Total Votes : 28

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 pm
I know there's already a staff thank you thread. However, it seems to me like we need to do more for our staffers in Soq. They work hard doing breedings, events, and all sorts of fun/good things for us. How can we the customers show our love? Why not staff appreciation month. Now I've been thinking about this for a little while. While I have something in mind as to what could be done to show our appreciation, what do you all suggest? I'd love to see ideas because I think the hard working staff needs more love from us instead of always having to do things (sometimes) without thanks. So.....leave your drama and attitude at the door and leave a suggestion for what we can do to show our love to the staff for a whole month!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:13 pm
I don't know what we could do, but I'm all for it x"D <3  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 pm
. . .what if we just closed everything down for a month? like gave them a break? no customs no breeding's no flaffles just . . .ya know like a little mini vacation?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 am
DemonWingedPoetGirl
. . .what if we just closed everything down for a month? like gave them a break? no customs no breeding's no flaffles just . . .ya know like a little mini vacation?

Sadly, people will just complain and cause them more stress. n_n;

I'm for this idea! I'll try and think of something.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 am
heart Staffers are Love! I wish I had a decent idea to offer you. Perhaps ask what the staffers want on Staffer's Month?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 am
Maybe they could let us do a CYO type of event..except we'd make them as gifts for the staffers instead of for ourselves. they could just be pretty art or turned into Real pets as the staffers wanted I guess..but I know theres some Soq customers out there who could make some really pretty CYO gifts for them and even those that don't color as well..well its the thought that counts.

Of course that would mean Soq would have to make a template available and I don't know if they are willing to do that but theres the plushies and the Quest/Colorist hiring template too.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 am
JetAlmeara
Maybe they could let us do a CYO type of event..except we'd make them as gifts for the staffers instead of for ourselves. they could just be pretty art or turned into Real pets as the staffers wanted I guess..but I know theres some Soq customers out there who could make some really pretty CYO gifts for them and even those that don't color as well..well its the thought that counts.

Of course that would mean Soq would have to make a template available and I don't know if they are willing to do that but theres the plushies and the Quest/Colorist hiring template too.
I do like the idea of that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 am
Well, sort of following along the lines of that idea, what if people drew a picture for them (avi art, soq art, w/e), or wrote haiku or poems or what not? Or maybe we could bombard them with tips with the post tipping or something?

More than just a CYO thing that might mean they'd have to color more things at the end if they didn't want to. *shrug* And that would give even those who don't feel comfortable trying to art something up some options for expressing themselves.  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 am
Got to love the staff! =D They are awsome.

However, I don't believe the store will release a template other than the plushies. Plus we have to remember that the staff do have lots of ways of getting a soq of their own.... so we should try something more imaginative. I also agree with Lolternative that DemonWingedPoetGirl's idea may cause more problems than solutions, the last time I believe there was an official 'break' in the work load for staff was so they could have a catch up month, I also believed that they are on a rota for breedings/customs/freebies so taking a month out would likely throw them off or something.

So my suggestion...... Maybe like a 'kiss-o-gram' sort of thing, were everyone tries to make something for a staff member -so art, or a doodle, or a comic, or something- to do with either them, or their soq, or again whatever, it's NOT about quality but the thought behind it. A lot of the staff members have plot threads so try and plot with them or make a suggestion? After all I know how much I love to see interest in my plots and stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 am
Haisyn Fierra
Well, sort of following along the lines of that idea, what if people drew a picture for them (avi art, soq art, w/e), or wrote haiku or poems or what not? Or maybe we could bombard them with tips with the post tipping or something?

More than just a CYO thing that might mean they'd have to color more things at the end if they didn't want to. *shrug* And that would give even those who don't feel comfortable trying to art something up some options for expressing themselves.
Seems we had the same idea XD though I was slower to post. Hehehe.

So yeah... I agree with this!

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am
Actually - if people were interested - I have a shop that I've retired and still have the templates for - I would be willing to make a cyo available for people who wanted to gift the staff. I can host the psd on mediafire, but here's what I was thinking:

User Image If it's what everyone decides they want to do - let me know and I'll make them available.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm
It makes me sad to say this, but I fear many people wont participate if there isn't something to gain for themselves. :C
BUT. NEVER THE LESS. I WILL PARTICIPATE IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE. D<

-brainstorms- e_e

Yeah, I just like to agree with the kiss-o-gram sort of thing.

OHOHOH. IDEEEA.

-goes to PM maker of this wonderful thread- ;D

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:42 pm
I would love to participate in something like this. <3 Though if it involves coloring I have no means to do anything of the sort right now. x-x  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm
I love all these ideas, though I have to agree about the month off issue.

What if we got shops that we own (if there are shop owners here and I know there are!) to make pets for the staff free of charge. Nothing huge, maybe even just your shop familiars. Color only of course. This could be something the shop owners due while everyone else can get/do art or write something small for them . What do you guys think?  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200