A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
___months ago I make a thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What I said when I was a different person has no bearing or validity on the here and now.
I agree.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I won't hold something you said back then against you.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Why should those silly things you said so long ago matter?
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 am
Then ___ months later I go to the forum I posted it in to post something else, completely forgetting I made it and likely not being the same person now that I was back then.

More replies than when it had when I last cared about it, treating me like I am the same person I was back then.

Go figure. It's a good chance that in as much as 4 hours I am a different person then I was 4 hours ago because there's so much to me that different aspects are dominant at different times.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:45 pm
I apparently was dead the month of April... User Image
And into May it seems....
I missed a bunch of threads in here...

A majority of people aren't prepared, it seems, for someone who can present different points of view...
in fact points of views that may very well contradict one another without the person speaking them actually being a hypocrite to their word.
I think it's that most people are simply narrow minded and get one simple impression on you and stick to it.
Simple perhaps being the key word here.
Because they simply have one dominate force.
As you mentioned you have many dominate aspects of yourself that make up you
and by definition, dominate means one takes priority of the other.
So while you have moved on and have perhaps a million other thoughts and ideas
some lead by even opposing dominate aspects of yourself,
it is possible the people in that forum haven't moved past that last thing you posted.
And perhaps they have not moved on simply because they can't present themselves with an opposing point of view to consider.
Just my random blurp that popped into my head. User Image

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm
To be fair, we can't really expect people to go into each new conversation with a clean slate view of us. Everything we see, hear, and experience colors our views of the world and other people. We're all guilty of it. As long as they are open to learning about new and different aspects of our personalities, it's all good. Chances are, you're not a completely different person; you've just changed some things. People change, but they never completely let go of what they used to be. They can't; otherwise, the changes would have nowhere to start from. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean forgetting about the past; it means being able to reconsider it in a new light. Now, of course, if they're not willing to do that, then there's a problem. whee  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games