Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Transgendered Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 am
Hello everyone! My name is Kevin, but you can call me Ikari if you'd like. I'm new here so please bare with me. This isn't something I normally like to talk about, especially in front of complete strangers. I only recently within the past month started admitting it to friends. So far though, none of them have ridiculed me and they have all been supportive. Lately, I've been thinking I'm transgendered. When I look back on the past it makes a lot of sense. As a child I never conformed to the appropriate gender roles for males. I use to go around wearing a dress, playing with dolls, etc. I much preferred it over sports, roughhousing, and getting dirty. For some reason my entire life, I've always felt uncomfortable around other males. I'm nothing like them. As weird as it sounds, I'm repulsed by males, even my own self. On the other hand though, whereas I'm repulsed by males, I greatly admire females. I admire them from there anatomical structure, to there personalities. I have far more feminine characteristics than I do masculine ones, especially on the emotional level. I like to joke that the only thing making me male is my Y chromosome. I was unfortunately born with very masculine features from my broad shoulders to my chin. I've also had strange desires in the past to wear female clothing, and around the age of 13/14, for reasons I'm unsure of, the idea of getting a sex reassignment surgery crossed my mind. Of course I would never go through with it though. I have a personal philosophy against mutilating one's body. I don't even believe in piercings and tattoos. I also would not consider taking hormones, mainly because of possible complications it could cause with my Crohn's Disease and the infusions and medications I receive for it. I haven't ruled out the possibility of wearing female clothing one day, once I have my own place, at least under my male clothing. I come from a strongly conservative family so this isn't something you ever mention around them. I've only recently after several years, started thinking about this again. My friends say if I really am transgendered though, that I'm a peculiar case, because even having desires to become female, I'm still sexually attracted to only females. My friend used the analogy of a lesbian stuck in a guys body to describe it. I'm not sure what to really think. The other day I spent three hours typing up my thoughts on it in a writing I titled, "Who am I?". All logical indications though suggest that I am probably transgendered. My friends say it's not a bad thing, but being conservative myself, it conflicts with everything I stand for.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:36 pm
Hi im katheleen. noel is my "real" name. i too am transgender. There's nothing wrong with being transgender. You have to be at peace with your self.  

hawkmaster91

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:41 pm
It's nice to meet you Katheleen. Thank you for your kind words.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:46 pm
Hello, I'm Seth (birth name Elizabeth) Pleased to meet you.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

hawkmaster91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm
ur welcome  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm
It's a pleasure to meet you too Seth.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

hawkmaster91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:52 pm
If you are still unsure, i suggest you do research. Like you, since an early age i knew i didnt fit the guy "mold". I never knew there was a word for how i felt. like when i was little, 95% of my friends were girls. I loved to play barbie, house, school. Now growing up, i didnt have any male teachers, until fifth grade. so i would always be the teacher. During reccess, there was always a boys vs girls variation of tag. and i would constatnly betray the boys and side with the girls. In high school, while doing a video project for history, my group needed another girl. So i was drafted so to speak. i "tried" to get out of it. Anyways, one of my friends told me he is transgender ftm. so i told him, i often feel like I'm a women in a man's body. so he told me to do some research. BTW, ftm means female to male. Just in case you don't know  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:06 pm
I have been doing some research this past month. I understand a lot of what you're saying. Today, about 99% of my friends are girls. I only have one guy friend. I find it challenging to keep friendships with guys though, since I don't share much in common with them. I loved all of that as a child as well. I use to wear this polka-dotted dress I couldn't even fit into so it was always ripping, I would carry this beat up old doll that was lying around my house, and I use to have a doll house and a Barbie van to go along with it. I had a lot of good memories of those days. I tried playing sports a few times but I could never get into it. I'm not use to having any males in my life. I grew up without a father and without any real male role models in my life, which is probably why I've grown up the way I have. I'll continue doing some research though. And thank you for that clarification. Like I said, I'm new to all of this.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:34 am
wow... i was reading over this and its amazing how much ikari's story matches my own. my name is Tyler and i feel like i should have been born a girl. im a little young compared to most people on here talking about this so go easy on me. (im only 15) common guy things like sports and rough houseing dont intrest me at all and they never have. all of my friends are girls except for 2 guys that i have known since birth. i never really noticed that i was this way until about a year ago. most of the things i did werent all that girly at first but i started to get more and more feminine. even my personality has gotten more feminine. in the last 3 months i have started to think i am transgendered. i havent told anyone except my girlfriend (i fit into the lesbian in a guys body thing). i am constantly thinking about what it would be like to be able to wear a cute little skirt out in public and just be myself. i would really like to talk to anyone who has gone through this same thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 am
pie 9812
wow... i was reading over this and its amazing how much ikari's story matches my own. my name is Tyler and i feel like i should have been born a girl. im a little young compared to most people on here talking about this so go easy on me. (im only 15) common guy things like sports and rough houseing dont intrest me at all and they never have. all of my friends are girls except for 2 guys that i have known since birth. i never really noticed that i was this way until about a year ago. most of the things i did werent all that girly at first but i started to get more and more feminine. even my personality has gotten more feminine. in the last 3 months i have started to think i am transgendered. i havent told anyone except my girlfriend (i fit into the lesbian in a guys body thing). i am constantly thinking about what it would be like to be able to wear a cute little skirt out in public and just be myself. i would really like to talk to anyone who has gone through this same thing.

Nice to meet you Tyler. Your story does sound similar to my own. I'm probably not the best one to help you though, since I've only started thinking of myself as transgendered in the past month. I had never thought about it till then, but when I think about it, it explains why I've always been so feminine, why I'm uncomfortable around other guys, and why I have desires to dress in cute girl outfits. I wish you the best of luck now that you've made this important discovery.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am
thanks. i dont really feel comfortable around guys either. its not because they are guys, its just the way they treat me. most of the guys i know greet me with hurtfull words. some girls treat me the same way though. (they are just jelous that im curvier than them >_> (if only that were true...). it just seems that girls are more acceptant of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 am
pie 9812
thanks. i dont really feel comfortable around guys either. its not because they are guys, its just the way they treat me. most of the guys i know greet me with hurtfull words. some girls treat me the same way though. (they are just jelous that im curvier than them >_> (if only that were true...). it just seems that girls are more acceptant of it.

You're welcome. I understand how you feel. Most guys treat me pretty bad as well. I'm mainly uncomfortable around guys because I just don't fit in with them. I don't share the same interests that guys do. I guess it's like that for a lot of transgendered people. Because we feel like we should be of the opposite gender inside, we can't connect with those who are the same gender as the one we were originally born as. I think overall though, girls are much more acceptant than guys.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 am
i can get along with guys, its them that cant get along with me. my two best friends are guys. (ive known them since birth and they are the only guy friends i have) they both know im different than most guys and for the most part they are fine with it. (they dont know the extent of things though) i go to there houses to spend the night every once and a while and we usually have fun. we normally have to try to find something we both like because im not into the sports or first person shooters like they are but we normally have a pretty fun time. other guys that havent known me all my life instantly lable me a freak and dont even try to get to know me for who i am. if i try i can normally find something in common with anyone but they have to be willing to try too.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:58 am
I see. I don't seem to be able to get along with guys, and they don't seem to be able to get along with me. I don't have a best friend currently, but usually my best friends are girls. I'm glad that they're fine with who you are. I've tried keeping my being transgendered secret. I mentioned the slightest word about it to my mom Sunday, and she went crazy over it. She was very upset. I can understand that. You're not a freak for being the way you are. If you feel more like a girl inside there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You should embrace who you feel you truly are inside. Those guys can't really judge you anyways. They don't even know you.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:28 am
kh.ikari
I see. I don't seem to be able to get along with guys, and they don't seem to be able to get along with me. I don't have a best friend currently, but usually my best friends are girls. I'm glad that they're fine with who you are. I've tried keeping my being transgendered secret. I mentioned the slightest word about it to my mom Sunday, and she went crazy over it. She was very upset. I can understand that. You're not a freak for being the way you are. If you feel more like a girl inside there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You should embrace who you feel you truly are inside. Those guys can't really judge you anyways. They don't even know you.

i havent even hinted it to my mom. she is super religious and wouldnt approve at all. once i came home with my nails painted and she made me take it off right away. the kids at school that barley even know my name know more about my life than she does.  
Help and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff