Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
This feels like a re-introduction for some reason...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 pm
It’s been a while..
I sort of just, stopped logging in and so, obviously, with not coming to Gaia, I wasn’t coming here.

There’s a bit to tell:

I went to Sydney twice (once in late January with my grandmother, and again last week with my mum and cousin). It was pretty and a nice change in scenery (a lot more hills and people living in cute apartments, whereas that’s only in the richer suburbs here) but it smelt a lot like piss, which was a bit of a downer.

My cousin come over from Chile and stayed with us from around the 20th of January until this Monday, so she was here for about a month, we did a lot of adventuring here in Melbourne and took her to Sydney last week.

I think that the long breaks (4 months and counting!) from uni finally caught up with me and so I’m rather anxious to go back next week so I can have something to do and think about and stuff. I’ve finally started working towards getting my Learners permit (three years later, I could be driving on my own by now, but I was busy doing other things when I was 16 – that’s what I say, anyway, and I suppose I was overseas, so I couldn’t really physically take the test...)

I lost weight, and then put it back on. Not a lot, but it’s counterproductive in the whole ‘health’ side of things.

A friend of mine moved and she now lives even closer to me (she moved to Melbourne in year 12, which is when we met, and for the past two years, she’s not lived more than 15 minutes (walking) from my house, now she’s a few blocks away and it takes, like, five to get there) and she’s having a house warming on Friday. I’m a bit nervous about going, mainly because I put on a s**t-load of weight last year and I will be seeing a lot of people from high school for the first time since early last year and friends I’ve not been since my own birthday in October, and ten kilos shows in the face. I wasn't tiny during high school, but I'm a lot bigger now.

Last night I went to the event organising meeting thing I do and we started planning this year’s events. We are finally doing a Halloween gig ( I push it every year and it nothing to do with me wanting a gig on my birthday at all... ninja ) As well as battle of the bands, skate comps and stuff. We’re also doing a lot more training stuff, like, next week we’re going to a radio station and doing stuff there, which is perfect for me, seeing as I want to get into music writing/reviewing and such.

I made some posters for our battle of the bands last night using School of Rock pictures with comic book style editing, so they look pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Worked a gig on Saturday, which was fun, aside from the fact that it was at a pool and we weren’t allowed to go swimming. Oh, and that it was wet and I slipped and my knee is all messed up and gross.

Anyways, this is a bit of a rant, just because I haven’t had one in a while, haha.

tl;dr i wouldn't read it either. xD

What’s been going on here?
How is everybody?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am
Life in the Ghetto not so bad then! Re-welcome back.  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm
I am moving to Sydney in a few weeks... I hope it doesn't smell bad where I'm living xD
As for weight issues and being nervous about seeing your friends, I've seen bigger girls who can dress so that it doesn't make it so noticeable. Generally flowing, longish tops and maybe a high belt, that sort of thing. I can never stress enough for people to wear the correct size clothing. One of my cousins is a size 14-16 but she insists on squeezing into 10s and 12s which make her look much bigger than she is, because the clothes are cutting in to her. I look fatter too, if I try to squeeze into clothes that are too small for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm
Hello! Welcome back!

Cities tend not to smell too nice, yeah. xD

And don't worry about looking fat or anything; people may notice, but noticing isn't necessarily caring. And you said you'll be seeing your friends for the first time in a while, right? So they'll probably just be happy to see you. [:

Nexus Carbuncle

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm
@scrub: haha, thanks.

i'd hope so too, lici! where in sydney? like, the city/CBD, or a bit further out?
( i realise that could come off as stalker-ish xD )

yeah, i don't stuff myself in to the same clothes i used to wear by any means, i wear things that fit - i hate it when i see people who should be wearing the same sizes i do (16) but have wriggled in to a 10 or 12... it looks really uncomfortable and unflattering, so i don't plan on doing that. i’m actually quite comfortable with where my body is at the moment, it’s the fact that my face has a lot of bloating and pudgy roundness to it now, but i figure hope the fact that i dyed my hair yesterday might distract from that a bit.
xD

Nexus Carbuncle
Hello! Welcome back!

Cities tend not to smell too nice, yeah. xD

And don't worry about looking fat or anything; people may notice, but noticing isn't necessarily caring. And you said you'll be seeing your friends for the first time in a while, right? So they'll probably just be happy to see you. [:

haha, i live in Melbourne, which is often referred to as being a dirty city, but it's not and it doesn’t smell like piss, either.
xD
that's a good point, you have there, too. i hope that's the case .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:43 pm
I used to live in New York City, and now I live in Boston, so yeah. xD

New York, especially if you catch the wrong part of, say, Times Square, smells like raw sewage, due to all the tourists and whatnot. It stinks. Boston's rather clean. At least the part I'm in is.

And I hope that's the case too!
heart

Nexus Carbuncle

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas