Submit

??
  davis
  santa barbara
  poll whore
View Results

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:46 pm
so...i got into my top two school choices: UC Davis and UC Santa Barbara. i think i almost wish i'd been denied from one of them so i wouldn't have such a hard choice. background: i want to go into marine biology, but that might change slightly to some other biology-related major (not biotech or molecular or anything though). davis doesn't have marine biology, but it has an oceanography minor. ucsb has aquatic biology, starting with pre-biology that can lead into a couple different majors, some of which i might want to switch to, like zoology or something. but theres the ucsb party school rep...and i live in the bay area so sb is 6 hours away, and davis is only 1. (i want to be closer)
oh and i like warm weather, so i don't care that davis gets hot. wink
does anyone have any (intelligent) comparisons between the two? or anything like that? as in i don't want to just read "go aggies!" or "neither. go to [insert other school here]"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 pm
The Party School rep really shouldn't be a concern for your school of choice. Every school will be like that to some extent. It doesn't deteriorate from the merit of the school. My schools deemed a party school mostly thursdays to saturday night is bad in the dorms for noise level, but it gets better over time.

UCSB seems to have more choices surrounding your interest. Which is usually nice to have options, incase you decide you don't like certain courses and what not.

Though moving away from home is something you have to decide if you want to do. Honestly for first year I recommend it. It gives you a chance to experience what life is like without your parents to take care of you. You can develop skills like budgeting, and eating.

6 hours is still a distance where you could go home if you really felt you needed too. I'm about 4 hours away from home.

If you go further away you could always transfer to a school closer if you think you can't handle it.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 pm
oh if anyone who finds this thread was wondering (even though i'm sure no one gives a....nvm) i picked davis  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games