Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Throwbacks Permissions ideas/discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel in reagrds to banning throwbacks.
everyone should be allow to use them with no limits
61%
 61%  [ 74 ]
ppl should be allowed to choose who they want to use their soqs throwbacks and who they don't want using them
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Everyone should be able to freely use throwbacks, but a do not use thread would be great for ppl who do not want specific soqs used without permission
27%
 27%  [ 33 ]
don't care either suits me! GOLD!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Suggestion - Post in thread.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 121

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:29 pm
I agree pinch. a lot of this is stemming from personally being banned from using certain soqs and only jsut me. i didn;t think it was fair at all. and it hurt revel alot. she should not be punished like that cuz someone has personal issues/hates me. honestly i want option 3 up there. it caters to free use without permission, but an option for ppl who don;t want certain ones used by anyone whatsoever for any reason. thats why i like the compromise of it. a line needs to be drawn somewhere. or we are gonna have more and more ppl banning other ppl from using throwbacks simply over stupid issues like this.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 pm
What I am referring to, is that basicly. YOu are breeding the two current soq, bringing up past ones is just weird. The two already have traits from the past, so why not just leave it like that?

I feel like.. in a way its just some people's attempt to pull off more past traits to newer ones.

I am just basicly saying I got a custom, it bred, the foals have some of mine's traits, but I think that bringing back mine three generations down is kind of silly.

Some can agree to it if they want, but I think when the soq have bred the traits were already passed. That is all. I don't want to have to go and say yes every time someone wants to breed my King's great grand kids.

My answer will 90% of the time be no.  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:44 pm
Steal
What I am referring to, is that basicly. YOu are breeding the two current soq, bringing up past ones is just weird. The two already have traits from the past, so why not just leave it like that?

I feel like.. in a way its just some people's attempt to pull off more past traits to newer ones.

It is not pulling off anything. It is giving the colorists a little more to work with and gives the possibility of some surprises with what the foals might look like. My boy Walerian has a throwback to his grandparents with his coloring on his wings, but otherwise looks like his parents.

I don't see why it would be a big deal. Throwbacks are usually nothing more than a marking here, a different color there, or possibly some little accessory.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm
So here's another argument. Say two 2nd Gen Soquili breed. By default not only are they getting traits from the parents, but also the grandparents simply because the parents are each 2nd Gen to begin with. So in hindsight this could only be remotely workable if both parents were 1st Gen. Unless you plan to tell the colorists how they should color the kids. Which, to me, is just plain stupid and wrong to begin with.  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm

I have to say I agree with having a thread that removes permissions from certain horses so they can not be used.

Not only do I have a couple of OCs of mine that are near and dear to me, but I even have a Soq where someone tried to steal the concept and STILL got a knockoff.

Why shouldnt I be able to pull said stolen Soq's genes if I want to, to ensure that said thief wasnt able to get her hands on them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm
After reading many good points on this I am just going to say: Leave it alone. I think the system works fine how it is. I am so happy when I see a throwback given to the kids of my very first Soquili. It keeps him a part of this world and often gives me material for rp. It really just adds to the family aspect of the shop and it really doesn't push my buttons to see Callan's green eyes in Lumriel's child. I think it is neat. Leave it be!!  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Also, on the comment that throwbacks are 'little marks here and there', thats not always true.

My recent breeding has throwbacks more from the grandparents and great-grandmother that equal the amount that was taken from the parents.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Steal
This may seem wrong to point out, but I can see that throwbacks actually make no sense. YOu are breeding the CURRENT two soq, thus have no real right to past genes. IF someone purchased a custom, and it is fancy, but the one you got from the breeding isn't, you shouldn't have the right to say.. hey I want to go back and take his marks since the owner didn't give me one with them before.

Throwbacks are just a cheap way for people to complain and say they want to take markings from old soq. Stick to how it was. You are breeding A and B, not their parents.

Yes, they are the current pair, but it doesn't mean that it's impossible to get traits from previous generations. I honestly think it helps Soq families become very vibrant, and the fact that people find it fun if some great-grand parents' gene pops up. As others have said, it is colorist choice if they show up or not. It's not like referencing Soq says "YEAH. WE'LL BE SURE TO PUT THESE TRAITS IN!" The colorists get to have more artistic freedom when coloring the foal/adults... And I'm pretty sure that's why they put in the throwback option.

Even if the traits don't show on the soq, it doesn't mean that the traits are not there in their genetics.

Say you breed your first gen pair, and then want to breed your baby from that breeding with another Soq. Would you not like throwbacks then when you adore some sort of marking on one of the parents?

I honestly feel kind of sad that things like 'stealing' are being referenced. I don't even understand how it's really stolen. Neph already said previously that no matter how a breeding may look like, the OC's personality and such is all yours, something that no one can take from you. I'm pretty sure people know the concept of breeding. If you don't really want your traits of precious Soq passed down, then as others have said, don't breed it. Create some custom family for it or something if you don't want traits passed down...  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 pm
I think Throwbacks are still fairly new to the shop. They were placed in by some 'demand' I feel like... because they were so popular in another shop. Soq existed for years without using them. So I wouldn't mind seeing them not used since ... 99.9% I say no to them anyways.

And something else. I know there are people out there that say "if I give you this basket, you can't breeding with So and so and this person and that person."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:30 pm
So just curious?:

If you banned a soq from throwbacks, but they had produced the prominent trait that ran down through the line (eg...tree on back...all offspring produced before the ban had a tree/vines in some variation) what would happen?  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm
FitzRoyal
So just curious?:

If you banned a soq from throwbacks, but they had produced the prominent trait that ran down through the line (eg...tree on back...all offspring produced before the ban had a tree/vines in some variation) what would happen?

I guess if less and less of the future generations had the trees and stuff, eventually, there wouldn't be any. I mean... since they would become less and less prominent in the kids, then their kids would have it less, etc. Or it would end up being a leaf in the hair or something x: (assuming if these tree-folk bred constantly with tree-less soq ~)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 pm
ATh e a r t

I honestly feel kind of sad that things like 'stealing' are being referenced. I don't even understand how it's really stolen. Neph already said previously that no matter how a breeding may look like, the OC's personality and such is all yours, something that no one can take from you. I'm pretty sure people know the concept of breeding. If you don't really want your traits of precious Soq passed down, then as others have said, don't breed it. Create some custom family for it or something if you don't want traits passed down...

If this is in ref to what I said, please read what I wrote again.

The person stole the concept of the OC for a 1st Gen and tried to get my OC for themselves. This had nothing to do with a breeding.

As of yet, that Soq hasnt even bred, but if it did, I would think Im entitled to keep them from getting their hands on part of a concept they tried to steal outright in the first place, and almost got away with. SO yes, for a moment they DID take it from me, and I had to fight almost a year to get it fixed right.

Also, its not 'sad' especially when you dont know the entire story.

If you arent referring to my post, then disregard this. Your post just sounded condescending and like it was referring mine, so I felt the need to clarify. c:

Fitz: The breeding still uses the parents. If one of the parents had those aspects, they would be free game. This is only regarding throwbacks from previous gens before the parents.

Ktns

Lunatic

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:51 pm
Etherial Requiem

If this is in ref to what I said, please read what I wrote again.

The person stole the concept of the OC for a 1st Gen and tried to get my OC for themselves. This had nothing to do with a breeding.

As of yet, that Soq hasnt even bred, but if it did, I would think Im entitled to keep them from getting their hands on part of a concept they tried to steal outright in the first place, and almost got away with. SO yes, for a moment they DID take it from me, and I had to fight almost a year to get it fixed right.

Also, its not 'sad' especially when you dont know the entire story.

If you arent referring to my post, then disregard this. Your post just sounded condescending and like it was referring mine, so I felt the need to clarify. c:

Fitz: The breeding still uses the parents. If one of the parents had those aspects, they would be free game. This is only regarding throwbacks from previous gens before the parents.

Oh no xD I don't even think I read yours oxo; Even if your OC is a soq though, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to RP it the same way or give it the same exact personality as you have it o: I mean... Yeah, visually it would look like your OC, but again, IC-ly probably not.

It is sad because I personally feel like a lot of this arises from personal issues more than anything else. x.x; I mean, that person stealing your OC had no right doing so, but if they breed it and the future generations want traits from the previous generation, it's not like it's the fault of future owners o:

And the fact that I was talking more about breeding Soq more than anything else. If the problem was solved between you and the person that stole your OC, I'm pretty sure if the staff is with you, they could make the Soq infertile c:  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 pm
hmm ok...so as long as the parents still had an aspect of the tree, the person with the banned soq would still have no say in it. Good to know, thanks guys.  

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:57 pm

AT: Ah no worries then c: *snugs* Thanks for clearing that up O: Sometimes its just hard to read over text, yanno? And I would rather ask than sit here wondering XD

Fitz: *nods* Throwbacks are just that c: Options from previous generations.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff