Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Breeding Familliars?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would breeding familiars be a cool idea?
Yes!!!!
57%
 57%  [ 22 ]
No that's dumb.
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 38

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 am
Idk I think it would be cool to do like every other month and it would be great practice for new hires (like I mean new artists) at least. smile
we could even make it really simple
No basket or "baby" form. just boom! Familiar! Like a mock breeding but a real breeding instead.

Just thought I would see of anyone else had touched on this.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:56 am
This is something that I'd absolutely love to see happen.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:24 am
It'd be interesting. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:19 am
I like the sound of this but I also don't, at the moment we have Mers, Usdia and Seathi being excluded from things like the V.Day Mixer we just had, I know the reasons behind it, i know one of them is restriction on what a colorist can do with them so because of that I can easily see the familures not being able to breed because there is restriction more so with them.  

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:27 am
Staff have already talked over the idea of familiar breedings and the idea was denied.

I am sorry, but familiars are not meant to be bred, if they were then they would have stages just like Soq do. :C
They were created to be companions for soq, to help raise stats, ect, but they can not breed.

Mock breeding or not, technically they are still being "bred" and having kids.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:00 am
Just to add on, because I know this has happened before. But if you get so into your Familiar and want it to have a family. You can also custom a new familiar to look like a mix of the parents, and RP it as their child.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:16 pm
Ririka
Staff have already talked over the idea of familiar breedings and the idea was denied.

I am sorry, but familiars are not meant to be bred, if they were then they would have stages just like Soq do. :C
They were created to be companions for soq, to help raise stats, ect, but they can not breed.

Slightly off topic, but they raise stats? I didn't know that! Can you direct me to the info about it, I'm kind of curious now hehe ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:19 pm
Nyx Queen of Darkness
Ririka

Slightly off topic, but they raise stats? I didn't know that! Can you direct me to the info about it, I'm kind of curious now hehe ^_^

lol thank you i was ultra curious about that as well. it kinda patched the braken place in my heart about them not breeding.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Ririka
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:13 pm
It used to be that familiars would help in certain areas of stats, like how each familiar has special skills and that would help the soq, or something to that effect. They did..something. XD

However, when asking something about this to help answer the question, I have been told that for whatever reason, they don't really do anything now.

I do not know if it will be brought back, if something new could come along, but that was what they did in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm
huh . . .darn lost on both counts eh oh well  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Ririka
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:30 pm
Yes, but remember they are beneficial in the RP world. :3

The post isn't up at the moment, but if you remember each familiar has an RP benefit, like how hawks can help find impending danger, crows/ravens can help steal/scavenge items, ect ect, so they do have their advantages.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:03 pm
Taken from the RP guide:
Nisshou H
Familiars
In alphabetical order
Familiars are companions for soquili. While they come in a variety of colors and may speak with soquili they do no possess any spectacular powers. Only creatures with wings my fly, aquatic creatures must live in water, etc. Please keep an animals natural abilities and limits in mind when bonding one to a soquili.

Bat - Some Kawani call them the dark knights but you can call them "friend" if your soquili bonds with one. Bats only like to be out at night so make sure your soquili is also nocturnal before bonding with one.
Benefit: Fighting/Scouting

Bear (Yo-na) - They may look like a docile teddy but bears are very ferocious and difficult to tame. One of the rarer familiars.
Benefit: Fighting/Guarding

Buffalo (Ya-ni-sa) - Buffalos are ultra rare familiars that are quite tame once your soquili matures. They like to wear a head feather similiar to a human so many think they are reincarnated ancestors.
Benefit: Guarding

Bunny (Tsi-s) - Bunnies are fast familiars that are for soquli who can keep up speed. With their long ears, bunnies can hear for miles. They can help by hiding objects in bunny holes or act as a look-out for impending danger.
Benefit: Scouting/Hiding

Crow - Crows are scavengers that always take what isn't theirs. They have bright personalities that ensure hours of fun. Benefit: Stealing

Dolphin - Dolphins are frisky friends in the deepest waters who usually befriend Kelpi soquili. It is rare for them to familiarize with other soquili types but it could happen. They are the most intelligent of all the familiars.
Benefit: Diving

Ferret (tsi-s-ga-tsi da-lo-ni) - Ferrets are a type of weasel. They are domesticated and behave similar to a very mischievous cat. Although they appear harmless, they can be vicious snake and rodent killers. A ferret is generally a sweet loyal friend and doubles as stylish 'live' fur that warms your shoulders on a chilly day.
Benefit: Stealing/Hiding

Fox (Tsu-la) - Foxes give the gift of increased speed and intelligence. This helps a soquili get an edge in racing/hunting games they can participate in during adulthood. Soquili without a fox could win one of thse games too, just ones with foxes have slightly more luck. Foxes aren't that hard to find. You just need to know where to look.
Benefit: Stealing/Fighting

Goat - Keep your hair tied up behind your back or risk it being eaten by a goat! These furry friends will eat anything but the kitchen sink. You can find them grazing in the mountains most of the time. They have a hard head that can butt into predators.
Benefit: Guarding

Hawk (Ta-wa-di) - Hawks are great familiars that can fly the highest of all. With their strong beaks and talons, they are useful for attacking. Although fierce, hawks are able to be tamed if one is persistent.
Benefit: Scouting/Fighting

Humming Bird - These little birds are so small and fast that it is difficult to spot one and even harder to catch it for a chat. The best way to make friends with a humming bird is to wait by flowers and let it come to you. They are friendly creatures once you get to know them.
Benefit: Scouting

Jellyfish - These have tentacles that can paralyze small fish or burn humans and soquili. Proceed with caution!
Benefit: Fighting

Lizard - These cold blooded creatures can often be found sunning themselves on rocks. Their appearance gives them a reputation of being shifty creatures.
Benefit: Hiding

Lobster - Lobsters are bottom dwelling crustaceans that live off small brine and plants. They have strong claws that can painfully pinch an unsuspecting fiend.

Mountain Lion (Tlv-da-tsi) - These give gifts of increased courage and strength. This also helps a Soquili get an edge in racing/hunting games. They are more difficult to find.

Mouse - These little guys are found all over the Kawani lands if you open your eyes wide enough to look for them. They are quiet critters that are experts at finding every possible way in and out of a place.
Benefit: Hiding/Stealing

Prairie Dog - Prairie dogs are extremely social familiars. If you spot one of them hanging around you are likely to see many, many more. It is not hard to convince one to be your friend too. They are well known for their massive network of underground tunnels and warning cries.
Benefit: Scouting/Hiding

Raccoon (Gv-li) - Gives gifts of increased luck and stamina. They are like bandits and sometimes find gifts for your Soquili. Much more difficult.
Benefit: Stealing/Hiding

Seal - If you hear a puppy in the water, then it might be a seal. These cuddly critters make a cute "arp" sound and are very friendly.

Sea Otter (Tsi-ya) -Otters are playful critters that live on coast. They love to swim in the water on their back and make cute sounds amongst themselves. They are loyal protectors of the ocean beneath.

Sea Turtle - Wouldn't you like to always be at home? If you were a sea turtle you would carry your house on your back. These fun critters enjoy swimming and bathing on the beach!

Squirrel - Have you checked your tree lately? If not, you may want to look again their might be a squirrel up it. Squirrels are lively creatures that can't seem to make up their minds about how noisy they should be.

Wolf (Wah-ya) - While they usually travel in packs with other wolves, a few have taken a liking to the pretty horses known as Soquilis. Although they can never be fully tamed, a well-loved wolf will begin to act like a domesticated dog. They are very loyal to those they love and are usually found guarding the teepee of their owner.

Benefits

Each familiar comes with one or more abilities that they can use to aide your soquili. The ones under their types are most common but they are not the only things familiars are capable.

Scouting - Familiars with this benefit are little ninjas that can act as a stealthy look-out.
Guarding - Familiars with this benefit help to guard a soq from danger.
Fighting - These familiars can fight with teeth and claw by a soquili's side.
Hiding - Those with this benefit can hide things for your soquili so that others cannot find it.
Stealing - Watch out for these familiars! They can steal things for your soquili.
Diving - These can dive underwater to find lost treasure or useful things for your soquili.

Familars did use to add 10% I believe in the area they were said to boost like speed/stamina etc...... some also added extra abilities like the rabbit was said to increase your chances of having three babies. But like Riri said it was taken away smile
I agree with Luna that just because you don't get to have it done 'officially' you can still custom a familar family just like you can get mock siblings and parents for exsisting soquili.

Have fun guys!
And also while we are on the topic I just wanted to thank the great job the familar colourists are doing!
*snuggles all her familars*  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 pm
Updated, final decision was breedings were denied.  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games