Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Throwbacks Permissions ideas/discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel in reagrds to banning throwbacks.
everyone should be allow to use them with no limits
61%
 61%  [ 74 ]
ppl should be allowed to choose who they want to use their soqs throwbacks and who they don't want using them
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Everyone should be able to freely use throwbacks, but a do not use thread would be great for ppl who do not want specific soqs used without permission
27%
 27%  [ 33 ]
don't care either suits me! GOLD!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Suggestion - Post in thread.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 121

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:41 pm
hibi-tea
If restrictions on throwbacks are going to occur, than it needs to be a blanket "Do Not Use" deal.

I dislike the idea of people being spitefully punished because there is a falling out between individuals. You made your bed with that person, and the mature thing to do is lay in it.

Also it's mostly in agreement that having to gain permission for each and every throwback in a family is a pain in the a**. If that had to be done in SoA, some people would be driven absolutely mad. So I can see where it could potentially drive people bonkers over here, especially if your Soq is from a long standing or prolific family.

With the relation to SoA here to the topic, there are a few people I've had some particularly bad experiences with. Some I didn't really like to begin with, others REALLY bad blood came up. Does this mean I'm going to block them from using my pets for throwbacks? No, because I chose to breed the pets, I chose to give the resulting offspring out, and once they're out of my hands, what the owner does with that SoA and resulting offspring is their thing. A bigger thing with SoA, though, is that you can link to your SoA's not only parents, grandparents, etc.... You can link to their various aunts and uncles and siblings for throwbacks. Soquili is far simpler, with just parents, grandparents, etc. back through the line, and yet it still gets complicated.

I agree with the sentiment of "Don't want someone you don't like possibly having a horse in the line? Don't breed it." There's always the risk that somebody I don't like will get, somewhere far down the line, one of Ishara or Engel's descendants, and I will be upset... But to block them from having throwbacks is just spiteful, mean, and cruel, and about as mature as a 6-year-old girl calling a 6-year-old boy a booger-brained poop eater. It's also not as simple as an umbrella "No throwbacks from this horse", either, since... The horse bred, its genes are out there.

I'm curious, though... Mialee, would you be willing to PM me about the line in question...? Because if the whole line is unedited with markings that are common, then it's purely an OOC thing and pure spite.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 pm
I'd rather not. I do not wish to reveal the line or who owns them as I don't feel its really anyone's business to know aside from who is involved. and also I do not wish for drama and problems to arise for said ppl should others decide to contact them. it would be in bad taste in my opinion  

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm
Celeanor
Genes are genes are genes. I'm not fond of restricting the creativity of colorists in general... or making life difficult for those who are doing breedings (which don't pay a lot and require quite a bit of work.) I personally have a lot of fun with watching throwbacks, like the trio that just popped. Their coloring clearly goes back to grandparents, and I <3 it!

So my vote goes to unrestricted, based on the simple fact that if I gave you a basket... I have given you permission to reference my family lines. Even if I hate your guts sometime in the future, that doesn't change the fact that I DID give you a basket once upon a time, and you are fully entitled to do with that basket what you wish. It would be...
A) A pain in the a** to regulate on the part of staffers.
B) Mean-spirited and downright childish.

And finally it would lead into a spiraling effect of drama and angst nobody needs.

But I understand having omg precious OCs or ubar-1337 omgcustomzmutantz. I really do. That STILL doesn't change the fact that choosing your soquili's breeding partner and the owner of said partner carefully, as well as any future basket owners would totally prevent 99% of the counter arguments in this thread. Put some thought into it, don't be terribly picky about everything (for example, you have all white soquili and you want the whole line white. This is admirable, but turning down a super AWESOME partner who you know you could trust because of it is silly) and you won't have problems. And as someone mentioned before, if you dislike what someone does eventually do with your lines... write them out of your storyline. Its really... really... really not that hard.

*thumbs up @ all* <3

I was writing up a long post but there's no point. Basically this ^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 pm
Okay, I've read through like the first two pages of this thread and I really don't see any logic reason behind this suggestion besides 'I had a falling out with this person and I want to ban them from using my lines for throwbacks!'

Really, if that's how petty the argument wants to get, take it to one of the staff members and talk to them about it - which apparently you've done - and then they'll get in trouble for doing it.

This idea is just going to cause unnecessary drama and segregation of people who are already segregated enough. This store is subject to the folly of cliques I thought I wouldn't have to deal with after leaving high school.

While I haven't had a breeding, I was given a basket and I'm assuming since they trusted me enough to give the basket they trusted me enough to use the family for throwbacks.

If this was something that was frowned upon the option wouldn't be given on the form for throwbacks & links to previous gens.

Using someone's soq for reference for a custom without permission is a whole different matter and if someone did that to me and came out with a clone of my soq, I'd be pissed.

But throwbacks are genes. They happen. Like people have said, I can't choose who my future children get their genes from; it just happens.

If you don't want your soq used in throwbacks; don't breed them. Simple as that. Or have a group of people and keep the soq in that group.

I didn't know people could be so petty.

That being said, should I ever have previous gens for other people; you're free to use them in throwbacks. XD  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm
LOLTERNATIVE
Okay, I've read through like the first two pages of this thread and I really don't see any logic reason behind this suggestion besides 'I had a falling out with this person and I want to ban them from using my lines for throwbacks!'

Really, if that's how petty the argument wants to get, take it to one of the staff members and talk to them about it - which apparently you've done - and then they'll get in trouble for doing it.

This idea is just going to cause unnecessary drama and segregation of people who are already segregated enough. This store is subject to the folly of cliques I thought I wouldn't have to deal with after leaving high school.

While I haven't had a breeding, I was given a basket and I'm assuming since they trusted me enough to give the basket they trusted me enough to use the family for throwbacks.

If this was something that was frowned upon the option wouldn't be given on the form for throwbacks & links to previous gens.

Using someone's soq for reference for a custom without permission is a whole different matter and if someone did that to me and came out with a clone of my soq, I'd be pissed.

But throwbacks are genes. They happen. Like people have said, I can't choose who my future children get their genes from; it just happens.

If you don't want your soq used in throwbacks; don't breed them. Simple as that. Or have a group of people and keep the soq in that group.

I didn't know people could be so petty.

That being said, should I ever have previous gens for other people; you're free to use them in throwbacks. XD
-Double like-  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:26 pm
Just as a Heads up -- we will be discussing this shortly at this upcoming staff meeting. ^^ Please be patient, we're going to figure out a something. An Answer should be coming within a week.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 pm
Final saying is that we are banning people from removing throwbacks. It's because there are people who are abusing it and causing the staff too much stress. The pets are the ones suffering here because their genes are being stolen away from them just because their owners have issues with certain people. All current bans on throwbacks are hereby abolished.

Thanks,
Soq Staff  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas