Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
How do I tell my mom Im gay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm
I really want to tell her but shes extremely prejudice against gays, shes old fashion I guess and shes a teacher. But the reason I want to tell her so bad Is because she constantly asks when Im going to bring home a girl and then proceeds to give me tips about how to pick up women and what they like. It annoys me so much and I just want to tell her but I dont know how and I dont know what she will do when i tell her, and I dont want her to hate me because shes the only parent I have. So any advice?? Do it.. Dont do it.. How to do it..etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:53 am
I told my mom 2 years ago and i'm not going to lie she wasn't happy and i'm in your same situation my moms the only parent i have left too... I was really scared casuse i thought she would kick me out cause like your mom she's well Homophobic... so i was cared and it was one of the hardest things i had to do in my life... but i was tired of her constantly asking about girls -like you- and tired of her nagging me about getting a girlfriend and once i told her it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders and i felt happier... though she was pissed and still is a little. it will take time and alot of convincing to get her to actually believe that it just isn't some 'faze' your going threw... but My advice is that if you really feel like you need to get the weight off your shoulders then do it!

Peace and love,
Bubble goth MoonChild  

Tristin Lee

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Farzine

Shameless Lover

9,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:26 am
D0ctor Bob
I really want to tell her but shes extremely prejudice against gays, shes old fashion I guess and shes a teacher. But the reason I want to tell her so bad Is because she constantly asks when Im going to bring home a girl and then proceeds to give me tips about how to pick up women and what they like. It annoys me so much and I just want to tell her but I dont know how and I dont know what she will do when i tell her, and I dont want her to hate me because shes the only parent I have. So any advice?? Do it.. Dont do it.. How to do it..etc.

Well... you could always bring home a guy. That would be a shock. (jk)

I told my mom a few months ago, though I'm a girl, and I felt so much relief. Seeing as your mom is a teacher she will most likely not be too hard on you since she's familiar with kids. Once you tell her she'll back off on bringing a girl home, and you'll hopefully start joking around about brining home a GUY instead. x3
Just sit her down and tell her you have something bothering you and let it flow. Give her a bit to let it sink in.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:26 pm
I still dont think I can do it. Today she was going on and on about this gay guy at her work and how he would like to get his hands on some little boys. I wanted to scream in her face. and then later she comes up to me and says she got a surprise for me.. then she says she bought a girlfriend for me on Ebay...  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm
self preservation

if you think it could be a possible danger, like it is in this case, you don't do it; find another outlet

and if you wanna stand up against the gay jokes, get an openly gay friend; this way you can tell her you don't like people talking about your friends behind their backs  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm
Well I told her, It was really hard to say and once I did she wasn't mad. She wanted me to reconsider how I feel about things and asked me about relationships. It was just really embarrassing. I dont know whether I should be happy about getting this out or not. At least she will stop with the gay jokes while I'm around.  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items