. You could also have a family member talk to your mom about it too. She might accept it a little better if you did that.

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:06 pm
Tell her to read more, to inform herself better before talking s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:36 pm
it varies from person to person

in your case, I'd say when you mother is elderly.... maybe

and unless your brother gets some kind of education on the subject, probably never

I just take it with a grain of salt
(that phrase makes me seem old -w-)  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm
NEVER FORGET YOU'RE ******** PERFECT!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 pm
^_^ thank you all for ur Advice it really helped and made me feel alot better! and I love that song! ******** perfect by P!nk right? lol.

Peace and Love,
Bubble Goth MoonChild  

Tristin Lee

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 pm
In your mom's case, the dissipation of that "perfect image" she had of you triggered the innate human fear of being wrong, reverting her to a state of childlike denial. Don't worry, she'll get over it (hopefully).

As for your brother, it is often said that those who speak the loudest often have the most to hide.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm
Sometimes you simply can't make them understand. They may with time and a little information, but they may not. In the latter case it may be best to just get out and away from them, sad as it is.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers