Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Trans?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuPaul Baby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:39 pm
User Image
Hi i'm westley. I'm 16 and i recently came out to family and friends for being gay. Here lately my body has felt... I don't know how to actually put it but i don't feel like this body fits me. I'm begging to think i am trans. I've talk to real life friends about it and they have told me to wait for a long time, of course i'm going to wait till i'm older. I was just wandering if anyone has been here in my shoes? Is anyone trans here in this guild. I need to help and guidance please! I believe i should have been born a female, but is this going to be bad going through the trans? I'm scared to tell people!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 pm
Going through a sex change is a huge decision, so it's understandable why your friends, and yourself, are worried. Nowadays, there isn't two genders, and you can identify, as male, female, both, neither, and millions more. You could feel like part of you is female, and the rest is male, like, the possibilities are endless. I know someone, who identifies as male, dresses masculine, etc, but isn't going to change his body, because everyone he loves accepts him as a boy, despite his biological sex. If your sure you want to enter the process of becoming a woman, you should look into hormone treatments, and different surgeons, and costs etc etc. I am lucky enough to have been born in a body, I am somewhat comfortable with. If you go on youtube, there are a lot of channels of men and women recording daily, they're transitions, and a lot of them get a lot of support.  

MagicalFlutes

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:13 am
I'm a female to male trans, just recently broke that news to my parents last year.
I went through a "maybe I'm just a lesbian" phase. I even came out to several friends and family that I was dating a girl and thought it was the right thing for me. I've had more girlfriends than boyfriends, but still I just didn't feel lesbian was the right title for me. It wasn't until I watched a show on transgenders my senior year of high school that it all kinda came together. I have always said I felt more like a boy.
Everyone's journey is different, and some take longer to realize it than others. Just take your time and feel out what is right for you. I was amazed at how supportive my friends and family are so far, my room mate even introduces me by my chosen name and gender to new people. Hang in there. No matter what you are still you.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 pm
hello, my name is Katheleen, but i go by noel, which is my "real name". im transgender, woman in mans body. Ive came out to my parents and most of my close friends. im not sure about the transition. For now, i plan on staying as i am. When i move out, which will hopefully soon, im going to start crossdressing. so far only my mom and a couple of my friends arent supportive. but its great to not have to hide it as much.  

hawkmaster91

Sai-chibitalia

Rainbow Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:36 pm
I tried going out with girls. Turns out I'm not a lesbian.
Gender and sexuality are too different part things. Wait a while to see how you feel. Think about how you acted in your childhood (if you can remember). In the future, do you want to be a mother or a father?

The world is not going to end if you don't decide tomorrow. Everyone goes through this differently so don't worry so much about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 pm
Ya, that's deffinitly something to take a long time to think about.

I have superts/ phases that last a long time that I go back and forth between feeling female and feeling male. It gets really confusing and most of the time i'm not sure what I am. I've seen movies about transgender but I just don't see it fit, or at least all of it.

It's one of those wierd things that i don't think should be labled because it gets really stressful when people you do tell people but they always ask well what are you male or female and they don't take idk as an answer and say you should know. xp

That reminds me, I was watching strange sex about transgender and, at least in iowa, you can get a psyc test that will give you more clear results on questionable things.  

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 am
It's not the end of the world, some people don't realize till their married and have had a kid(s). You still have long way. My ex is FtM and she only realized when he didn't feel fit with her ex whom is FtM. Try going with different genders and stuff. Experiment. I thought I was straight, once I was with her I realized a switch. I'm also attracted to women. Just live life and see how things feel, you don't have to jump to conclusions, try different things.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games