28%  [ 14 ]
I'm neutral about it = 3=
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 49

Frezir

Kawaii Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:52 pm
It would be nice to see contest for baskets for breeding/basket newbies only. Makes us a bit sad to see that someone who has had baskets already get another one. Maybe also have a colorist take couples that have atleast one of the owners a breeding newbie.

I'd find this a bit more far and share the basket love around more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm
How do you mean breeding/basket contests for newbies only?

If you meant that you wanted to force owners to give up their extra baskets to breeding newbies (if/when they decide to hold contests for them) then I could see that causing a few issues.

Or do you mean having basket contests for first gen soquili that would start as baskets and grow from there? If this was the case, I'd be in full support of colourists doing newbie only contests/raffles for baskets but it would have to depend on their time constraints etc, you know? =)

As for the breeding newbies, I know there are already breeding newbie slots and there was a period where there were a LOT of these slots to the effect that it effectively penalised people who weren't newbies and went in the opposite direction. I'd agree that I'd like to see more newbie breeding slots but you'd have to find a happy medium so that those who had loads of soquili didn't get punished for it as well.

TLDR?

It would be nice to increase the participation of newbies whether in breedings or via basket mini events with premade soq baskets somehow. But not to the detriment of those owners who aren't classes as newbies anymore as it would risk alienating them.

*Would support the return of more newbie slots for sure!*

Epine de Rose

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 pm
I'd want some breeding newbie slots and some more basket based events. It's like opening one of those capsules. You can imagine whats inside but won't really know until you open it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 pm
Breedings between two people and their Soquili have the right to choose whether or not they want it a free for all or just newbies. To say they'd have to make it newbies only would be... cruel and might possibly limit the number of contests.

Breeding newbie slots exist... Though I dunno how often they'd come up (I won my first breeding through one last October).

Though I agree with Epine that baskets for newbies would be nice. Though... Not really sure if there would be such thing as a 'basket' newbie because those basket newbies might already have Soq and shouldn't have the title of newbie at all O-o; (shop definition of newbie [official] I believe is 0-2).

I understand how people want their first baskets... But contests for basket(s) for people that never had a basket... I don't really agree with, sorry ):

It takes time, but doesn't mean that you'd never get a basket~ I'm pretty sure it's harder for someone to get their first soq than their first basket...  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 am
Hum, AT, I wouldn't say that it's harder to get a Soq than a basket. I had four Soq before I won my first breeding and got my first basket.

I like the idea of the colorists sometimes doing special slots for people who have never won a breeding before. (I'm pretty sure they've done that before, right?) It can be kind of frustrating to not get rolled, and then not get pulled from the CC list because you're couple isn't pretty enough. I mean, I've had two breedings in my time here up to now, so I'm not so far removed from the excitement of getting that first basket to not still remember the excitement of being rolled for the first time. It was pretty darn awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:04 pm
Its a good suggestion but there is no way to force people what to do with their basket, its ultimately the owners decisions on what they want to do with their third basket. It would be the same if you wanted to gift a basket to a friend who wasn't a newbie but then were force to give it to someone else.

A better idea would having maybe a FS where their are baskets instead of just full grown adults. I don't know if this is possible but it might be more plausible.

And I believe some have done newbie breedings, IE King.

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 pm
I know some have done newbie breedings before.. I got my first breeding through a newbie breeding slot last Christmas *nod nod* and there are basket events where the parents owners host a rp event or RNG event for newbies to get a bash at getting their very own baby. (Did that with the extra basket from my first breeding) but it's ultimately up to the owners. I do agree that it'd be interesting however to see something like what gallow stated as in a FS for newbies only where the pets are baskets rather than just fully grown pets. even if the baskets are just Usdia baskets.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm
I would love to see more baskets and foals in raffles and flatsales. >.> I know that would cause the colorists slightly more work though.  

magnadearel

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 am
I am always game for giving up my third basket to a newbie but I have one fear: They run off and never return thus one of the members of the family is eternally lost and there is nothing we can do about it. I have had this happen in the past and I had to fight tooth and nail in order to have them co-own so this soquili didn't just go poof! I guess what I am saying as far as giving away the third basket to a newbie is I just don't trust them. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 am
Well I have a question, for basket newbies would being gifted one basket count? How would you decide who is a basket newbie, ect.
I think it could be a good idea, however, I would like more details. <3  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm
The way I read this idea was:

Breeding/Basket Newbie - a person who has yet to acquire a breeding slot. Not necessarily a newbie getting a basket from the breedings.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:17 pm
I think that the reason why there are not very many baskets/foals during FS and such is because it gives more work to the colorists. I mean, they're already coloring a lot of pets for FS and stuff, so why would it be necessary to color baskets and foals?

I think also the question is, how would you even find baskets in the 'wild'. I guess the placement of the shop would be the only time that would happen would be parents abandoning their basket(s), which would be breeding slots anyways.

No matter which is more difficult to get, Soq or basket, ultimately, they are both Soqs in the end, just in different forms. So unless Basket Newbie is the same as Breeding Newbie... I still stick firmly against where non-Soq newbies can be termed 'basket' newbie.

(( For myself, I got my first basket as a co-own, which was my 3rd Soq. My first breeding was my 5th through Niloufer's October breeding newbie slots. I started thinking of it as: it took a lot of luck to get my first Soq, and I'll be patient and wait for other chances at getting new ones."))  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:48 pm
Well, as Epine has pointed out; many colorists have already been offering breeding slots that require at least one owner to be a breeding newbie, and in those slots, the newbie MUST be receiving a basket from that breeding. It hasn't really been that rare either. They were pretty common all of last year, but so far this year they haven't popped up as often, but then this year has been it's own bag with all sorts of various activities.

In regards to breedings though, who a basket goes to should be entirely up to the whims of the owners of those soquilis. I'm sure there are people who were gifted baskets from friends who would like to repay that kindness one day.. and might wanna give one back.

though it seems to me at some point it was already suggested in the feedback forum about an event where all the breedings were given a third basket that would go into some big raffle for newbies or something like that...

also as for baskets being available via other venues.. they ahve popped up in the monthly flaffles sometimes... not every time.. but htey do pop up sometimes..

though  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff