Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Them darn kids now'days Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kids today?
Better?
10%
 10%  [ 30 ]
Worse?
43%
 43%  [ 127 ]
Kids in my day....
12%
 12%  [ 36 ]
Is there soup today?
15%
 15%  [ 45 ]
Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

A Story Worth Telling

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:55 am
koolkate111
fr34x0r
jiffy pop and pong on atari is still kick a** though...even though I don't like popcorn.

I'm 13 and i still remember making Jiffy pop nad shaking it over the stove feeling like a comeplete retard, and then your hand gets tired after like 5 mins. of the continus shaking they make you do. I mean I have made it like twice ..and to tell you the thruth............its not that good. I would rather just pop the package into the microwave and press the popcon button and be done with it!!!!

Amen, sister. Popcorn is meant to be buttery, not sweet, anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 am
I remember the Lawrence Welk show on the black and white tv  

ly_rose

Lup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:18 am
I remember listening with me tad and mum to records of Queen, Pink Floyd and classical music. And I also remember watching the telly with them... a big as telly with lame colours...but we had a video too...man...
I had to tape my favourite cartoons...
Oh and the old anime... like Sailor Moon, and Dragon Ball Z...oh man those where the good ol' days...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:12 am
not to be rude or anything, but i thought this guild was 21 and up. i see a lot of teenagers in here. just wondering, not complaining.  

SassyLuV

Stubborn Partygoer

8,875 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shinkouforever

7,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:42 am
In my day,pay phones work in us and had many of them. They just disappeared. Oh and cell phones didnt have picture phone. And I remember the old macs.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am
Erin Sovenya
Society today...
when I was a kid, we rode in the back of pickup trucks, and seat belts were optional.
If you got injured and dad couldn't tell something was broken, you had to tough it up.
And you didn't miss school unless you had a fever or were throwing up.
If you did something stupid, you got spanked and grounded, end of discussion.
Please, thank you, excuse me, god bless you, etc. were said to every adult, be it your parent or a complete stranger you passed on the street.
You held the door open for the people behind you and offered your seat to adults.
Computers were huge affairs with tons of floppy disks per program and you started from C:/. (GUI was fascinating and high-tech, and Oregon Trail was the coolest thing since sliced bread)
The top-of-the-line video game system was the Gameboy, and we marvelled at the graphics and gameplay
People spelled out all of their words, punctuation included. wuzznt nun uv dis chtspek stuf, lol (I can't even do it)

This is especially sad because I'm not that old (21 - barely old enough to be a geezer), yet no one gets my pop culture references anymore. I mentioned the Safety Dance to the kids I teach and none of them knew what it was (or Spice Girls, or the TMNT theme song)

Okay, okay. I LOVED Oregon Trail and then it started to scare me with that creepy music and whatnot. So I stopped playing. And I prized my Gameboy, thank you very much.
Don't think it's all of us that doesn't use pleases, thank yous or the type. I don't type in this 1337 speek stuff, either. I've alWays just used peroxide and gone on. Oh, and maybe they didn't know that TMNT theme because...oh I don't know, weren't alive then?
By your Way, I'm 13.
Don't think I'm disrespecting you, because I'm not. I'm just speaking up.  

S1Xteen

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:57 pm
A message from a friend...:

Quote:
I'll say that they really piss me off, and I'm thinking about doing my own ranting, although I may get in trouble for posting there. But hey, they made it public. :/

Anyway, they're all "These kids and their High-speed, new technology, and BLAH BLAH BLAH CRAP." Who invented the new technology? They're talking about not having Dial-Up. I saw a post in there "The only peopel that still use Dial-Up are poor people." I for one, still used Dial-Up until the beginning of the month. Does that make me poor? I actually kind of am below the poverty line, but whatever. mad

Also, who is is causing the big problems in the world? Adults. Kids are the new generation, they shouldn't be talking about us settign our selves straight, why don't they do something about it? They aren't setting a very good example. D:

And seriously, I saw even saw posts in there about homosexuality, and on the same page, about freaking discrimination. xD

By the way, sorry for the late reply. It takes me a while writing rants... >>;

I'd love to see your reactions, amuse me. surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm
I'm the green monster.

Jeddi! Did you write that?!

Fear me.  

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 pm
Of course not! I already said, a friend! D:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm
I'm the green monster.

It was chan, wasn't it?

Fear me.  

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 pm
No, someone else. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:38 pm
Lil-Jo
Naoe_88
xinawarrior123
Naoe_88
Eirwyn
Lest y'all forget what was in the first post:
This is FOR FUN. Like, a modern-day version of the old "I had to walk twenty miles to school barefoot in ten feet of snow!" complaints.
OK? mrgreen

lol. it's not modern if ppl have been doing it for a while, i know i have mrgreen

hmm...does anyone know of or remeber or still play wall ball/roll ball?
that was played in many schools some 5 or 6 yrs ago....i just wanna know if it's become one of those, "i remember back in the day" kinda things now

Yeah! I called it butt's up when I first learned from my big sis. ^_^ but nowadays the big thing that's the closest to it is called handball. Except its really far from what you see in the olympics.

lol. butts up...funny name XD, i guess it's officially in the " what the heck is that?" pile ^_^

well, the one im referring too was pretty violent at times. back in middle school most girls weren't allowed or didn't play because the boys would start real fights if their sisters or girlfriends got hurt by someone, but it was fun non the less xd
that and "deathball"........10 soccer balls.....200 kids in a court yard....and everyones a target twisted (muah hahahaha!).......what?! we were playing outside at least blaugh

Sounds like our Dodge Ball... I came home with many bruises from that game. I would try to stay a target of people I knew did not throw as hard and would try to get hit right away so I did not get run over or bad bruises.

yes it's very much like dodge ball, except you weren't allowed to pick up a ball just like in soccer. i actually got hit on one side of my face as a spectator and when i think about it, it's kinda funny that only half of my face was crying just like this ^_T

but i think the game i miss the most is Flash Light Tag in the dead of night...now that would get your heart pumpin mrgreen  

Naoe_88

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:09 pm
I'm the green monster.

OH yeah! I'd forgotten flashlight tag. Oh, man... I hated large group games.

Fear me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:29 pm
Dabogrl
I'm the green monster.

OH yeah! I'd forgotten flashlight tag. Oh, man... I hated large group games.

Fear me.

it was more fun when you had more ppl to play and alot safer if you got lost in the park or your back yard if you hadn't cut the grass in a long time mrgreen

games like flash light tag, dodge ball, hide and seek, and a making a ramp out of a plank of wood and a rock to jump our bikes off of was always fun too rofl  

Naoe_88

Labhaoise

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:46 pm
I remember getting my first games console. It was a Spectrum ZX where you had to use these cassette tapes to load it and you'd get a load of white noise and a flashing square on the screen cos it took forever to load xd Then we were only allowed to play it for like 20 mins, which wasn't too bad cos we got bored of sitting staring at a screen anyway.

Then when the Sega Mega Drive came out and we were like "Wow.... sonic is 3D!!!"

My mum and dad were big fans of the "Misbehave and you get the belt" method. Kids were meant to play outside unless they came in for meals, and we had great fun climbing trees and hunting hedgehogs and making little dens out of the hedges outside the back yard.

I remember when my mum and dad got their first colour tv, and i got the old black and white one. It had that weird wooden-looking kind of plastic casing, and was permanently snowing biggrin

And i'm only 22....

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces