Submit

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:01 pm
So the Build a Soq idea seemed really awesome with everyone but why just have it during Valentines? I think it would be cool if colorists could do that on LS whenever they had a free hour or two. Obviously it wouldn't be as often jam packed into four days like for the event but just...whenever. And the rule would still apply whoever won it had to give it to a friend. Y'know spread the looove <3 Just an idea since everyone seemed to enjoy the concept I thought we should keep it around ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 am
The problem is that unless it's pre-scheduled it wouldn't work - and then you're getting into planning and making it a regular work thing instead of just fun. I think it was alot of fun and I'd love to see it again at future events - but I don't think it could really work as a random thing for colorists to do.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am
It doesn't necessarily have to be scheduled. There were a couple during the event that were very last minute. Whoever's around at the time can play *shrug* Yeah if you try to schedule it, it can lose it's fun value but without scheduling it gives colorists more freedom. Sometimes RL gets in the way and they can't make it on time to things they actually do schedule so it's up to them. The colorists don't even HAVE to do it if they don't want to. I don't see how it wouldn't work unless it's pre-scheduled.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:06 pm
just as a note, mine wasnt really attached to the valentines day one except for semi-sorta, since it was unscheduled: I announced I was doing a livestream, finished a custom, then just did one as a warmup/for entertainment. Word spread quickly about it and it continued to grow as it went on.

Chances are, some colorists will really enjoy doing these, and do them on occasion when finished with all their other work.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

shtrdrngry

Space Pumpkin

24,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 pm
I really enjoyed the BAS LSs, and I think that there're enough people posting or lurking in the thread that at any given time if a colorist said 'Oh hey, BAS on LS time!' there would be plenty of people hopping in.
So I support this idea! =D  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Mind- Totally what I was thinking, just if they had a bit of free time *nodnod*

Gry- My thinking too! You ALWAYS see the lurkers come out when something happens xD  

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:21 pm
I like this idea, too heart It was really fun, and awesome to get a suggestion put on a Soquili heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 pm
I think this is happening year round? Part of the 'freebies' quota of the staff I believe.

HG did one a few days ago for keeps (pokes the blue flutter stally in my sig)  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 am
To expand on what AT said, "Freebies" are now part of colorists' monthly rotation. But not as frequently as customs or breedings ((for every freebie month, we do 2 breedings and 2 custom months).

Colorists are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want for their freebies - from semicustom raffles like many of the colorists have done, to premade soquili giveaways (like I did with my Family RP contest), to random giveaways or games in the thread to more than likely the build-a-soq smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Sabin Duvert
To expand on what AT said, "Freebies" are now part of colorists' monthly rotation. But not as frequently as customs or breedings ((for every freebie month, we do 2 breedings and 2 custom months).

Colorists are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want for their freebies - from semicustom raffles like many of the colorists have done, to premade soquili giveaways (like I did with my Family RP contest), to random giveaways or games in the thread to more than likely the build-a-soq smile

This was the final answer, just for the record.
We decided this, in the meeting, ultimately!

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers