Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] RP Stats and Co-Ownership Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Co-ownership and RP rights.
This makes no sense to me 0_o. Why are stats done like that?
76%
 76%  [ 35 ]
I understand it and don't think it should be changed.
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Poll Whore Option. I didn't read this.
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 46

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 pm
Recently, I've run into a problem with RP. I'm not quite sure that I understand the theory behind it.

Arden was my first soq. I chose to share him with Cheshirekttty. We have equal rights. However, we discovered recently that though the rights are equal, they are separate.

We've been allowed to put him in both our Teepees and have stats. However, instead of keeping his stats consistent (the same number), they're completely different.

We discovered that we coudln't use our plan of Chesh RPing one month and myself RPing him the next, because the stats were only attributed to the owner RPing him and not the soq.

We are not trying to cheat the system, or trying to get 20 stats per month for him. We are trying to set up a plausible way to RP him. But now there's no incentive for Chesh to RP him because my stats are higher for him and won't be transferred to her teepee to keep the stats consistent (Which also makes it look really weird for the stats to have a 10-12 percent spread between owners, and could possibly bring into question why the stats are so different.)

So, why are rights equal but seperate? Is it right that, if we do the every other month RP(switching back and forth), that Arden would take 18 months to reach 100 percent for both of us?

Another part of this that I do not understand is that, Chesh can add my initially rolled stats to our teepee and they count for her, and at any point she can use stats in my teepee to count for him, but they can't be credited to both of us?

Possible Suggestions:

1. Put the stats in both teepees. Obviously not 20 percent a month. Just spread the stats evenly. Either owner can use the stats anyways, because obviously they're going to choose to use the higher stats.

2. I'm really not sure. Short of having to share a teepee with every person you co-own.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:36 pm
I feel like they should be updated despite which owner RPs, since there are two owners. The stats are supposed to be for the Soquili, not ths owner, so I don't understand how, despite different people RPing, the couldn't get the same amount of stats as if one person was RPing them.

It isn't two Soquili that are being RPed, it's one so I honestly think they should have the states updated normally, despite who RPs.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm
I think the biggest thing that gets me is that it doesn't seem possible for ONE soquili to have TWO different sets of stats. How does that work for colorists? For breedings? If he was to get to 100% in one teepee if we were to breed him would he still get the extra basket even if the other teepee was lower? At this point I feel that I can't even rp him without messing up some possibility for his future.

EDIT: If it would be easier for whoever updates the teepees we could add links to both teepees in the rps?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:50 pm
i agree.. two separate stats for one pony just doesn't make sense.. it's the same thing myself and another owner have been looking at as strange with our jointly owned mare. As I'm her main rper, her stats are pretty high in my teepee but in her original owner's tepee.. it's a different story... What would this mean should I give back full owner ship to the original owner? Would it mean that my stats would just disappear? Or would they simply be moved over to her teepee??  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:58 pm
Updating stats in two separate teepees is much harder than you guys make it sound. There are over 500 soquili owned by over 150 people RPed every month, and it's not easy to even remember that some of them are coRPed. It is, frankly, just easier to only give stats to the person who RPs. Not only because I don't have to find a second teepee, but also because you're assuming that a) the second owner is on the tag, b) I can read both names on the tag, and c) that the co-owner's name hasn't changed.

Please don't link your teepees in your RPs or instead of putting stats in the first post of the teepee. That's not how stats work. I go straight off the teepees list, by RPer.

If you have a problem with two different stat levels, keep the stats in the dominant RPer's teepee and both of you use that for breeding purposes.*

Personally, I don't like coRPed pets, but that's mostly for two reasons: one, the pet ends up having a bit of a split personality and two, one owner always ends up more dominant than the other.

Also I'd like to note that out of the over 500 Soquili RPed each month, perhaps 9 of them are coRPed. That's just not enough to change an entire system over.

*Edit: For breedings, the teepee does not have to be YOURS as long as the pet in question is in it and you co-own that pet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:14 pm
How I've been going about it, because with my co-owners, we have a lot of our Soq allowed to be in one another's teepee, is one of us will have the URL to the other person's teepee.

[url=]Stats Located Here[/url]

I realize it isn't the best thing, but at least it means the other staff that have to put up the stats have a direct link instead of searching through the...however many pages of teepees there are.  

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm
Mouse: But what about us who are trying to make an effort to? Chesh won't even RP him because she doesn't want to screw up the stats. It feels like, that one of us is being forced to be the dominant one. And it only wound up being me, because I had more stats than she did for him.

Also, I'm sorry. But whether or not Arden's personality is spot on doesn't affect his stats at all. Nor should it determine whether or not a co-owner gets those stats.

But without helping those who are trying to actually equally co-own the pet, we're forcing someone to become dominate and someone to cave.

I also don't understand how it would work if say, we wanted to make him an Elder. What would happen? Would we both have to have 100 percent stats to even try?

And we were told that even the bonus stat couldn't be attributed to both teepee's.

And I don't understand, how we can use a teepee who is not ours to have stats for breedings, but co-owned soq stats can't be updated the same?

Yes, I do realize it's alot of work. However, if it's not done it completely alienates one owner. We've tried posting the teepee links and cert in the RP or bonus stat post, but it was only updated in one teepee. I don't see how it could be a problem for those who are willing to go the extra mile and be active co-owners, to have the stats updated in both teepees?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:28 pm
So, the staff is in extended discussion over the matter. We're trying to figure out what's the best way to resolve this confusion and mix up and make sure the staff won't be overwhelmed with extra work in the process. We'll keep you informed on what we decide and what we figure out as soon as we know.

Thanks so much!

: D  

Uta

Shy Mage

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Thank you ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:48 pm
ArashiX
How I've been going about it, because with my co-owners, we have a lot of our Soq allowed to be in one another's teepee, is one of us will have the URL to the other person's teepee.

I realize it isn't the best thing, but at least it means the other staff that have to put up the stats have a direct link instead of searching through the...however many pages of teepees there are.

I like this idea, it makes it easier instead of Mouse having to hunt for the other teepee. Well, it seems easier to me anyway.

Thank you staff :3  

Fuzzy-Gumdrop

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:06 pm
Just would like to add my two cents to this. I only co-own one soquili but her personality was arranged as such that my co-owner could rp her darker qualities for me since I have a really hard time with that kind of thing. We've since decided that since the stats were highest in my teepee she would cede rp rights to me.

It's just a bummer and really has discouraged us from co-owning more in the future.

I don't really know how stats are kept track of though, so my only thought is I would have no problem keeping a link to my co-owner's teepee in mine and/or putting a link in the first post of any rp that I use the soquili in question in.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:23 am
Lonewolf_Eyes
ArashiX

I like this idea, it makes it easier instead of Mouse having to hunt for the other teepee. Well, it seems easier to me anyway.

Thank you staff :3
I must admit that I have tried this before with one of my soquili -even highlighed in red- (I have coRPrights to three!) and it still won't work, stats will currently only update the teepee for the person who is actually RPing it.

The only way we have found around it is if Person A PMs the reply and the RP link to the Person B with the stats and have them post it in the RP... but this just seems wrong so we have never done. Its like trying to find a loop-hole so that you actually get credit, but surely the pet should get credit either way.

And.... if you can link to the persons who stats are higher for breeding.... WHAT IS THE POINT OF TWO SETS OF STATS? o.O It just seems wrong wrong wrong. I do agree that each soquili only needs on set of stats, and although it is complicated and a pain in the arse it does seem unfair to the handful that are coRPing. Just because it isn't the general norm doesn't mean it can't happen and happen well.

What gets me confused is.... you can record an AIM RP, and have the names of all the people involved listed at the top, now yes Person C RPed soquili E and Person D RPed soquili F and they still get credit (as they should) although the RP is only posted by one person there still has to be two teepees found from only the information listed on the first post... how is this different to stating the full name of the teepee's that need to be used for stats?

I just wanted to add that this is NOT a complaint/attack against Mouse (who does do a great job with stats) but against the system smile

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 am
*claps for puu* yesh well stated ^w^ i admit mouse Does do a WOUNDERFUL job. *nod nod* it just seems that the system's a bit.. broken where co-rp'd soq are concerned  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 pm
Apologies if this doesn't make much sense. Is late and I'm tired. *cough*

But just a note: You guys have to remember that the stat perk isn't meant for the soquili. It's a perk for the writer. The writer who put in time and effort and work to develop a character.

The reason that it doesn't work for a co-owned soquili who actually has two sets of stats in two teepees is because if person A and B both co-own, but only A does the RPing for the month. . . then B should not be given stats, because B didn't actually RP the soquili that month.

Stats aren't for soquili. Stats are for the writers as just an additional little perk. Why should Person B, who didn't do any writing that month, get the perk without actually putting forth work? That's not fair to people who don't co-own and who have to RP month after month if they want stats.

So the complication isn't just about clicking on another link or opening another teepee to give out stats. It's also another reason why a soquili who does have two stats in two different teepees, depending on how active each RPer is, may have two different stats.

But I digress.

As stated before, this is an issue the staff is working on to clarify. We'll definitely let yall know what we come up with and what changes might or might not happen to stats. ^_^;  

Uta

Shy Mage

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:32 pm
Uta
But just a note: You guys have to remember that the stat perk isn't meant for the soquili. It's a perk for the writer. The writer who put in time and effort and work to develop a character.

The reason that it doesn't work for a co-owned soquili who actually has two sets of stats in two teepees is because if person A and B both co-own, but only A does the RPing for the month. . . then B should not be given stats, because B didn't actually RP the soquili that month.

About this... I understand what you're saying, but I also have to disagree. Even though the writers are different, the character that they are portraying are the same. Yes, one person might be RPing more, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't effect the Soquili itself.

For myself, I know that it's a little bit more complicated when both owners get RP rights to the Soquili, but I did so with Panda so we could both have fun with his personality. We even agreed that we wouldn't even really look for a partner for him until his stats where around 50. I've been busy and I know Panda has been RPing Razzi a lot more than I have officially, but it doesn't mean that we BOTH didn't talk and tried to flush out his personality.

So even though the writers are different, it doesn't mean that one or the other is specifically putting more work into the character. Yes, one has the Soq meeting other Soquili more, but that doesn't mean the Soq itself is being neglected.

Definition of co-own: one of two or more individuals or entities owning property together (as by joint tenancy, tenancy in common, or tenancy by the entirety)

I personally feel that once you take away that ability to share stats in one teepee, it takes away that 'together-ness' feeling. I honestly feel like it's no longer co-owned, but one piece of property split in half, which it's not supposed to be.

It's like... *tries an example* Two people start a business together and decides to co-own the company. It's one company. Unless the business expands, it's still one entity. It's like two become one for the benefit of the company. If two were to stay as two separate people, wouldn't it seem as though the company would need to split and two and wouldn't just be that one company anymore?

Sorry if it doesn't make sense ;w;' Long day so far @w@;  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces