View Results

ll Angelic Agony ll

Distinct Noob

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm
I'm in 6th grade. I just got a missing work slip, which is understandable, because I was absent a day, and the stuff on the slip was my absent work. But that's obviously not the problem. The problem is that my average is a D. That's D. I am not the kind of person to do D work.
And it's social studies, one of the easiest subjects. Well, to me. My teacher for S.S. said it was because of my missing work, but that's only two sheets of paper! WTF?! How much of a difference could those make?! It's just your average homework assignment, not worth much. She thinks I'm used to this?! I've never got anything less than a B- on my report card in my life!! What the hell am I supposed to do?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:33 pm
User Image

Do your work and turn it in.
If it doesn't raise your grade then see if you can do some make up work.

No need to freak out, it isn't like your in high school where you have to worry about credits.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ll Angelic Agony ll

Distinct Noob

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm
*sighs* Thanks, I'm a bit dramatic, without realizing it. *laughs nervously* At least, that's what I've been told. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:52 pm
Just do your work smile , whem I'm under my average score I also freak, but then I think of: Hé, next time I will do it better.
So just relax. smile  

Angel Essayez

Adventuring Explorer

10,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

reshi xx

Tipsy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:27 am
Relax. Just sit back, and take a deep breath.

I know, I'd be freaking out if I had a D, too. I'm a straight A student. Oh, I'm in 7th grade, by the way. But, last year, I got perfect attendance. However, I guess this year is my sickish year... I've been absent 3 times, and 4 times in Social Studies (my last hour). And, I've freaked out before because (lets call my science teacher Mrs. D) Mrs. D has told me that I'm missing stuff. I always find it and get it in, but whenever I find out I need to get a late grade, I kinda freak out.

However, (and let's call my english teacher Mrs. U) my english teacher Mrs. U always tell my slacker class (my english class is filled with slackers...) that a late grade is better than nothing. So take the late grade.

And, if you cant find the sheet, tell the teacher, and they'll get you one.

OH, and about the D, you can take up tutoring, or something. Or maybe tell your parents, see if they can help you, or just maybe get help from an older sibling if you have one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 am
Make a habit to turn your work in. In high school, our classes are for credits. Right now, it's my second year and im STILL trying to get good grades.  

Minoma Tears

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ramcee

Premium Grabber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:35 am
Oh-hoho boy.
6th grade... bad year for me.
In 7th now by the way. xD
In sixth grade, I pretty much stopped doing my homework due to having issues with it,
where I would sit there for hours and seriously not be able to do anything.
I ended up with a 14 in math and around 91-40 in every other subject.
My mom pulled me out so I wouldn't fail.
If I turned my work in I probably still would have failed for incompleteness,
but I would have made better grades for sure. :I
I was straight As,
I pretty much never made less than a 93,
since kindergarten.
Needless to say I freaked out too. xD
If you start to have the same problem as I did,
make them help you. Seriously. xD
I asked a few times but gave up.
I really wish I'd kept trying.
But I have to same advice as everyone else:
just turn in your work an relax. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 pm
If I make anything less than a 90 on a worksheet i'm screamed at an grounded. So, ask for extra credit. Or study to bring it up.  

rcatgurl

Lonely Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm
You're already saying wtf? stare
How much school has changed...
when I was in 6th grade I said drats...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm
I had a little trouble turning in assignments when I was your age too. I would think "it's just one homework assignment. It's not a big deal, right?"
Unfortunately, if you don't turn something in, then you get a grade of 0 for that assignment. And that could actually bring down your grade a lot, even if it's only one or two assignments.
It isn't easy, but you can do it! I wouldn't worry too much if you're just in middle school, because you don't have a GPA to worry about like you do in high school. I always hated how they did that in middle school and high school. It feels like you're not graded on how much you know, but what really matters is silly busywork and homework assignments.
But unfortunately that's the way it is until you get to college. You're only in 6th grade and it may take some time to get the hang of it, but as you get older it will get easier. 3nodding  

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:48 pm
mhmm. I'll say just what these girls have said. Probably since you are in gr. 6 you have less major assignments, making the ones you have missed worth more. Anything is better than nothing, so get in what you can. Other than that, relax. A junior high will take you, no matter what your marks. The only thing that matters in elementary school grades is impressing the parents! Take a deep Breathe, promise yourself you'll do better on the next one, get as high marks as you can and take up your grades.
In elementary I was probably a B- to an A student. I just didn't get school at all!! Nowadays I'm high 80s at least kid and can compete in my AP calculus class. Elementary school really doesn't have much of an effect on high school. (although I still can't really do my mult. tables! redface )
And I agree with Melancholic. Drats was the only word I'd use in gr. 6. It's surprising also how young kids on gaia get!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:31 pm
except gpa in middle/junior/intermediate/whatever school hardly matters, at all.

Ask if you can make up the work because you were absent. =)

If not, just do everything else well and on time. It'll probably even out in the end.

No te freakees ;D

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

xXxCrystalxXxClearxXx

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm
Do your work missy!  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items