Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
im scared my autism bothers my girlfriend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anika_the_odd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:27 am
yep im gay and i have a really awesome gf, but i usually end up acting strange without meaning to and i keep on getting scared she's annoyed by my autism. shes my first ever gf, i dated guys before but i really didnt like them and ignored them, and when i started to go out with my gf, i knew it was right and i didnt ignore her like i did the dudes, but i kept on getting terrified every time i said the wrong thing. i told her im autistic the instant we started going out, and she didnt seem to mind, but im scared she does. i have lots of problems being autistic and gay at the same time. gays really hard but a mental disorder on top of that...this really f**kin sucks. i mean, im ok with being gay, i have gay pride, but i dont have any AUTISM pride.
i started thinking i was getting too clingy, i thought that for a LONG time, and my emotions are so on the surface sometimes i accidentally cry in front of my friends. i get so scared of my gf's opinion all the time, and today i kinda asked her if i was too clingy on facebook...i was just too scared of thinking im a weird gf. i didnt mean to send the message but i accidentally did and i cant take it back. she was going to possibly come over again next week but i might have just ruined it. she didnt answer and i kno i just messed up. i never told her how i feel...about me being scared that she secetly think im a freak. i was always scared she'd think i was faking it but im not. and now i kinda accidently told her and now idk what to do! i always do this. i always mess up. i love her so much but i always mess things up!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:34 pm
anika_the_odd
this really f**kin sucks.

Well, you need to talk to her about it. You'll never be satisfied unless you get an answer from her. (:  

chaaaaaaaaarles

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

blackroze_dragon

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:01 pm
anika_the_odd
yep im gay and i have a really awesome gf, but i usually end up acting strange without meaning to and i keep on getting scared she's annoyed by my autism. shes my first ever gf, i dated guys before but i really didnt like them and ignored them, and when i started to go out with my gf, i knew it was right and i didnt ignore her like i did the dudes, but i kept on getting terrified every time i said the wrong thing. i told her im autistic the instant we started going out, and she didnt seem to mind, but im scared she does. i have lots of problems being autistic and gay at the same time. gays really hard but a mental disorder on top of that...this really f**kin sucks. i mean, im ok with being gay, i have gay pride, but i dont have any AUTISM pride.
i started thinking i was getting too clingy, i thought that for a LONG time, and my emotions are so on the surface sometimes i accidentally cry in front of my friends. i get so scared of my gf's opinion all the time, and today i kinda asked her if i was too clingy on facebook...i was just too scared of thinking im a weird gf. i didnt mean to send the message but i accidentally did and i cant take it back. she was going to possibly come over again next week but i might have just ruined it. she didnt answer and i kno i just messed up. i never told her how i feel...about me being scared that she secetly think im a freak. i was always scared she'd think i was faking it but im not. and now i kinda accidently told her and now idk what to do! i always do this. i always mess up. i love her so much but i always mess things up!

this kind of thing ive done a few times all i can say is wait and see really. i know it's not much of as far as advice or anything but it's all i could do. i never had anyone like a bf/gf to have this problem with but more my own friends, im always worried they will get annoyed with me as i am pretty deaf along with other things and i can get kind of clingy myself too i think, 1 of my freinds in general i met in high school and ive always really cared about her in a older sister kind of way as she has always helped me out and would worry about me if i was sick or like that and she all around just kind of looked out for me and i had grown really strong feelings for and one night i sent her a message about how i felt about her.well, afterwards im thinking telling her all that was a bad idea like maybe she will end up not wanting to hang around me as maybe she would end up feeling i was just to clingy myself or something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 pm
I personally think that you should just come clean and let her in on how you feel and let her know your worries. I mean, if it's like you said then she already knows that you have worries. So if you already sent that message then you might as well go all the way, and also I feel like if you're gonna let her in on your worries then you should probably do it in person and not over facebook or the phone. If you guys really love each other then don't shut each other out, listen to each other and communicate, communication is key to a healthy relationship. I'm sounding like Dr.Phil over here, lol, but that much is true. If a couple doesn't communicate their feelings then neither of them know what the other is feeling, and in not knowing what the other is feeling, you lose that connection and eventually start to drift apart. So I say go for it and come clean, I hope everything works out for ya'. biggrin  

Next_Gen_AnT

MagicalFlutes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 am
whether you talk to her about it, or wait it out a while, its completely up to you. The beggining of relationships are usually awkward, and clingy and your not sure how to act, etc, etc, but after a while you settle into the comfortable stage of the relationship, it's really just you need to be open with her, about a lot of things, and continue getting to know one another.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games