Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerberus0.4

5,900 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am
Alright, it's my senior year (finally) and the biggest issue around this time is college. Where will I go, what will I do? All that jazz. My problem isn't what schools I want to attend, it's what schools my mom wants me to attend. I thought college would be my first adult decision I got to make, not what she got to make. My mom wants me to go off to some university, and I keep telling her that I want to attend a community college and then transfer to a university later on, for economic reasons. To her, it's like a slap in the face. She basically is throwing money in my face cause I've never had a job, saying she'll pay for it and then throwing scholarship applications at me cause 'we can't afford to send you to college.' I hate it. And the university she wants me to go to doesn't have what I wanna master in. I thought it did, but turns out it doesn't. That's why I changed my mind, but she's made up her mind about what applications I fill out.

I wanna tell her it's not fair that she's pushing me to do this stuff when my dreams are elsewhere, but I don't know how to do so without having a big backlash that might end in me being kicked out of the house. My step mother supports me with my decision, and even my father, but I don't understand why she doesn't when I've lived with her all my life.

I need help.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am
Deciding which college to go to is a big decision, and it should be your decision to make. You need to make sure that you mom understands that you're not a child anymore, and this is something that you need to decide.

I am currently attending a community college, and I am going to transfer to a larger university after another year. It is a smart thing to do. It saves a lot of money, and it doesn't matter where you go first. What will be on your degree will be where you transfer to. So it really is a good idea to go to a smaller college first. There is no reason for you to need to go to a large university right away. You should make sure you mom understands that. 3nodding  

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items