Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Owlery Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Owlery is located on the top of the west tower. During the winter months, the tower is very cold, to the point that one has to be careful with ice on the higher landings. A tightly spiralling staircase leads from the bottom of the tower on the seventh floor up to a door leading out onto the battlements.

Hogwarts students are free to borrow one of the school owls to send out letters if they do not have a personal owl. Codes for school owls can be found under the spoiler below.

Irving

User Image

[imgleft]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Cara_MiaKitty/Gaia Online/Hogwarts/e68c0404-e376-439f-a094-bc8a71c92b0f_zpsc7525ed6.jpg[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=20]Irving[/size]
[size=15]Hogwarts School Owl[/size]
[size=11]Currently on loan to STUDENT NAME[/size][/align]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
[color=grey]TEXT TEXT TEXT[/color]

[quote]WRITE YOUR LETTER HERE[/quote]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Fancy

User Image

[imgleft]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Cara_MiaKitty/Gaia Online/Hogwarts/ff4dde4c-ef2f-47a8-8d52-1b0f98d3be43_zps9dc39c30.jpg[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=20]Fancy[/size]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Plato

User Image

[imgleft]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Cara_MiaKitty/Gaia Online/Hogwarts/cdbfd1b3-cad7-4a29-9ed2-b479fe94f948_zps96cc2cbd.jpg[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=20]Plato[/size]

Waffle

User Image

[imgleft]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Cara_MiaKitty/Gaia Online/Hogwarts/c0196431-89c9-468d-bad4-5a487aaee7d0_zpse840df45.jpg[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=20]Waffle[/size]

Euradice

User Image

[imgleft]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t375/Cara_MiaKitty/Gaia Online/Hogwarts/5c2a5823-97d8-4c73-aa36-a8c02a216eed_zps45f5dae7.jpg[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=20]Euradice[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Tyler walked into the Owlery "Starlight" he called. His snowy Owl fluttered down and landed on the window sill closest to him. She hooted. "Hey girl can you bring a letter to Mum and Dad?" he asked her. She hooted and took the letter in her beak. She flew off into the horizon. Tyler watched her fly away and left the Owlery

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

Tamara led Indala up the stairs to the owlery, her arm still around the girl. "I find the open air helps to calm your mind. This is where I came last year when I was crying over Daemon. It helps. So, talk to me."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:37 pm
Indala moved closer to Tamara and let the owelry disgust her, but she let it go almost immediately; to wiped to care.
She was right about the open air, it definitely helped her.
She walked away from Tamara toward one of the open arches, and breathed in the fresh air.
"I...I'm not sure what to say..."

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Tamara crossed her arms and leaned back against the stone pillar, a breeze blowing through her hair. She sighed heavily. "Well, let's start by saying what we already know. Your dad is a stiff. He's Slytherin, and so was just about everyone else in your family. He's a pure-blood supremacist and pretty much evil. You got sorted into Gryffindor. You're friends with half-bloods and so called blood traitors. Oh, and you have a major crush on my brother." She gave the other girl a big smirk. "I'm guessing the howler wasn't your father congratulating you on making it into Gryffindor, eh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm
Indala remained at the arch looking outward listening to Tamara until she mentioned Will.She turned to look at her.
"H..how could you...?" Understanding overtook her.
"Ah, you caught on to that huh? To be honest I haven't really sorted everything out yet, but I think there is definitely something there. It's all jumbled up; everything that I'm thinking and feeling."

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 pm

She pushed off the wall and crossed to Indala, draping her arms around the girl. "Woman's intuition," she said with a smirk. More like psychic, but close enough. "Listen, I know Will pretty well. He's a very understanding guy, which is odd since he's a boy and they're known for irrationality. If you like him, tell him." She let go of Indala and looked out at the setting sun. "It's understandable that your feelings are jumbled. You come from a repressive household to the freedom of Hogwarts and meet Will, whom I know first hand is kinda flashy. Runs in the family."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm
Indala let out a hard breath.

There's a lot more to it than that...

"I don't know Tamara. I really don't want to get you guys caught up in all of my s**t. I hate it! At the same time I find myself constantly looking for Will. His presence..."
She sighed "calms me."

"Ugh!" she leaned on the archway and flung her head down distraught.

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

She caught the girl's thought and sighed heavily, crossing over to lean down next to her. "Tell me. Tell Will. We can help you. No..." she sat up and nodded defiantly. "We want to help you. I can guess Will wants to. He's just as crazy about you. And me, I like you. I see hope in you."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm
Indala looked up slowly and peered at Tamara through the curtain of her hair in her face.

They want to help?

She pushed the hair out of her face. " I'm not sure how you guys would be able to help right now.
There isn't much I can do at this point besides wait it out.
Maybe closer to the end of the year there will be something we can do. I'd really rather not go back home..."

It was then that what she had said about Will hit her, and hope sparked the fluttering within her stomach.

Crazy about ME?

User Image

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Tamara nodded and smiled widely. "Well, you can always come stay with us. I'm sure my parents won't mind. We have a spare bedroom, and neither Daemon nor Lu seem to want to take it. Beside, my room is pretty big, so we could set up a bed in there. Me, you and Lu could have a sleep over. It'll be fun."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 pm
A small smile escaped her.
" Are you sure? I don't want to cause anyone trouble.
I'm not sure how we would be able to pull it off either.
My father always seems to be two steps ahead of me.
I have to admit though that it sounds a hell of a lot better then going back to...that."

A brief image of a dark haired boy about a year older than Indala flashed through her mind.

"Plus, I would love to get to know you guys and your family better."

Her mind quickly switched back to Will.
"How is he? Is he alright?"

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 pm

She caught the image of the boy and furrowed her brow, but when no explanation came, she logged that away as a topic for later discussion. "Then we'll just have to be two steps ahead of him. My dad's the Head Auror at the Ministry. I'm sure he can help. And Will, I don't know. Lu said something to upset him, so now she's up there talking to him. I guess we'll find out when we get back, eh?" She smiled, then turned towards the owl pens. "Wanna meet someone? One of my father's owls. He's currently on loan to us. Baron, my father's Great Grey Owl. He's actually larger than most owls." She pointed to the brown and grey owl sitting on a perch. The owl was quite large, almost 34 inches large.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 pm
Indala nodded, feeling better than she had been in the common room, but not completely. She looked in the direction that Tamara had pointed. There sat the biggest owl she had ever seen, let alone heard of. "Wow he's beautiful. We own a few owls but nothing like that magnificent creature." She sat for a while and took in Baron before turning her attention back to Tamara.

"Hey," she said to get Tamara's attention. "Thank you for the talk. It's helped a lot." She smiled with genuine gratefulness.

I used to talk to mom like this. It's nice to have someone else that is willing to listen.

User Image  

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:54 pm

She sighed happily and nodded. "That's what I'm here for. If you ever need to talk, I'm here to listen. I'm sure that Lu will listen too. We're as close to family as we can get and I look out for my family." She picked up on the girl's thoughts. "You talked about your father a little. What about your mother?"  
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff