Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yup
  I think it'll go alright.
View Results

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 am
What is this?

This right here is where players in the LSG D&D game will roll up their characters.
Also for convenience here is a link to the OOC thread.

But Felin, you handsome devil, how will we do that?

Very easily, by using Gaia's built in dice roller. See below for more details!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 am
Rules For Rolling

Rule the First: All rolls must be made in this thread using Gaia's dice roller, that way I can double check if something seems off. (But Felin, you gave us a roller in the Player's Pack that you so generously provided! Why can't we just use that? Because shut up, that's why.)

Rule the Second: Rolls will be made using 4d6, subtracting the lowest of the four then adding the remaining three. Example: Felin rolls 6,3,6,4! Lowest roll is 3, leaving you with 6+6+4=16

Rule the Third: Minimum roll is 8. This means if you were to roll horribly, say 2,3,1,2 and added it up properly to 7 you would roll again until you hit at least 8.

Rule the Fourth: Stats are not rolled straight, meaning you can place the scores where you like.

Rule the Fifth: Starting level is 1

Rule the Sixth: Starting gold and gear will be handed out just before the game starts.

SIMPLE s**t, RIGHT?

Felin Greenleaf

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:48 am
Ok! All done rolling! What now?

Now all you need to do is PM me with the details of your character for approval. This can either be done by hand in the PM or (preferably) you just fill out the character sheet I provided and send it to me.

But what sort of things do we need to fill in?

In the beginning it could just be race, class, and ability scores. Things like backstory, feats, skills, and equipment can come after you've been approved.

What to do after approval, and why I need to approve people

After you've been approved there are a few more things you need to do. Firstly fill out your character sheet and send me a copy so I know everything is in order and can check your skills for certain things without having to ask you. Asking for skills during certain things tends to tip players off that something is up and can lead to meta-gaming.
Secondly I will approve or deny characters based on class or race, and since I can't think of much that will be banned right off it's much easier this way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 am
Wait, denied based on race? You racist ******** class="postcontent-align-center" style="text-align: center">There are some, actually quite a few, races that are either too powerful, too hard to balance, don't fit with the setting, or have such a high level adjustment there's really no point. There are a few ways to get around the level adjustment, either by trying to take away certain abilities or bonuses, or the Savage Species way. I'll try to work with you guys if there is a race you absolutely are dying to play, but not everyone can have everything they want.

Wait, denied based on class? You classist ******** class="postcontent-align-center" style="text-align: center">Yeah I used the joke twice, what of it? This one is more something that really can't be helped. Either the class won't fit with what we're doing or is just really broken. There are a lot of these, especially on D&D Wiki. If your pet class gets rejected I am sorry, but I'll usually have a good reason for doing so.

Felin Greenleaf

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 am
Of character histories and starting locations

As far as a back story goes for your character, feel free to do one on your own. I may have to adjust it slightly, but I will do my best to work with you to make sure it's what you want while still fitting into the campaign. The reason some things may need to be changed is the need to figure out where to drop each character in the beginning and give them a motivation to end up in the same place. Yes, this is railroading, and yes I hate doing it but the party has to get together some how. After the initial meet-up I'll be as hands off as I can for that sort of thing.

Note: If you and someone else want your characters to know each other somehow just make sure you both include it in your descriptions. Give a history of how they met, their relationship, and things like that. I'm shaping this world around you guys as we go, so I can work with most things.

Parties and You! A Helpful Guide to Getting Along With Your New Party

At the core D&D is about interactions, be it with NPCs, monsters, or each other. I'd like if people were in the same general alignment spectrum, but someone wants to be evil I'll allow it. If the evil players go overboard, however, I may have to put a stop to it all god-hand style.
As a party your goals will be better served trying to cooperate, that being said if we have enough players I won't mind having multiple parties competing against each other.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 am
And lastly

D&D is a roleplaying game, which means posts in the main thread are strictly for roleplaying. The only other posts allowed there are rolls and their results.

If you want your character to do something without the party knowing just let me know, we'll work something out separately, just be prepared for your party members to wonder where you are during your absence.

Your characters are yours, their personality is entirely up to you. Want to be a xenophobic Dwarf who tosses racial slurs at Elves and Humans? Go right ahead, just know that there will be consequences in the game for your actions. I won't god-hand for those things, but it will be understandable if the person you've insulted remembers you for it, or even outright attacks you.

Felin Greenleaf

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 am
Reserved  

Felin Greenleaf

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:35 am
Open  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:35 am
ARE YOU ALLOWING HALF ORCS. YOU BETTER. I LOVE HALF ORCS.

BEST HALF-ORC DIALOG EVER.

*MY CHARACTER IS POLISHING A GOLDEN CANNON BALL FROMA MYSTERIOUS SUNKEN VESSAL. OBNOXIOUS PUNY HUMAN COMES UP*

Him - What's that?
Me - *sneer* It's mine.
Him - Uh...ok, um. Ok.

Xiporah

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 am
Yeah, any race from the PHB is allowed, same with classes.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:19 pm
Ok. I may need your help. It's been 7 years since I seriously played. D:

I will roll stats tonight, but I may as well tell you now, half-orc, barbarian, male.

Xiporah

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm
That's alright, we can do it over AIM or something if you need help.  
Sock Grenade rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 4, 2, 1 Total: 13 (4-24)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:04 pm
First stat roll. P:

Yields a 12. P:  

Sock Grenade

Sock Grenade rolled 4 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 5, 3 Total: 15 (4-24)

Sock Grenade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 pm
Going for number two. ;D

Oooh man, a 13. xD I'll have the averagest character around.  
Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff