Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
So something...amazing? Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamingSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 am
So, I promised myself I wouldn't ramble about this, but blocking it seems to have failed.

There's a guy i've had feelings for for a long time...by a long time, I mean, i've known him since I was twelve ((nearly 20 now)). He used to be a close friend of my older brother's up until a few years ago when they began to grow apart. I've never known what his thoughts about me were, nor am I the type to outwardly voice mine, as in person I am horrendously shy.

Well, the other night he invited myself and two other friends out bowling. We all had a wonderful time, enjoyed eachother's company, and afterwards went to his place to watch movies. Well, that 'movie watching night' turned into all of us passing out from sleep after half of a movie...

Ahhh~Now for the heart skipping, pulse thundering, soul melting bits of the tale...When I woke throughout the night, his arms were around me, every once in a while he would stroke my hair, cover my shoulders, and at one point, he leaned down to brush the corner of my lips with his own. My heart officially exploded from impact...

Well, the next morning, and all seemed normal once more. Neither of us mentioned anything, nor did he act strangely at all. I wound up later on confessing my ever growing feelings for him, and he neither accepted nor rejected me, saying I should spend more time with him and we should go out more and such.

So, perhaps i'm being silly either way, but I suppose in conclusion, I would like to say my concern. He was close friends with my brother, and its' still difficult for me to break from my shyness around him. Is there possible hope for this, and possible hope for him to think of me as any more than his friends' little brother?

I would love to hear opinions.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 am
Oooh, la, la.

Sounds bad he didn't give you a direct answer to your confession. If I were you, I'd be majorly pissed and confused, right about now. But maybe he's not sure what to make of it.

It's very possible to get over your shyness with him but not sure if there is hope for you two to ever be more than friends. Maybe there is, since he didn't really deny anything but than again, because he didn't accept anything, either, maybe there isn't hope?

Why am I posting? I'm no good with advice. Just liked reading the little "ooh, la, la" moment. -shrug-  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 pm
It's possible he isn't sure what to make of this yet. He may be just as shy as you are about this, so I don't think you can entirely throw away the possibility. I'd say spend more time with him as he suggested and see where it goes.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:51 pm
I have a quick question:
I thought you said every one passed out, was he doing this in his sleep?
ANYWAYS yes, it sounds like he likes you. But spend more time to get to know him, guys aren't always as they seem to be.

trichodezia

Illuminated Spirit

DreamingSilverfox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm
Puff_the_magic_dragon_154
I have a quick question:
I thought you said every one passed out, was he doing this in his sleep?
ANYWAYS yes, it sounds like he likes you. But spend more time to get to know him, guys aren't always as they seem to be.

My first instinct was to assume he was merely sleeping, but I suppose without fully bringing it up there isn't much I can conclude about that specific night. I've been going out with him nearly every night, but my ridiculous shyness still stops me from interacting as I would like to. I mentioned that I had feelings for him, and neither was accepted nor turned down, as he simply said he wanted to spend more time with me. Still difficult to figure out, but I am trying to open up to him and have him open up to me in turn.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm
He likes you, he wants to get to know you better. It'll be good for you, because you'll slowly become more comfortable around him, and your shyness will disappear.  

MagicalFlutes

Miss Improper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm
I have to agree with what everyone else has said so far. And I have to say, that story kind of melted my heart. ;u;
Im such a softy.. ;~;  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:26 am
In my opinion, I believe that he might have some feelings there towards you, but he might be confused about his sexuality, or afraid of what your brother will think if you both were to engage in an open relationship.

If I were you, I would invite him out for coffee or something and talk to him in private. You know let him know what he did when he slept over and see what's up with his feelings.

I don't want to say there might not be something there for you guys or there is because you always have to be careful about these sort of things, just take things slow so you wont get hurt, but definitely try talking to him one more time so that everything can be be out in the open, and so you wont waste your time. smile Wish you the best of luck.  

Miranda60

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sai-chibitalia

Rainbow Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:41 pm
DreamingSilverfox
So, I promised myself I wouldn't ramble about this, but blocking it seems to have failed.

There's a guy i've had feelings for for a long time...by a long time, I mean, i've known him since I was twelve ((nearly 20 now)). He used to be a close friend of my older brother's up until a few years ago when they began to grow apart. I've never known what his thoughts about me were, nor am I the type to outwardly voice mine, as in person I am horrendously shy.

Well, the other night he invited myself and two other friends out bowling. We all had a wonderful time, enjoyed eachother's company, and afterwards went to his place to watch movies. Well, that 'movie watching night' turned into all of us passing out from sleep after half of a movie...

Ahhh~Now for the heart skipping, pulse thundering, soul melting bits of the tale...When I woke throughout the night, his arms were around me, every once in a while he would stroke my hair, cover my shoulders, and at one point, he leaned down to brush the corner of my lips with his own. My heart officially exploded from impact...

Well, the next morning, and all seemed normal once more. Neither of us mentioned anything, nor did he act strangely at all. I wound up later on confessing my ever growing feelings for him, and he neither accepted nor rejected me, saying I should spend more time with him and we should go out more and such.

So, perhaps i'm being silly either way, but I suppose in conclusion, I would like to say my concern. He was close friends with my brother, and its' still difficult for me to break from my shyness around him. Is there possible hope for this, and possible hope for him to think of me as any more than his friends' little brother?

I would love to hear opinions.

This is such an awesome story. The perfect plot for a shoujo manga. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:35 pm
o.O I'm pretty sure, months later, that this might have been figured out --- but out of curiosity whatever happened?  

FauxZombie

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff