Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
How long does it take?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Vi

8,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am
How long does it take to get over sexual abuse? For a long time it didn't really bother me and now it feels like it has actually been the route cause of why my relationships won't work out. I have horrible intimacy issues and I get sick at the thought of guys wanting me sexually. I've even begged my doctor to give me a mastectomy. Then maybe guys wouldn't look at that first. I just feel so alone even though I know there are people who had such worse experiences than mine.... I'm not sure why I can't get over mine though.... I keep pushing it back and hiding it and it won't go away. I try to forget and it hurts me in the end......  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 pm
you almost awnsered your own question there:

"I keep pushing it back and hiding it and it won't go away"

you don't run from problems, you face them  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

LuvsTheWolf

Tiny Werewolf

11,575 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 pm
Sweet Vi
How long does it take to get over sexual abuse? For a long time it didn't really bother me and now it feels like it has actually been the route cause of why my relationships won't work out. I have horrible intimacy issues and I get sick at the thought of guys wanting me sexually. I've even begged my doctor to give me a mastectomy. Then maybe guys wouldn't look at that first. I just feel so alone even though I know there are people who had such worse experiences than mine.... I'm not sure why I can't get over mine though.... I keep pushing it back and hiding it and it won't go away. I try to forget and it hurts me in the end......

I have been through the same similar thing, It has taken me a long time to come to terms with things that happened and face them but, I have realized instead of hiding away and hiding the things that happened I had to do the hardest thing and face them head on It may be painful at first to somewhat relive those things but in the end actually talking about may really help.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:47 pm
Pent and Ten
you almost awnsered your own question there:

"I keep pushing it back and hiding it and it won't go away"

you don't run from problems, you face them
This. You can't run from something like this forever; you have to face it and work through it. That process can be straining and hard to get through, but you'll have less to worry about once you get past it.

You probably won't ever recover completely (few abused people do no matter the type), but you can work towards getting better able to manage it. You can get that help through counseling and/or a support network. It's easier if you have both, but you should only -need- one.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers