Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Dris needs...fashion advice?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:27 pm
Well, that's awkward.

Seriously, though.

I've been slowly meandering toward the more fashion-conscious world, and in that I've been becoming more experimental with what I put on.

And I figure if there's anyone I can trust to be completely honest, it's you fine people.

Which brings me to my current dilemma:

User Image

Adorably grunge, or horrifyingly "Oh, honey, NO"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 am
I'm not really liking the top, it seems too big and bulky compared to the rest of your outfit. Dunno if throwing on a thick high-waisted belt would help or look any good?  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am
You need more color. You know that godawful mustard yellow that's so popular now? Mustard yellow socks instead of grey would give it a pop of color to go with that blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 am
i'm with lychee, throw some yellow in there.

i think its cute though, i'd wear it around town fersure

mistuh s a r s

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 pm
The top is questionable, I think.

Are the shoes going to be undone like that the whole time or actually tied up?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:29 pm
I don’t know if you need to add colour, but maybe that’s because personally, ¾ of my entire wardrobe is black... However, I agree that the top it a bit mismatched (shape wise, I like th colour and the check) with everything else.
I’d be a bit iffy about adding a big belt on top of that shirt... But that's just me.
You don’t need to necessarily wear a super fitted top, just something streamlined, because you have a lovely shape and that top makes you look a bit boxy. Streamlined and in a soft fabric.
I tried to find some examples on Polyvore, but it didn’t want to cooperate.

diffun

Seraphiel The Forgiving

OG Noob

7,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
Well, that's awkward.

Seriously, though.

I've been slowly meandering toward the more fashion-conscious world, and in that I've been becoming more experimental with what I put on.

And I figure if there's anyone I can trust to be completely honest, it's you fine people.

Which brings me to my current dilemma:

User Image

Adorably grunge, or horrifyingly "Oh, honey, NO"?

Dear, in today's world, fashion is no longer really set in stone. So many clicks have developed. So many "scenes." What you need to do is find a look you enjoy and then go for it. It will, however, integrate you into a scene that you may not be associated with (for example, I'm often refered to as an emo boy or scene kid even though my main style is more along the lines of "visual kei).

But if you like the way you look, then go for it. Don't depend on other people to tell you what to wear. If you do that, you will look the way that THEY want you to look and not what YOU want to look like.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm
Pleasepleaseplease don't put on a cincher belt or any yellow. xD

Black/blue/grey is solid in my book. But I'm used to wearing nearly all black, etc. I love the grey socks/black tights combo. I recommend opening the top and putting on a cami/tank top under it. I'd stick with black or grey. But yeah, the only other thing I can think of is to lace up the boots a bit more so you're not falling out of your shoes or looking ridiculous.

Bio approves of this outfit. -thumbs-

Edit: To the guy posting above me, bro you don't need to quote the first post. xD; And she's asking for fashion advice, not asking us to tell her who to be.  

Biohazardous Lollipop

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:30 pm
I say keep it as is.
The yellow'd look odd, & those huge belts are awful.
The guy who dresses like a hobo thinks it's a good look.

And, I'd ignore anyone who takes a request for fashion advice as a chance to rail against scenes & the like.

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games