[S] Breedings Slots/events for Soquili that have never bred

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 am
Reading the thread about a special event for Soquilis on their final breeding got me thinking about the other end of the spectrum; while I respect the sentimentality involved, I think it would be a neat and even better idea to have breeding slots of some kind specifically for Soquili that have never bred: not just with each other, but with anyone. The first breeding for a Soquili is exciting, especially if there was plotting or planning or a lot of waiting involved, and it's more than a little discouraging to see other Soquili score two or even three breedings before you're able to get the one.

So, tossing out the idea of something geared towards Soquili breeding newbies themselves, where both members (Soquili, not owners) of the pair have never bred with anyone. First-time parents for the win!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:30 am
I have to say, I don't really find the point. There are A LOT of Soquili that have yet to breed with anyone, and even if these slots exists, I'm pretty sure the list wouldn't be much different from the lists we have for breedings now.

For myself, I have... 7 couples, and 4 of them still have yet to breed O-o Yet I've won/gotten 3 already?  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm
I'm not so sure about events and such for soquili who have never bred before.. but I do think that it would be nice for Owner's who have never had a breeding. I've been trying with my couples for close to a year now and haven't had a whole lot of luck and just made it to Low Luck. Granted I mostly didn't start entering EVERYTHING until Summer time last year. But it is disappointing to see soquili that were given away during the christmas events breed and to still be waiting on mine.

Perhaps an event for breeding newbies? However, I do think that the colorists do this all on their own in their breeding raffles and I don't think that it will likely change.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 pm
Events for first timers who regularly RP might be a better idea. It would really reward players who are working hard to build a relationship, and narrow the field a bit. =)

So basically a breeding event with an RP focus? And I don't mean just using the RP qualifications thread. Perhaps couples answer a prompt and the colorist picks whoever answers it the best?

*thumbs up!*  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:10 pm
I wish sometime, there would be a breeding newbie set. But instead of letting it be only if one person is a newbie you qualify (because that lets in ALOT of people, which isn't a bad thing). But sometimes, I think it woudl be nice if there was a slot where both or all owners with rights to the breeding have never won a breeding before.

But those parameters might be TOO limited, or they might be okay especially with the Christmas Plush influx. ^_^

I like the RP idea ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm
I personally agree with this due to the fact that I have never won a breeding before. While I have been beaten out by people who have won breedings before and even some that win there second breeding for the month. I think it's rather discouraging to people who have never won a breeding to see others win constantly. However, I think it should be limited to lifemates and not just flings because it's rather unfair. ^^; And this should apply for overall breeding record, meaning it's not to pairs of soquili but the owners themsevles.  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:30 pm
As nice as that'd be I'd like more LL slots to be available, for some soquili it takes over a year and it'd be nice for the colourists to open at least 1 LL slot a month, it'd help those people out who have really been trying greatly.

I know many have never won a breeding, but it shouldn't be focused on the soquili who haven't had a breeding but maybe the owners who haven't ever won a breeding like more breeding newbie slots.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:56 pm
I like the idea too  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

ktqueen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:57 pm
I really like the idea, but once again, I'd agree on the side of owners who have never had a breeding. With at least one who's never had one in the pairing. But I'm slightly biased and will admit it, due to the fact I've never had a breeding. <3 I have seen one or two slots for this, I really, really think it'd be awesome to see them more often, or have the event for it. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 pm

This always gets brought up every time someones a 'breeding newbie' and wants a better chance at a breeding slot lol Honestly, there are already too many slot denominations IMO. I mean... theoretically, you could come up with 101 denominations to try to 'better your odds'. ATM, I think LL, RP, unedited, etc is all we really need.

Ktns

Lunatic

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:25 pm
The only issue I see with a slot for soquili that have never bred as opposed to the owners; some people who are entirely new to breeding. Well, there are some people at soq who have endless pairings. They have some that have never bred while they have had pairings who either win every month or every other month. I mean.. some people rarely have a month go by when they don't have a basket at all or a new shiny custom or else along the lines... for those people to win yet another breeding with soqs in their teepee who they haven't bred before probably isn't going to do anything to appease the droves of breeding newbies in the shop overall.

I know I haven't won a slot in a long time, but I have won breedings before. It is exciting, and I think it's great to see when the colorists offer slots for at least one person receiving a basket to be a breeding newbie. That way everyone gets to have that experience. :3  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games