Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Them darn kids now'days Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kids today?
Better?
10%
 10%  [ 30 ]
Worse?
43%
 43%  [ 127 ]
Kids in my day....
12%
 12%  [ 36 ]
Is there soup today?
15%
 15%  [ 45 ]
Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

Quixilver05

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:09 pm
i remember having to use all that command prompt crap to start a computer. all the computers the school had were all green screen computers, i dont even think lap tops existed  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:34 pm
The 1st computer I used didn't even have a floppy disk. It had a cassette tape drive you could use to load programs from. 5000bytes of RAM. This was circa 1984. That was my early exposure to computers as a kid.

You didn't use a monitor then. It hooked up to a TV set.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

`Toshio Saeki`

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:39 pm
Kids these days scare the ever living daylights out of me....

It makes me scared to have kids of my own, cause I swear, if my children act like some of the ones I'm like a surrogate mother too... oh boy... that's gonna be a problem.

It's seems like kids these days can't wait to grow up. What's with that? I know I acted that way when I was 16 going on 12 but... now that I'm adult, I try to warn the children of this day and age that it's not all fun and games. You can't get your cake and eat it too in a world like today. @_@

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:24 pm
*gets on soapbox*

i might only be 21 but ive seen the downfall of america its the kids that are 16 and under they dont know what to do with their lifes let alone know how to run a good life ive been all around on these lil boxes seen those fools pretty much whore themselves out in a slave market and so on its a disgrace to us and the much older of us witch is the the more elder gaians i mean my generation isnt that good but they are 50x worst then us they treat drugs like they are candy and sex like its the best thing in the world its really starting to piss me off and i dont like being pissed off i know this isnt a long rant but i could make it longer and it will all be one big runnon sentence but o well im done for now if you agree with me good if you dont your letting our way of life die right now

now im done  

BloodFire_420

metal gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 pm
animanic
Thought I'd start a topic for fun to complain about them young'in.

I'll start:

Them darn kids now'days, they barely remember when we had to use dial-up. Why I remember when I had to start windows from a c:/
And pictures on the internet!!!, why we were lucky if we found askii art!!!
lol so true. I remember my brother playing on old amiga and commodore 64's lol now that is old. heh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:44 pm
`Toshio Saeki`

It makes me scared to have kids of my own, cause I swear, if my children act like some of the ones I'm like a surrogate mother too... oh boy... that's gonna be a problem.

It's seems like kids these days can't wait to grow up. What's with that? I know I acted that way when I was 16 going on 12 but... now that I'm adult, I try to warn the children of this day and age that it's not all fun and games. You can't get your cake and eat it too in a world like today. @_@

yes but at that age how many really listen to advice anyways they always seem to have to learn the hardway, no? it is sad though. *shakes head* i wish I could go back to the 80s that's all I want. lol be a teen again listening to metal music now that is heaven for me.. i don't want to hear these whiny jonas brothers crappy music. disney is brainwashing the kids with playing the same stuff repetitively it is almost like mind torture lol. actually i'm serious. heh  

metal gypsy

metal gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm
Tillisnut
The 1st computer I used didn't even have a floppy disk. It had a cassette tape drive you could use to load programs from. 5000bytes of RAM. This was circa 1984. That was my early exposure to computers as a kid.

You didn't use a monitor then. It hooked up to a TV set.
actually they did have monitors in 84 my brother used to play around with my uncles in his house and it had one, but not many ppl had the monitors back then they were expensive.. anyone remember vectrex? spelling may be off, or coleco vision? yes, I am almost 35 in October. lol i'm really showing my age now. heh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:49 pm
SassyLuV
not to be rude or anything, but i thought this guild was 21 and up. i see a lot of teenagers in here. just wondering, not complaining.
lol I was gonna say the same thing. lol maybe they are old at heart. lol ;p  

metal gypsy

metal gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:52 pm
Eirwyn
Every age group has a collection of things to stress about, even little bitty kids. When you grow out of one set of stresses, you grow into another. sad And they tend to get more complicated.
One of the most stressing and depressing things about middle age to me is the realization that Mom and Dad are Getting Old. Their health begins to fail, and you begin to see that a day is coming up scary fast when one or both of them won't be there any more. When one of them gets sick, it scares the hell out of you 'til they get better. And if you don't have the financial resources to help take care of them, its even worse.
it's true too bad I can't stand my mother and I am almost 35, she was horrible and my dad worse I understand why some kids cannot stand their parents I truly do well with some anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 am
metal gypsy
SassyLuV
not to be rude or anything, but i thought this guild was 21 and up. i see a lot of teenagers in here. just wondering, not complaining.
lol I was gonna say the same thing. lol maybe they are old at heart. lol ;p

Some posts that were not over the limit of rude were left, sometimes it is funny to read a younger person's view on things... makes you remember how much you mature over the years.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Madame_Fluffy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:35 am
Kids these days and the way they choose to get their messages across via the written word.

I seriously weep for the English teachers who have worked so hard to teach their pupils the proper way to construct a sentence; only to see all that time having gone to waste when said pupils resort to using texting/twittering to state their thoughts, instead.

Gone is the intelligent way of writing; as, for some odd reason, it's far cooler to 'lyke, omg!1! t4lk lyke dis!!11'

The kids claim it's just faster to talk in text/twittering dialect; I've tried writing that way, my fellow geezers - and I can tell you, it's takes me far less time typing out a legible sentence than it does to get the same idea across through twittering.

It especially scares me when I hear discussions that such dialect will one day be taught in schools. O.o

If that is the case, should I ever be blessed with children, I'm homeschooling them. XP  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 am
okay to all who are 30 and up
what's better for you, life now or life then? do you think if kids today were forced to live the way you did back then would it make them be better all around or are we so spoiled it wouldn't make a difference?

( this was an interesting topic in my psychology class today ^_^ )  

Naoe_88

Naoe_88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 am
Madame_Fluffy
Kids these days and the way they choose to get their messages across via the written word.

I seriously weep for the English teachers who have worked so hard to teach their pupils the proper way to construct a sentence; only to see all that time having gone to waste when said pupils resort to using texting/twittering to state their thoughts, instead.

Gone is the intelligent way of writing; as, for some odd reason, it's far cooler to 'lyke, omg!1! t4lk lyke dis!!11'

The kids claim it's just faster to talk in text/twittering dialect; I've tried writing that way, my fellow geezers - and I can tell you, it's takes me far less time typing out a legible sentence than it does to get the same idea across through twittering.

It especially scares me when I hear discussions that such dialect will one day be taught in schools. O.o

If that is the case, should I ever be blessed with children, I'm homeschooling them. XP

someday ppl will be hired only if they can type 10 text messages a minute. better start practicing everyone lol  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 am
metal gypsy
`Toshio Saeki`

yes but at that age how many really listen to advice anyways they always seem to have to learn the hardway, no? it is sad though. *shakes head* i wish I could go back to the 80s that's all I want. lol be a teen again listening to metal music now that is heaven for me.. i don't want to hear these whiny jonas brothers crappy music. disney is brainwashing the kids with playing the same stuff repetitively it is almost like mind torture lol. actually i'm serious. heh

I totally agree! I don't want to listen to Hannah Montana... I grew up listening to great singers like Celine Dion. At least Backstreet Boys and N*Sync were better than Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. XD

`Toshio Saeki`

SarahT3hPixie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 am
Kids these days have it to easy. I remember when MSDOS was the coolest thing EVER!  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff