Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Empty Classrooms Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji grinned as he skipped into the empty classroom. He had been having fun wandering about the school again. Though this was the first time he had been in this part of the castle. There was just sooooo much to see! He hoped the map he was sketching in his spare time would help Shiro when he got here next year.

Eiji paused and stared. "Hey!" He exclaimed. "I know most you all!" Eiji then let out a bark of laughter. "Alright or wha? You guys mitching?"

OOC: So I've been apparently quoted here. Lol! So hi!

When | Fall 2042
Where | Empty Classroom
With | ?
Feeling | Adventurous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Empty Classroom
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Amber Lochlier
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Homework... and more?
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What the hell just happened?

Will was still mildly perturbed by this whole "girlfriend" situation he'd found himself in. Sure, Amber was sweet, if a bit forward with her emotions. He was starting to get comfortable with kisses and snuggles, though he was still struggling with being show-y in public. He had no problem telling people they were dating, nor did he have issue with the dating in general. In fact, they'd been on a few real dates to Hogsmeade, but it was still surreal to Will. Perhaps it was due to his parents, but by lord he'd never tell Amber that. She teased him about his "issues" enough as it were. Then again, she thought it hilarious to swipe books out of his hands in order to gain his attention, even when he was listening to her... and browsing whichever comic he had in possession.

It had been a weird school year, not only about Amber, but he realized he'd been slower and slower to post letters to his dad. It wasn't until Winter break he realized he hadn't even told his dad about his girlfriend. For some reason, call it independence or maturity or stubbornness... or whatever, he carried on with not telling. He did, however, tell Niall, questioning if he was normal and all. Luckily, he was told it was all part of growing up. Fantastic.

Once back at school, he'd given Amber her Christmas gift (a nice book set he figured she'd like), and he got one in return. Except his was a bracelet. Not exactly feminine, but certainly something he wouldn't wear. Awkward thanks were exchanged, but the blonde simply didn't know what to do. He'd never exactly gotten jewelry as a gift before. He figured since he had no plans on wearing the sparkly gold chain, he'd simply put it in his trunk, probably to join the collection of other forgotten trinkets at the bottom. Unfortunately, every time he saw Amber, she commented on his not wearing it, which just confused the boy. Wasn't it like the itchy sweater he'd gotten from his grandparents? Just say thanks, then hide all evidence of the awful (and weird) gift? Apparently not, since it seemed to really upset the girl.

On one of his days off from both classes and quidditch, Will had decided to use his time to study. He'd gone to one of the unused classrooms and sat in the floor, open textbooks forming a circle around him. Assignments and notes were scattered around and in between books. He was writing for Defense when he heard a voice break the silence. "There you are, Will! I've been looking everywhere for you! Why are you studying instead of spending the day with me?" Blue eyes looked up to see Amber standing there, hands on her hips. "Well... I have homework to do. And studying too, since I've got exams to pass. Plus I didn't know you wanted to do stuff." He shrugged, not seeing the big deal. It wasn't like he was required to spend every waking moment with the girl. "It's implied, duh. That's the point of dating. Plus you get to spend time with me. You make it sound like a chore, rather than a gift, which it is."

Will blinked at the girl, confusion evident. Apparently he was supposed to spend every minute with her. Oops. "Well... I didn't know. But I do need to get work done, so I guess you can join me, if you want. If not, that's cool." He turned his attention back to his essay, thinking that was surely the end of the conversation. "Excuse me? You guess I can join you? Do you not even know what love is? I mean, clearly not, what with your mommy-issues, but still, you'd think you'd have a brain.. or at least a libido." Will had to grind his teeth to avoid escalating the situation at his supposed mommy-issues, but he managed not to say anything. He also knew that whatever their relationship was, love wasn't involved... at least on his end. He had quite hoped it would get there, but honestly the whole thing seemed rather tedious. He did, however, blush at the mention of his various urges and such, since puberty was still well in effect. "Come onnnnnnn, Will! We've been dating months now and you won't go beyond light snogging. Let's kick these stupid books out of the way-" She did so, as iff to accentuate her words. Unfortunately, Will was more worried about the now crumpled pages until Amber quite literally dropped into his lap. "Come on! You're what, sixteen-" "Fourteen... almost fifteen..." "Yea, whatever. Close the ******** enough. The point is that you're plenty old enough to stop being a shy little baby and.... y'know... become a man." With that, she winked and moved in for a snog. After a few seconds (and her hands roving dangerously low), Will grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back. "N-no, Amber. I'm not... ready for that stuff." His voice was softer, almost humbled, but she didn't seem to care. Instead, she pushed him hard and stood, skirt swishing around her thighs as she moved. "Uch, whatever. Have fun being a little ******** kid forever, because for damn sure no one else wants you sexually. Or otherwise, you're too much of a baby." With that, she flounced out, leaving behind a very, very confused Will. All he had wanted to do was homework, and now he was just sitting on the floor with a crumpled uniform and conflicted feelings. Stupid girls.

Tʜɪs ɪs ᴛᴇɴ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ ʟᴜᴄᴋ, ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ sᴋɪʟʟ, ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴡɪʟʟ
Fɪᴠᴇ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ, ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ʜᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴡʜᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴄ
Hᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟs sᴏ ᴜɴʟɪᴋᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴇʟsᴇ, ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ sᴘɪᴛᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍ
Bᴜᴛ ꜰᴜᴄᴋ 'ᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴅᴇ, ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀʟᴀʀʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇ ɴᴏɪsᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:10 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

“What’s the point?” Sonora set her wand down and sank to her knees, leaving the target she’d drawn on the wall without a sparring partner.

She wrapped her arms around her shoulders and stared at her notes again--spells, strategies. Why did it matter how much she practiced if she couldn’t actually hold her own--if she couldn’t do anything in an actual fight? All the stories about breaking curses on secret houses in the woods, in crypts and underground--and she couldn’t fend off a single werewolf? Sonora stared at her notes for dueling club--spells, strategies-- but in front of the wolf…she’d panicked in the face of the wolf. What was the point of practicing for a fight if everything went out the window when she actually needed it?

Trees. Woods. Banter.
Wolf. Blood. Screams.
Lumos. Stupefy. Waddiwasi.

Everte Statum. Basic dueling spell. Would have been super useful at any point in that encounter. She hadn’t even remembered it. Even Rictusempra or Tarantallegra might have done something. She and Ves had practiced those extensively, to many giggles. Didn’t matter. Why hadn’t she tried the Aguamenti-Glacius set? Wundus Healiom. Thank goodness Jonah had remembered that spell. She certainly hadn’t. She’d just stared at all the blood and started sputtering incoherently once Ms. Vasilisa had given them opportunity to run.

Sona had cast probably five spells that night, but barely one of them did anything. She was alive because Jonah had knocked Mr. Lock away—wandless! They’d gotten away because Ms. Vasilisa had saved them. She supposedly had two years of dueling under her belt, but if she couldn’t land a hit, nothing would matter.

Sonora wiped her tears away. This kind of thinking wasn’t helping. She’d been down this train of thought before. There was nothing she could have done about the wolf pouncing on Rion. But Jonah--he’d only gotten so hurt because she hadn’t been able to do anything but panic and stare in the face of danger. She simply had to be be more familiar with her spells. Know how to use them. Aim them accurately. Ready to use them. If it ever happened again--It won’t happen again. Because next time I'll be ready.

Waddiwasi was probably the only thing she’d done effectively that battle. Made sense. She used it on a near-daily basis, as much as she used fervens aeris to dry her hair. Practice. It had worked because she had been practiced with it. She was familiar with how it worked, how it played into other spells, how to control it precisely. Last year she had focused on practicing and mastering her spells so she would know how they worked in any given situation. This year it was time to stop waiting for the best situation set itself up and start setting them up for herself.

Was it enough? Waddawasi-Fallomeles hadn’t worked. She had thought through the transfiguration through more thoroughly afterwards. Panic made for poor concentration. A rock was probably insufficient material for a badger transfiguration. Maybe the log would have worked. But Waddiwasi wasn’t as effective on large objects. Depulso--Fallomeles. Waddiwasi-Fallorodenta. Even Wingardium Leviosa could work in a pinch. Engorgio. There. Now she could do this anywhere, so long as she kept a charm or something with her. This was exactly the problem-- She had taken too long to strategize. It was the same reason she still couldn’t beat Cassidy, and it was the same reason she’s just stared at Lock that night. If she had a reliable set of spells that she knew how to string together-- a flexible strategy going in as it were...maybe it could have at least shaved off a few seconds of her inaction.

Sonora pulled her wand to her and held it close, focusing on something happier: The night after the werewolf, curled up next to Jonah. She’d whispered reassurance that Rion was okay, Jonah joked that the neighbor’s cat had scratched him up much worse. And Rion was okay. Changed, but...alive. That was...okay, right? Presently, her wand let out a little glimmer of light and warmth, as though in comfort. She smiled a little. She couldn’t imagine what it would be like to lose her wand that night as well. At least she still had her wand. At least Rion had come out alive. Thank heavens Jonah had been there.

Another shimmer redirected her attention and she shook off the spiraling thoughts like they were a coat of dust that had been hanging over her. This was a lucky weekend without too much homework or studying yet. She had to practice while she could. Sonora forced herself to her feet, took a deep breath and straightened her stance. Wand, at the ready. Deep breath, steady arm. “Waddiwasi. Engorgio. Fallo--.”

The teacup crashed into the wall target, still small. ”Reparo. Accio teacup.”

She barely snagged the teacup before it hit her, but at least she was getting Accio practice as well. Once again. ”Waddiwasi. Engorgio. Fallomeles.”

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sona
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? xNot Sure Yet...
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she's okay

Kam was headed down the hall to find a quieter place to study. Apparently the library was where people who wanted to chat with their friends all went. He grumbled as he walked, annoyed about the day. He stopped suddenly when he heard someone speak. It was quiet, maybe one or two words... with no reply. What was going on? He walked quieter, peeking into the empty room. Inside, he was shocked to see Sona practicing spells. A frown slid onto his face, the boy watching his friend. She seemed... tired and perhaps stressed.

Gathering up his courage, Kam stepped into the room. "Sona? A-are you okay?" He walked over, a concerned expression dawning over him. It was then he realized just how long she'd been gone. "Sona, you missed dinner. Are... you hungry?" He reached out, gently setting a hand on her shoulder. His stupid hormones swirled up and he felt a little blush rolling on. He did, however, have a thought of taking Sona to the kitchens for a small, secret meal. It would be fun, if nothing else...

addaellis

I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙɪɢ, ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ɪs ꜰᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
I ᴀᴍ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴀᴍ ꜰʀᴇᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇᴀᴋ
I ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴜᴛ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ, sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ
Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ? Aʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ? Hᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴇs ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟ?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:58 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

At first it was just practice, but after a few hours, Sonora was distracted. The pervading sense of hurt and loneliness was back, seeping into the grim determination of practice. She didn’t understand it. Usually this would be a thing to bring to Jonah about. But after the train and opening feast, Jonah seemed to be back to short replies. As long as he was happy though, then she could bear with it—and Iggy was doing that marvelously. She’d hoped that she would at least be privy to the gossip of knowing who her best friend liked before they were together or some cute details about their relationship, but...well, maybe she had just been oblivious and a sucky friend last year and she was paying for that this year.

Vinny has Aeryn now. Jonah and Iggy have each other, Ves has “other friends”, August has homework and writing. Kam? Kam seemed upset lately. But maybe he wouldn’t mind if they were upset together? It wouldn’t hurt to ask! If nothing else, it would distract her for a while as she focused on finding him. And she could ask what he was doing in Alchemy!

No. If she had time to be asking about Alchemy, then she had time to practice for a class she was actually in. With a long sigh, Sona set her things back around the desk. Later then.

Sonora took a few deep breaths, imagined a sunny day nestled in her hammock. A blanket, a novel, J--Focus. She practiced transfiguring the chair into a goose a few times before before returning to mid-flight transfigurations. ”Waddiwasi. Engorgio. Fa--.”

She sighed again, staring frustratedly at the giant broken teacup. Before she could repair it, the door opened.

“Kam!” Sonora lit up--a little tiredly, and then with renewed effort. He had caught on anyways and when he asked if she was okay, she resigned herself to a sad smile. Had she missed dinner? Sona blinked at him. She hadn’t been hungry? But now that she thought about it, food sounded incredible.”Now that you mention it...yes?” She repaired and shrunk the teacup, then started packing her bag up for the night, wondering how much time was left before curfew. Maybe the first year foodie would have a fruit still?

But if she went back to the Ravenclaw dorms she'd just be reminded of late night study sessions that used to-- She cut her thinking off, her voice small. “Kam? Please hang out with me? I’ve been sad and happy at the same time, can’t figure it out, and studying or practicing aren’t working anymore.”

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:26 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking

Kam sent a small, worried grin over to Sona when she noticed him. He'd asked if she was okay, and he wasn't too tired to notice she hadn't replied to it. She did, however, say she was hungry, and that was a problem he could remedy. "No problem, I can get us into the kitchen so we can eat a late dinner. Probably dessert too." He watched as she repaired a teacup and put it in her bag, wondering what she had been up to.

After a few silent seconds, Sona spoke, but her voice was small, almost broken. Kam nodded, feeling his mental anguish swirl around with hers. He stepped forward, wrapping his arms around his friend. He figured a nice hug would be beneficial for both of them. "I know that feeling. Don't worry, I'm here for you." Finally, he felt that someone else felt as scared and as upset as him.... but that fact made his heart hurt. He didn't want Sona, or any of his friends, feeling as low as he had been lately. Then again, it was Sona who came to his rescue after the big fight with Iggy.... "We can talk all night if you need to. I-I don't care about curfew if you're in need. And... maybe we can hang out tomorrow too? A-after classes."

That part hadn't been supposed to come out. Oops. He bit his lip, dark eyes looking over at Sona for any sort of clue on if he said something wrong. Hopefully, he hadn't just screwed the pooch. "So, um... what's the matter? You haven't been yourself ever since.... well, last summer." His eyes held concern, the boy worried about his best friend. He hoped he could open up her emotions and they could both vent. After all, he'd been keeping his feelings cooped up for far too long, and surely the emotions were eating away at Sona just the same way they were doing with him.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:52 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sona hadn’t thought of heading to the kitchen for food--did they have hours of operation? She’d only been down there to get food for the occasional picnic. But Kam would know better so she nodded-- dessert sounded incredible.

Kam wrapped her in a hug when she asked to hang out with and she returned the hug, grateful for the company. He seemed to immediately understand her feelings and offered to talk all night. Hopefully she didn’t actually need all night, but it was really touching to know he was willing to if it came down to it. ”Thank you.” He offered to hang out after classes the next day and it took Sona a moment to remember that Kam had classes on Monday morning. ”After class would be wonderful,” Sona agreed, brightening in anticipation. She squeezed Kam tight for a moment before pulling away to grab her things.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder and tucking her wand away, Sonora nodded to head out. Kam soon asked what had happened, even pinpointing when things had started. The werewolf attack--well, Sona felt it wasn’t her story to tell to anyone outside of family. It was probably also why Vespera felt more distant this year. Evidently there was no getting things by Kam though. At least he had asked what the matter was, not what had happened. That much she could answer: ”I’ve been very distracted lately,” she replied honestly after a moment to consider. ”One moment I’m cheerful and happy and everything seems perfect, and then the next I’m sad and lonely and...it hurts. I'm usually okay being alone, but now it just feels...bad. It's better when there’re people around, but sometimes they’re right there and it still feels like we’re further than ever.

