Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
I need help picking a cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marron_kuri

Cuddly Cat

14,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 pm
I'm going to Sakura-con in late April, and get to do one more cosplay. I'm making a Dawn cosplay, and wearing a school uniform each for a day and one of my friends is going to buy me a new cosplay as a birthday present so I need to pick one out, but I've been having trouble deciding...

There has to be available costumes of it (I've had a lot of people suggest things that no one makes and I don't have the time or materials to start another cosplay before then, plus if I find one pre-made I can just have it bought for me) and I would prefer that it's something that at least a few people will recognize. It doesn't have to be from anything I know or like as long as it looks good so I can love the outfit and other people can appreciate the character aspect.

My Shirley cosplay from last year

I was thinking about this Penelo outfit because I really like the character and the game, and the pants are really cool, but I'm worried it might be a bit too skimpy...

I would love any help I can get heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 am
That Penelo costume looks detailed if your not afraid of it being skimpy its really cute

Have you tried looking at the cosplay database or cosplay.com for ideas? Or there's always just going on ebay and typing in an anime/manga/something you like  

Brimrose

marron_kuri

Cuddly Cat

14,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 pm
I've looked all over ebay and on tons of other sites, I'm just so indecisive sweatdrop

I found this yesterday that I thought looked really cute.... Same with this....

But I just don't know if they're good choices or if something else would be better suited to me....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:02 pm
I have a hard time deciding too. What can help you decide is think of what animes you like the most and then think of the characters you like and are willing to cosplay. That should shorten the list for you  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm
I usually go for characters I love, and outfits that I can easily make.

If you like Final Fantasy, maybe Yuffie or Tifa would be a good cosplay? The wigs won't be difficult to style, and (some of) their outfits aren't that skimpy.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 am
I don't know where you get that the Penelo outfit is skimpy, it looks just like regular Bellydancer wear o-O

If that's skimpy, what would you call when my (ex)girlfriend cosplayed Irma from Queen's Blade? She pretty much just wore panty and bra!  

SakuraRico

HinataShadow17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm
I need to find one more cosplay before a Con in October. I have a Hinata, and L pretty much done, but I still need one more! I am not opposed to going as a male or female character, just not in something really skimpy.
Since I am making this it would need to not be too complicated. Any suggestions are welcome!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm
if its skimpy wear shorts under it or something. I say you should do it C:  

Swibbs

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 pm
Ashes Of A Princess

Yup! If there's a character you really like, there's always ways to modify it for yourself! You shouldn't let the lack of physics in anime stop you!!! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:02 am
xinitia
Ashes Of A Princess

Yup! If there's a character you really like, there's always ways to modify it for yourself! You shouldn't let the lack of physics in anime stop you!!! ^^

agreed!  

Swibbs

Wealthy Noob

9,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers