Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
As a guy in body only, I ask this question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 am
...why do guys always have to have the biggest p***s? I don't just mean the body part, the "p***s" could be muscles, a car, a paying job, being a fast marathon runner, being tall...

Really now.

I don't care if this gets me called girly or a sissy, I have no interest in dominance or any other form of being "NUMBER ONE". In fact, I would have no shame about being second in command or greatness to a woman.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 am
Alpha male wins the mate.

It's a way of ensuring procreation and thus progeny. Men have the biggest whatever and women flock to that to ensure strong children.

Because healthier and stronger males are more likely to have the bigger whatever.

That's pretty much it, but we're all still ruled by our instincts and s**t when it comes to that stuff.  

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 am
I think the implication that this is an issue that all guys are concerned over is a bit of an oversimplification. Some of us couldn't care less how our genitals, or anything else for that matter, "measure up" against someone else's. In fact, some of the fiercest one-upmanship I've ever seen was between women. Whether it was about losing weight, having better boobs, or even whose kid could get into what schools.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, the implication that this sort of competition and comparison behavior is an exclusively male behavior, is an erroneous assumption.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 am
FireSpark
I think the implication that this is an issue that all guys are concerned over is a bit of an oversimplification. Some of us couldn't care less how our genitals, or anything else for that matter, "measure up" against someone else's. In fact, some of the fiercest one-upmanship I've ever seen was between women. Whether it was about losing weight, having better boobs, or even whose kid could get into what schools.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, the implication that this sort of competition and comparison behavior is an exclusively male behavior, is an erroneous assumption.
Good point. I usually see that behavior in men more than women so I always considered such "p***s" measuring contests to be a man thing.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 am
VVhip

It's a way of ensuring procreation and thus progeny. Men have the biggest whatever and women flock to that to ensure strong children.

Because healthier and stronger males are more likely to have the bigger whatever.

That's pretty much it, but we're all still ruled by our instincts and s**t when it comes to that stuff.
I guess there have just always been women who liked alpha males and women who liked soft men then, since I see both kinds of couples.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:07 pm
Rei Inaba
VVhip

I guess there have just always been women who liked alpha males and women who liked soft men then, since I see both kinds of couples.

Nope, to each woman, "alpha" means something different. Some women would see "Burly McMusclesCars" as the alpha, whereas others see "Nerdy LeComputerbrains" as the alpha. That's how it all works out.

Or at least, they believe that's what love is 'for' in terms of evolution/procreation... we love people who aren't alpha male or female so that people wouldn't all waste their time chasing alpha's and thus never get a chance to make babies. We love so we will settle for less than alpha.

It sounds cynical or cold, but that's evolution, bby! ;D

For the record, muscles and cars and overly 'blokey' men are a turnoff, imo. I far prefer intellect or being in touch with emotions as an attractive trait.  

Whip

Rainbow Succubus

Digital Future

Dangerous Capitalist

4,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm
I always thought of it as a battle between the peacocks, (no pun intended in anyway) with male flaunting their feathers to essentially win a female mate. Even though we are different species, I think in SOME women this situation applies. (Now I'm not saying all but for just a percentage of women whom I've been with that literally would not be with me if I didn't wear Armani, etc..crazy I know..) I also would like to agree on that I have seen the whole "one up" concept in women more than men that FireSpark mentioned.

Also for the record I would like to note that just because some men are interested in cars, or "manly" ideologies doesn't mean that they aren't in touch with their sensitive side. I love my crotch rocket, but I love my woman even more heart  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games