Somewhere in that thought she'd trailed off from people in general to specific friends, but Sona hardly made the distinction--her friends and family were basically her world. "That. Feeling so far away even though they're right there. That hurts. Everyone’s going through things and I don’t know what to do.” She paused. ”It makes me feel helpless in a different way. Not just at dueling, but helpless still.

"And half of it’s just being frustrated with classes again,”
Sona mused. She probably shouldn’t be complaining about classes to Kam who was now doing more--no no, that just meant he’d best understand, right? ”I dropped what feels like half my classes from last year but it just feels like what’s still there got a bunch harder this year.”

There. She’d gotten that far on her own during her morning walks--at least she was actually doing those this year. Usually they were enough to figure out what was going on, how she was feeling, and make a plan to do something about it. But evidently holing up to study and practice wasn't the answer.

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Talking

Kam ran a hand nervously through his messy blonde hair, feeling a bit guilty that he was having weird, crush-related thoughts when Sona was in genuine need for a friend. She thanked him and he sent a small smile, one that seemed almost shy. He hadn't really had much chance to focus on his own happiness, despite spending time away from the one he'd been certain was causing his unhappiness. Maybe he needed to recalculate his emotions. When she agreed to after class, he grinned a bit more. "That sounds great. We can meet in the study section of the library? At the little table in the corner where we sat last time." He nodded, remembering their last study session.

He watched her grab her bag and he pulled his own book closer to his chest, exhaling softly. Sona spoke about her feelings, the words resonating deep in Kam's soul. Distracted, mood swings, loneliness.... "That's the worst. I hate when you're with everyone, with all the people you love.... but you're so lonely. It... it feels like you're invisible to the world." He sighed softly, wondering if there was something better to say. Instead he dropped his head, trying to think of anything, anything to add to the conversation that might make Sona feel better.

After a few seconds, she spoke again, adding that everything made her feel helpless. "Well, if nothing else, I'll be here for you. We can be lonely... together." At that, he sent her a small chuckle and a little grin. "And for classes.... I get it. I'm in too many classes that make my head spin. I mean... They're great and all, but honestly I'm only in all of them for the distraction. I can't be constantly compared to Iggy if none of my teachers are his." With that, he sighed heavily. It was true he'd been avoiding his brother at every turn. It was sad that pretty much everyone else was so tired of the twins being at war. Hell, Kam was stressed about his constantly keeping up the angry facade. He tugged on his hair, huffing about his own feelings. Luckily, he had Sona to be with.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

“Perfect,” Sona replied when Kam mentioned the corner of the study area that she was starting to think of as “her” corner. Instead of home though, it made her miss the days of curled up on the couch in the Ravenclaw Common Room. Or even outside in the Clocktower Courtyard or with a hammock strung up somewhere. But the study area is easier for study parties, she reminded herself, and that was the end of that.

She listened quietly as Kam validated her feelings, nodding along and grateful he was so understanding. She paused, going back to when he said it was like being invisible. She had thought it felt more like a canyon of fog, obscuring the bridge between people-- not being able to see each other maybe, being further in distance from each other, but at least the bridge was still there. Being invisible to the world--for them to just not be there, that… probably felt worse, she suspected. But it also fundamentally worked. Maybe that was why Jonah hadn’t talked to her properly-- maybe he was used to her not seeing him. She was so used to him just knowing how to cheer her up that...maybe she had to speak up clearly. If anything, it directly confronted the invisibility-- Invisible things making noise could definitely be detected.

Sona reached out to squeeze Kam’s shoulder a little, partially for her own comfort, partially because he seemed...to feel what he was saying deeply. ”The invisibility…. Maybe...we just have to speak up clearly... Or do what Peeves does and block the entire hall with something so it’s impossible for them to not see us?” she whispered quietly. ”And you’re right. If we’re alone together, then that’s not really alone, is it?” she said with a small smile. A few lines later, Sona nodded again, agreeing fervently. So many classes that it made her head spin was a perfect way to think of year three. And Kam was still facing that. But he was right--classes were an excellent distraction.

”I’m fairly sure people can only compare you on appearance, and now not even that,” she murmured quietly when Kam brought up being compared to Iggy. She was still a little disappointed in herself for not being able to tell the twins apart last year, but as a matter of principle, she had let it go after the Magizoology Festival. The important thing was helping them reconcile, or helping them feel better. She’d thought they seemed pretty friendly at the Festival, but...well, evidently Sona didn’t have much to say about her observational skills over the last few year.

She shifted the focus to next steps and analysis. It seemed like the invisibility, as Kam put it, was the problem feeling for both of them. There was the distraction element--which she realized that just because she’d dropped her classes didn’t mean she couldn’t do a deeper dive on her existing projects. ”Okay. Then my distraction will be transfiguration. I’m going to figure out transfiguration for dueling purposes and then study Animagus theory.” Or look up cursebreaking books! If she started studying where the crypts and castles were now, she’d be better prepared when she graduated right?

Miss GryffindorK

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Third YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick was confused to say the least. Why had Lizzie sent him an OWL telling him they needed to meet in a spare classroom. She could have told him in person, they saw each other in some classes and at meals, and the common room for that matter. She was probably planning some weird prank again, or ran out of art supplies, or maybe she wanted to profess her undying love to him... nah not the last one. He sighed and pulled up a chair and waited for her arrival, opening a text book to study on his own, couldn't let August get ahead of him. “Elizabeth Spektor, just like you to be running late when you’re the one who set up this meeting.”

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Spare room
With Whom: No one Yet
Thinking about: She better not blow me off
Aldrick Description: 5'2" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School issues uniform shirt, partially unbuttoned; uniform pants and shoes.

Trickblues

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor + Rhea Allison Lane

Pureblood | Third Year Gryffindor | Thirteen Years Old
Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old

» Spring 2046 » Empty Classroom » With: Aldrick and Aidene
» Lizzie's Status:
Plans foiled. This is fine. » Rhea's Status: Just finals to go and then SUMMER!!

═════════════════════════════════════════════

If anyone would have told Lizzie Spektor last September that she’d be playing “Mom Friend” to a bunch of first year lassies, she’d have called them right loony and laughed it off. This was before Auggie had gotten her involved in the tutelage of one Rhea Lane, and by extension, her little group of friends. Now that she was involved? She wouldn’t admit it to anyone, but she adored the girls. It was like having a group of baby sisters—ones that she could fortunately get away from when she needed some alone time, since only one of the four managed to be in her house.
She supposed that was why, when Rhea had so excitedly asked to tag along to show Rickie the results of their practice sessions, Lizzie couldn’t find herself capable of saying no. Sure, she had hoped to get him alone for a bit to talk about recent thoughts, but… There was always later so long as she didn’t lose her nerve.

Of course Aidene had been close enough to hear mention of studying, and with finals being near and panic setting in amongst the first years, it appeared they were now having a study party. It was as if the spirit of August Li himself had decided to rain down the punishment of knowledge from the sanctuary of the library above. Elizabeth vowed revenge.

The Gryffindor grinned as she walked in to Aldrick’s greeting, girls in tow. “What can I say, Rickie? I’m in popular demand today.” Bag tossed haphazardly to one of the empty chairs, she hopped right up onto Aldrick’s desk and snatched the book out of his hands to flip through herself. “What d’we ‘ave ‘ere? Quick cram session, is it? Such dedication, Rickie. Our Auggie would be so proud.”

“Perfect, ‘cause cramming's exactly why we’re here. Right, Aidene?” Rhea chimed as she unpacked her bag of her wand and a teacup. Practically bouncing to the other side of the room, she aimed to cast from a distance. “Look, Aldrick! I’ve been practicing really hard on this one. Fallorodenta!” The light shot from her wand and hit the cup, causing the object to transform into a gerbil. Sure, she was still struggling a bit with her charms, but at least her transfiguration was on point. She'd been practicing that one for weeks! “Reparifarge.”

OOC:
AGAIN SORRY IT TOOK A THOUSAND YEARS.
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing Club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

With the end of the year closing in on them, Aidene was realizing very quickly how much studying she’d put off. So for the last week, she’d spent any kitchen downtime furiously parsing through her messy notes or trying to get through her textbooks, cramming as much as possible into her head.

Thankfully, she overheard Spectre Lizzie organizing a study party, complete with tutoring--great! Just because she had to study didn’t mean it couldn’t be fun! ”Cram Party!” she agreed with Rhea, setting her cookie tin on a desk. ”I brought thank-you snacks,” she said, revealing the assortment of cookies she’d baked last night while reviewing Astronomy.

”Auggie? Month-Bo--I mean uhm, August isn’t going to be here today, is he?” Aidene had asked him for help in History once and...well...his explanation of the Statute of Secrecy had been wonderfully informative and quite sufficient, but she had also gotten recommendations for three books of “supplemental information for light reading” that Aidene kinda hadn’t gotten through yet. Any of them. At all. She had spent exactly sixty minutes in a “good faith effort” skimming chapter titles and flipping through pictures before deciding she was going to...avoid filling her side quest log with "superfluous information for heavy reading".

Rhea showed off her transfiguration and Aidene clapped with support. She’d some inkling that Rhea hadn’t been thrilled to be doing magic earlier in the year--Well look at her now, turning teacups into rodents!

”Nice! My turn!” Not to be entirely outdone, Aidene pointed her wand at the newly un-gerbil-fied teacup and sent it flying with a ”Flipendo!”

She left it for the Golden Gremlin to catch--with his hands or face-- and then stared at the books on the desks. If she thought about it in game terms: ”So I’m pretty sure I’m above the recommended level in DADA, and I should be able to pass any skill checks for Charms and Astronomy. Everything else...help?”

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:14 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Third YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick looked up as Lizzie and the two first years came in, he wondered why Brook wasn't with them, but realized she was probably eating somewhere and didn't want to see her older brother. When Lizzie mentioned how proud August would be Aldrick sighed, "If it wasn't for that t**t, I wouldn't HAVE to study. He brings up points that are mentioned in the reference notes of the text books! If I want a shot of beating him, I have to know my stuff. The guy should have been a Ravenclaw."

Aldrick smiled at Rhea when she successfully transformed the gerbil, he remembered her struggling with magic, and even being afraid of magic. She had definately come a long ways. A small bit of pride rose in him, he was so proud of what she had accomplished this year, she would be a fine witch yet, potentially one of the best there were. Aidene asked if August was going to show up and Aldrick laughed, "August is probably studying next year's work already prepared for the exams. He won't be here. I feel if you girls are anything like Elizabeth here was her first year, you'll probably be needing lessons in the practical portion of classes. I trust you can read your notes on your own to get through the written portions."

Aldrick waved his wand in an arc when Aidene cast the teacup toward him with her spell, "depulso." The tea cup went flying away from him, and smashed against the wall. Too bad, no more tea in that cup.... or maybe a new learning lesson.

"I think we best start with charms, that's what you need help with, right Rhea? Lesson one: Never cast a charm at an object ,for it to then go flying toward another person. Unless you're dueling. In which case, throw as many objects as you like." He was glad at least it wasn't a gerbil that was flying around the room, but these girls needed to be careful with things they were casting at others. Although, maybe that would be ideal for them, they wouldn't be hurt by any lingering strangers.

"First, let's get that tea cup back in order so Aidene can work on transfiguration. Rhea, calmly think of that tea cup back together for reparo, and then cast it. Forget about what the broken thing looks like, it'll potentially upset you enough to not be able to fix it. And if you can't fix what's broken... well that's just not the point is it?" He stood behind Rhea, ready to help her arm movement if she needed it, wanting to help the little duckling however he could. Meanwhile, he tried to rack his mind for what they learned in first year for charms or transfiguration. He wanted to be able to help Aidene just as much as he helped Rhea. Could it have only been 2 years ago he was doing his first year exams?

"Hey Yeti, I sure hope you brought a list of knowledge for the first year exams so we know what to review. You are resonsible enough to do that right?" He smirked at her, before turning his attention back to Rhea.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Spare room
With Whom: Lizzie and her ducklings
Thinking about: How did I get dragged into becoming daddy study duck???
Aldrick Description: 5'2" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School issues uniform shirt, partially unbuttoned; uniform pants and shoes.

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor + Rhea Allison Lane

Pureblood | Third Year Gryffindor | Thirteen Years Old
Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old

» Spring 2046 » Empty Classroom » With: Aldrick and Aidene
» Lizzie's Status:
Hmph » Rhea's Status: That was probably worth at least an Acceptable, right?

“Five points to Ravenclaw!” Elizabeth cheered when Aidene launched a teacup at Aldrick’s face. Alas, the teacup was easily broken. She pouted as porcelain crumbled on the floor. “Well… Almost.”

It was nice, Lizzie supposed, that Aldrick had so easily taken up a role as a mentor for the girls just as she had. It brought out a gentler side that she so rarely got to see. He was an excellent tutor—would make for an even better professor someday, she was sure. Still she had found herself feeling just a bit miffed that he had gone straight into a lesson with hardly a regard towards her beyond complaining about her Auggie. Their plans were to hang out together, not tutor for the afternoon. A little acknowledgement would have been nice.

As Aldrick got into the swing of things, Rhea nodded along to his instructions: only cast at others when dueling. Seemed legit.

Aidene needed the teacup, which left her to repairs. ‘I can do that, right? What was the movement for that one again…?’ It took minimum guidance, and after practicing the movement a couple times she cast “Repairo." Grey lines coated the porcelain, mere scratches amongst the surface, but the cup was certainly in one piece. “Will that do?"

“Might give the rodent some stripes, but I don’t see why not.” Liz replied simply, attention presently directed towards filing her nails. Instinctively, her file was flung at Rickie’s head as the word Yeti dared pass his lips. The question, however, startled her. “Uhh…”

Of course she didn’t bring the list. This hadn’t been her plan, so why would she bring the blasted list? All she had hoped to get out of the day was some laughs, and maybe, just maybe, get her first kiss out of the way. Everyone else seemed to be this year. She just wanted it over with, but clearly she should have chosen a different candidate. Topher, or Rod, or maybe even Xavier. Thoughts for later, she supposed. “I didn’t, but it was just the easy stuff, wasn’t it?” She huffed, pulled a second nail file from her pocket, and got back to it. “Like…. Wingardium Leviosa, and Nox, and… Was Scourgify first year or second?” Were they really in year three of this? All the lessons felt so melded together, it was hard to tell.

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Addaellis

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club seamstress || Adventurer's Guild sorcerer || Cooking Club apprentice
Dueling Club spectator || Fencing Club initiate || Quidditch reserve beater

Aidene felt that she distinctly could not be trusted to read her notes--whether that was because she’d always put it off or because her notes were illegible was another story-- but if it meant avoiding Mr. Even More Reading crashing the Cram Party, then she could... not mention that.

She was a little disappointed Aldrick simply banished the teacup, but Lizzie awarded her five points, so that worked out. Aldrick’s first rule was also disappointing, but he had a point. Plus, she’d seen how quickly the cup she’d sent went flying away. She did not want to be on the receiving end of that spell. Not yet anyways.

With a polite little clap for Rhea’s repaired cup, Aidene accepted the cup for her Transfiguration practical. Okay. She’d just seen Rhea do this masterfully. Teacup to gerbil. Teacup to hamster thing. Teacup to Hamtaro. There. She could imagine that hamster better than one of the many critters they’d encountered in Transfiguration. Teacup to Hamtaro. Point and click say. ”Fallorodentia,” she pronounced. The teacup trembled a little and grew years and bright orange fur, but nothing else. Well, that was disappointing. ”Reparifarge,” she whispered sheepishly. The fur and ears faded away, but the teacup remained bright orange and white. She passed the cup back to Rhea. ”Can you do that again?”

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas