Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
Japan's Big Quake & What You Can Do to Help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki
Vice Captain

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 pm
As you all know by now, Japan was hit by one of the worst quakes ever recorded, and still has a long way to go in getting things back to what they were beforehand. No matter what you may feel about some of things they've done, I implore you, please donate what you can to the relief effort. They need your aid now more than you can ever know.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 pm
Many of us have friends and other people we know of in Japan that are affected by this. It is not totally surprising that Gaia created a relief fund for contributing to the relief efforts currently going on in Japan.

More Japan specific information can be found here, at a website Google has created in response to those wishing to know about more information about the quake: http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html

On another note, the Gaia items you receive after donating to the Red Cross are just a small part of Gaia's appreciation for your money. All the items have the "Kannon" part in their names due to the fact that Kannon is the goddess of Mercy in Japan. This is what really needed for the areas affected as the death toll continues to climb and will soon surpass the Kobe Earthquake in 1995.

As someone that previously lived north of Tokyo (not near the shores, but close enough to the epicenter that significant damage had occurred) and seeing the scenes unfolding, it brings sadness and pain. We should all concentrate our efforts to send aid to Japan.  

IdiotbyDefault
Crew

Rakashael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm
I've already donated my last few dollars to the fund; I lost three of my best friends in the tsunami. All of them were doing a little comedy show in Sendai when it happened... I hope that others are much more fortunate. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:54 pm
Rakashael
I've already donated my last few dollars to the fund; I lost three of my best friends in the tsunami. All of them were doing a little comedy show in Sendai when it happened... I hope that others are much more fortunate. heart

I'm so sorry to hear that about your best friends. D:  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Rakashael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm
Kanashii Sakura Uta
Rakashael

It is alright... other people I know that were near the epicenter of the quake are safe. I PRAY that others are okay... I was given much hope today about the state of things over there by my friend who posted on Youtube. He says don't listen to all the second hand, other country news because it is inaccurate wish-wash(Especially CNN because they are just horrible, every time I hear their reports I cry my eyes out because they make it sound much worse than it is), the best place for real news on it is either BBC, or NHK.
A link here: (It is in English)
http://jibtv.com/

Pray for people, in whatever way you chose, the kind, merciful, caring energy is what those people really need up in Sendai... especially the thousands trapped and stranded near the nuclear reactor. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 pm
Rakashael
Kanashii Sakura Uta
Rakashael

It is alright... other people I know that were near the epicenter of the quake are safe. I PRAY that others are okay... I was given much hope today about the state of things over there by my friend who posted on Youtube. He says don't listen to all the second hand, other country news because it is inaccurate wish-wash(Especially CNN because they are just horrible, every time I hear their reports I cry my eyes out because they make it sound much worse than it is), the best place for real news on it is either BBC, or NHK.
A link here: (It is in English)
http://jibtv.com/

Pray for people, in whatever way you chose, the kind, merciful, caring energy is what those people really need up in Sendai... especially the thousands trapped and stranded near the nuclear reactor. heart

Yeah, I keep up with BBC, NHK, and Kyodo News rather than CNN. My mom likes to watch CNN and like you said, they make things sound more worse than it is.  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Sinful Raine

Unsealed Demigod

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 pm
I live in Tokyo and though I wasn't fully affected by the tsunami, I felt the pain of my people. I donated over 828600.0000 yen to help out, I just wish I could do more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 pm
Princess Sana-Chan
I live in Tokyo and though I wasn't fully affected by the tsunami, I felt the pain of my people. I donated over 828600.0000 yen to help out, I just wish I could do more.

Everyone always does, but it's never about what you can't do; it's more important to focus on what you can do here, now and in the future, which is why this will remain a sticky until I am instructed otherwise  

Koiyuki
Vice Captain

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sinful Raine

Unsealed Demigod

13,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:46 am
Koiyuki
Princess Sana-Chan

Everyone always does, but it's never about what you can't do; it's more important to focus on what you can do here, now and in the future, which is why this will remain a sticky until I am instructed otherwise

I want to thank everyone who is helping. It means alot.

The Japanese Student Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games