15%
 15%  [ 45 ]
Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

animanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:15 pm
Thought I'd start a topic for fun to complain about them young'in.

I'll start:

Them darn kids now'days, they barely remember when we had to use dial-up. Why I remember when I had to start windows from a c:/
And pictures on the internet!!!, why we were lucky if we found askii art!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:00 pm
what do you mean when we had to use dial up I have too lol (cant afford wireless even though I have the card)  

Elspeth Telrunya

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:56 am
Heh, I remember when 28.8k modem was considered fast! But I had a 14.4k modem because it was less expensive... rolleyes Now people just clamour for dsl and/or cable modem. They dont' know what slow is!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:56 am
think of dial up on a mountain where not even cable TV reaches. gonk
and all the city folk got their cable modem and powerlink  

Lex The Forgotten of BoB

5,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200

animanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:51 pm
yea, but dial-up was our only option.

Why I remember when the internet was a bunch of cans strung together!! And gettin' cans was hard work too! And you couldn't use just any string either, you had to use special string.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 am
I remember when pop music was exciting.

Kids these days wouldn't survive two minutes in a mosh pit!

I went out dancing, the other day (for a given value of other day) and I almost fell asleep on the dance floor.

In my day, we played out music loud and hard! And violently!

And punk! You call that punk! Some of those guys can actually sing, that ain't punk!  

Harbone
Crew

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:20 am
Harbone
I remember when pop music was exciting.

Kids these days wouldn't survive two minutes in a mosh pit!

I went out dancing, the other day (for a given value of other day) and I almost fell asleep on the dance floor.

In my day, we played out music loud and hard! And violently!

And punk! You call that punk! Some of those guys can actually sing, that ain't punk!
Hell Yeah, punk rock is supposed to sound bad. Isn't that the whole point? These guys don't get it. And Emo? What's Emo... Why in my day a guy could be moody and dark without lables being put on them. Some of the groups I listened to were the fore runners of Emo. These kids today don't even know what emo is...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:51 pm
hehe your compalining about dial up and music. I remmber when PHONE were dialed and you had to get up and go the the TV and turn the dial to change the channel. All you kids have got it soft. Heck we the computers in my day took up whole floors, not a corner of little desk.  

Saiyana2

4,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Edward 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:02 pm
Remember party lines? Not this lets see how many friends we can chat to at the same time the kids whine about today... what'dya mean you can only connect 3 of us? No, the real party lines... like my grandma had... nothin like pickin up the phone to make a call and hearin the latest gossip from the neighbor ladies... Ya, hun, that's real interestin bout Mister Whosit and his lady friend, but I gots an emergency here... ya mind lettin the line go sos I can call for help... I see, that's right neighborly of ya to come take us to the hospital... we be seein ya in a minute... no, I dun mind if you're in your housecoat, we gotsa see the doctor now... rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:53 am
When I was a child, the telephone was in a public call box at the other end of the village (and not even dial-up - you had to ask an operator to connect you), we had no bathroom and an outside toilet eek ... I'll spare you the details, but it could get a bit draughty xp . We didn't have a TV in the house until I was about 11, and watching at a friend's house was a huge treat. We had no washing machine, or refrigerator - there's a replica 1940s/1950s kitchen in a local museum that looks pretty much like I remember my grandmother's - my childhood is in a museum gonk ! There was also this weird set-up at the cinema, where you were allowed admission at any time, even half way through the film, and you just sat through the show until you got back to the point where you came in... surprised  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

simlizzy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 am
alleira
- my childhood is in a museum gonk !

and more and more of mine is turning up in antique stores and books on collectibles rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:04 am
I also remember tuning in the tv. No, not cable or satelite, just a huge antenna on the top of your house making a hole in the roof, or rabbit ears with tin foil... And you had to set the chanel to Uhf or vhf. And there were little red/green buttons to adjust the color. If you were bored, you could make mr. Rodgers have a sunburn, or turn green like he's gonna puke...

Now its a gazillion channels and perfect picture, but nothing good to watch. rolleyes  

Velouria Dragoon

Syzygis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 am
I remember when we had to cook things on a stove! None of them newfangled microwave ovens! People actually took the time (punctuates with a slam of the cane) to eat right! (another slam of the cane)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:35 pm
I remember when the Personal Computer was a Commodore! And it was a big deal when the Commodore 64 came out! (64K of memory! WOW!) Floppy disks were floppy -- and over 5 inches square. And any program you used had about 20 of the dang things you had to constantly switch back and forth.

And the programming language was BASIC. And it was a big deal to learn it!  

AmberKatt

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:26 am
Ha! Right!
Ask a kid these days what
10 Goto 20
20 Goto 10
Means and they look at you like you're blind AND stupid... which I AIN'T.
Why, the couldn't even handle HGR coordinates!

And Fortran! Whatever happened to Fortran? Or Pascal?

Object-oriented programming, hunh? It's for the birds.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff