PSP Games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 am
So yeah, I have a PSP, and I want to know what you think are good games for it.
I have no idea, so suggest away.
I think the only requirements are, literally, for it to be in English, and not boring.
I'm open to any suggestions.
So?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:46 am
It all depends on what genres you like. For instance, I love RPG adventure games, where I can explore, and absolutely hate First Person Shooter games, so I would say KH is a great game but not Halo.

Well, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is out but I don't know how awesome it is. I do love my Crisis Core but I'm too scared to finish it since I know how it "ends" ;A;

Really, I'm more of a DS & X-Box person.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 am
xena91388

Yeah, but I'm really open for any genres. It's all hit and miss, I like some shooters, but hate others. Same for RPGs and what not.

Yeah, I'm more of a PC gamer myself, but my bf gave me his old PSP and I figure I might as well do something with it. We can't sell it. x'D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 am
Well in that case, I my first recomendation is of course to go to GameStop that way you can return what you don't like within 7 days. As for games, I recommend: (some I did not play on the PSP but they are available for it)

Dante's Inferno - I didn't play it on PSP but on X-Box. . . . W.O.W Although it is graphic gorey. Not for the faint of heart.

StarWars: Force Unleashed - Didn't play on the PSP and it was only a demo but it was AWESOME.

Dissidia - I only played a few minutes of it on a friend's PSP but I loved it. It's like Tekken with your favorite FF characters.

LEGO - Indiana Jones is my favorite in the series. I also didn't play this one on the PSP but it is AWESOME!!! I hear there's a LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean coming out soon!

Little Big Planet - I haven't played it but I'm watching Tobuscus playing LBP2 and it looks funny and enjoyable.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - looks promising but I looked forward to and was disappointed by 358/2

Crisis Core - A great game for collectors or fans of FFVII but it's ridiculously repetitive and does not allow free exploration of the world. I't nice to see places and characters from the original in hi-rez though :3

Utziel

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:38 am
xena91388

Mmm~ I have no problem with gore. I'll have to check this out, for sure. x'D

Yeah, I've played a little bit of Dissidia, but I stopped playing it 'cause I was looking for story then it had. I'll have to go finish playing it, though. P:

I think my sister's playing 358/2 right now, and she'd kill me if I told her Birth By Sleep was for the PSP. xD I might have to go play it and tease her with it, but I grew out of Kingdom Hearts a little.
And, I'll have to check out Crisis Core, definitely. I'd love to get back into FF. ♥

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 am
PSP was a failed system if you ask me.
I have one and I never play it. XD
It's good for the collection.

Get anything that is Final fantasy and there is the God of War game, forgot the exact name but it is fun.
It's uber short though, I beat it in eight hours.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:37 am
I absolutely love Little Big Planet for ps3, but I haven't played it for psp so I don't know if it's the same or not. Umm, I liked Tekken 4 (I think it was 4... ), and my bf likes Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:16 pm
@ Testi;
Yeah, I've noticed there aren't too many great games for it.
Yeah, I'll prolly be getting mostly FF games.

@ Frantic;
Mmm, I'll have to try that out too.
I've already played some of Monster Hunter and it was so-so. I think I ragequit over something or other, though.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:12 pm
I have two games for the PSP, and I haven't even started one of them. xd
I've got about a half-dozen other games I want to get for it, but recommending games I haven't played is a terrible idea.

I will recommend Persona 3 Portable though, especially if you haven't played either of the PS2 versions.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm
I love my PSP.
I'm a huuuuuge Monster Hunter fan. Paint me a happy fangirl whenever I pop in the UMD for it.

Uhm. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and Loco Roco (the song gets stuck in your head all day gonk ) are pretty fun games to have. Little Big Planet was okay, but it gets kinda boring.  

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles is really good. It's basically a remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.
And if you meet certain requirements you can unlock the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, which is also fabulous.  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games