Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Dungeon
Empty Dungeon Rooms level 2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:39 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
Allen smiled at the offered help and nodded in thanks to the Slytherin (again, stepping back from his set in assumptions for the House). Though Woil was no where near being heavy, it was still hard to carry the weight of another almost completely. Woil's state seemed to deteriorate further and Allen couldn't add the coughing to anything more than the possible smoke inhalation. He had tried comparing it to his father's states, but it was never coughing. Even near the end.
"Allen Rhoddes," he offered his terribly overdue introduction. Finally, the group began to make way toward the stairs and the Wing. Everyone seemed occupied with some burden or another, except for the fiery red-head. Allen questioned it for a moment, but when he saw her eyes, he knew her emotions were weighting down on her just as heavily as Woil was weighting on his shoulder. He left her in peace, allowing her to fall back and keep to her thoughts. He felt the most confused by the entirety of the situation, but it did not seem to bother him as much as he had expected it to.
Still no time for questions, it seemed.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“With silence comes freedom, with freedom comes peace, with peace comes silence.”
– Poets of the Fall
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi followed behind Colton and Jane, eyes lowered to the ground as she watched her own feet carry her. She sensed more than she saw Ronyo pace in front of her to meet with the previous Hufflepuff boy. She listened and did not look up when the Slytheirn offered his help to him. But once their sizable group began to finally move in whole, she peered up to see who this secondary injured person was.
Eyes widened when she saw the longish brown hair of the Woil boy as he was carried by both the newly-introduced Allen and Ronyo.
She immediately fell back, finding her place at the end of their line. Eyes stared hard at the back of the other Ravenclaw's head. He seemed semi conscience and in a similar state to Jane's. For him, she felt very little guilt. She needed to confront him, question him, answer her building questions. Her mind immediately began planning for when would be best.
Without realizing, her heart began to beat harder and her pace had again returned to the finely executed quiet step she had adapted during the fire.

{ooc: go ahead and post on either the staircase or in the Wing now.}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 pm
Dungeon/ Empty Dungeon Rooms level 2 User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Ronyo nodded as they entered the classroom and looked at his two wands at the same time. Using just one would increase his successful output during difficult times, and it was not like he would neglect his twin wand training. With a sigh and a nod Ronyo gave his Blackwood a few spins and put it away as he spun his Ash wand in his right hand. He was ambidextrous but favored his right at times so it would be the best one to start with.

"Probably for the best, with both wands I have to focus and take time to cast spells. If I had the element of surprise it might work for an initial volley but likely not as a primary combat tactic for the time being. Well then I'm ready for whatever you can throw at me," Ronyo slightly regretted that statement as it left his mouth but held firm to it.

If he could take being blasted by a seventh year and the dueling club president he could take shots from anyone under him for sure. Although he needed to make sure to not underestimate his opponents for they would likely not fight fair or give warning to an attack. Ronyo would have to make sure his senses, all six of them, were always ready.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara smirked and shut the door behind then, locking it wandlessly from the inside. That should prevent prying eyes from interfering. She watched him spin one of his wands then sheathe it and talk about surprise and combat. "Hell, if you can do it, try wandless magic." She stepped in front of him and raised her hands, conjuring fireballs in her palms. She winked and threw them into the fireplace. "Incendio, conjured wandlessly and silently. It took me a while to get the silent part down, and still am struggling a bit. But wandless magic came to me like I was destined for it." She turned her back to Ronyo and walked towards the fire she had started. "Alright, so you know how to handle yourself in a friendly duel. I've seen that already," she said with a smirk. Then she continued, "As you can imagine, in a hostile duel, you don't act a thing like that. It takes intense focus to be able to handle yourself in an actual duel." She sighed, memories of her duel beside Einar flashing in her mind. Unconsciously, she touched the amulet around her neck. "Do you know the Shield Charm yet?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 pm
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Ronyo watched the girl create fire in her open hands and toss it to the fireplace. The second year did all he could not to have his jaw go slack and appear as if he was completely astounded, even though he was. He made a mental note to never do anything to upset the blonde lion for she truly was an avatar of her house's mascot.

As Tamara spoke of real duels in real situations she touched her necklace once again. It appeared to be an amulet of sorts and by the way she rubbed it while speaking it was likely an absentminded action. Such an action was from countless performing of an action until it became muscle memory. Ronyo was surprised there was not a streak mark on the jewel were she touched it constantly. That and Ronyo did not want to make it seem like he was staring at the girls chest and give off a measure of infamous Slytherin ideas.

"I know of the charm but have not learned it personally. I know the disarming charm now, along with the severing charm I have been working on. As far as defensive spells go I know finite and the area version as well."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

She frowned slightly and turned to face Ronyo. "Finite is only good for ending an ongoing spell's effect. It won't help much in a duel unless you're being silenced or bound. No, the Shield Charm is possibly the most important spell you could know. It's actually really simple... and I know Eldak is going to kill me for this, but I'll teach it to you." She took out her white hornbeam wand. "It's really simple, actually. You just have to imagine a barrier between you and your opponent. Then you move your wand in a backwards c motion and say the incantation." She moved her wand as she described and said, "Pro-TAY-goh." A blueish-white light appeared between them, glowing as long as she held her wand up. Lowering her wand, she nodded. "That'll reflect most spells, though of course not the Killing Curse. Should that be thrown, dodge. And it doesn't repel solid objects. Only spells. Solid objects is a much harder spell known as Fianto Duri. I only learned it this year, actually." She sighed and rested her wand hand on her hip and looked at her wand. "Did you know that this hornbeam wand isn't my first wand? My first wand was a yew, actually."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:14 am
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Listening to Tamara Ronyo could understand the use of the shielding charm but was still curious about all the possible uses from the finite spell, or more specifically finite incantatum. If the spell essentially turned off any spell in an area radius could it not be used as a counter to an incoming spell? It was a question worth asking as Ronyo watched the Gryffindor go through the motion of the shielding charm.

“Could you use finite incantatum to stop a spell from ever reaching you?” Ronyo was mimicking Tamara’s wand movement to get a feel for the motion as he spoke.

Hearing her speak of the wand she held now being her second wand had Ronyo filled with questions. By having to get a new wand a wizard or witch had to form a new bond with it quickly as they would likely be better in the know of spells that would wish to perform before the wand might make a full bond with the caster.

“Is there anything you have done to strengthen your bond with the new wand other than just constant practice? I have a feeling that bond is a large part to my twin wands as I have to try and gain a cohesion with two at the same time,” as Ronyo found some rhythm with the motion and put the idea of a shield in his mind he stood ready, “Well no time like the present I guess only way to test it is to block something,” Ronyo held a grin that was indeed a defense to what he knew would be a round of mistimed blocks and several times being knocked to the ground.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 am
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara sighed at the boy's first question and shrugged her shoulders. "It doesn't work like that. I don't exactly know why, but it only works on ongoing spells." She pointed her wand and the ceiling and cast the the Weather-Changing jinx on the ceiling. It started to snow in the empty classroom. 'See, finite would work here, but not if I threw a disarming charm at you. Because it will keep snowing until I stop it, whereas the Expelliarmus will stop when it hits a target." She waved her wand and it stopped snowing. He asked about her wand. "Well, I was lucky I guess. The hornbeam wand bonds quickly with its master. That's what the man at Ollivander's told me. He said that hornbeam wood bonds quickly is capable of great spells. I practiced hard with this wand though and fought in a life or death duel with it. It never failed me..." Again, idly, she touched the pendant around her neck before smirking at Ronyo. "Alright, you wanna practice the Shield Charm? I'll go easy on you. Defend yourself," she said and raised her wand. Quickly, she parted the desk, pushing them off to the sides to give them a dueling space. "Expelliarmus," she said aloud, using vocal spells so Ronyo could counter them better.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:22 am
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

It was good to know about the finite spell a bit more, as he had thought to try such a counter should he find himself in a position. The more information he gained from his time learning under Tamara was more he could take with him into a real duel and also more he could pass on to his friend to keep them better prepared for whatever came their way.

With Tamara ready to oblige his request of trying out the spell Ronyo readied him in a dueling stance resembling a fencing form with his Ash wand pointing at his opponent. Ronyo made sure to keep his knees bent and body fluid and ready to move and flow when the time came. While he would be outright defending he always wanted to stay ready to move just in case. As the spell was fired Ronyo broght up his wand to cast the charm.

“Pro-TAY…”

He was cut off as the spell from Tamara’s wand collided with him and knocked him down to one knee and caused his wand to flip out of his hand. Ronyo growled at the pain but did not faultier as he stood up and brought out his Blackwood wand to recall his Ash wand. Once again with one wand and ready to try again Ronyo nodded to Tamara. She fired salvo after salvo of spells at the second year Slytherin and more times than not Ronyo wound either his timing slightly off or the spell not firing the way it should. He found himself looking at the stone ground more times than he would have liked to start off his advanced training but it was better than being attacked by someone who truly wanted to do him harm. After each fall or slam or knockback Ronyo got back up and readied himself again.

His timing was improving as was his technique and form as Ronyo found he was beginning to learn how to judge the distance between himself and his opponent better along with the speed of travel from the spell. He was starting to understand better how the process of the charm worked and his mental focus began to clean up and sharpen.

“Alright, again please unless I’m unconscious I don’t want to stop.”

((OOC: I pushed a few narrative tried in the post so we didn't just fill the thread with the same try a few dozen times. Fill free to do the same if you fill it will work with the flow of the event.))

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

She smirked when he got up again, tired and exhausted yet still eager to try. He reminded her a lot of her when she was cramming this spell, pushing her limits until they broke, then pushing them further. She lowered her wand for a moment. "You know, I was a lot like you. Still am. Pushing myself too hard. Not that I won't push you as hard as I pushed myself. I'm just warning you.. It can be rough. Brutal, even. Though, of course, I won't torture you like I was. Now, another fun thing about this spell, if you time it just right, you can even reflect the spell cast at you back at its caster. So, try again?" she asked, raising her wand. Quickly, she cast the Disarming Charm at Ronyo again.

{Normally, I would object, but that was essentially what I was gonna do.}  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 pm
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

This girl must have been through a lot, likely more than the second year could ever truly guess. He was proud that she had compared the two in their drive to push themselves to the limits and beyond, it gave him hope for what he could achieve down the line. As Tamara spoke about reflecting a spell back the boy refocused his mind on the task at hand and prepared himself.

He felt like he had the timing down much better than before but now it would need to be perfect. The image of Tamara's spell bouncing off Ronyo's magical shield and rebounding back was in his mind and he readied his feet for what would likely be a bit of a hit even with the block and deflection. The spell streaked in and Ronyo moved his wand and called the spell.

"Pro-TAY-goh!"

A blue green shield appeared seconds before the disarming spell was to collide with Ronyo. The spell hit the shield and was redirected but not back at Tamara but into the ceiling. Despite the misdirected rebound Ronyo smiled at his first truly successful casting of the spell in a duel, or at least a training duel. Ronyo had felt the flow of the spell much easier and with less strain than the other times he had just let the spell do its thing and made the correct motion and movements. A phrase from one of his books came to his mind and he smiled with a small epiphany hitting him, be like water move and flow with your surroundings don't try and push to fast or hold back what cannot be stopped.

"Alright once could be just luck and I don't intend on trying to brew any just to carry around on a whim. I'm ready to go again or for whatever else you wished to do."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara smirked when the boy managed to deflect her spell into the ceiling and released a light sigh. "Very good," she commented and clapped her hands. "Yes, I understand that. I'll keep pushing you until every single spell I throw at you is reflected or deflected.So, wand at the ready." She drew in a deep breath and raised her wand, throwing more Disarming Charms at her student.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Ronyo stood breathing heavily as sweat drops angled across his jaw and fell from his chin. His normally well taken care of white hair was plastered to his head with strands dangling ever so whispfully in front of his green eyes. The long pony tail behind him showed signs of needing to be redone or it threatened to run wild down his back. The Slytherin held his wand low but still pointing at Tamara incase she through another spell at him again.

He had done well for his first attempt to use a spell a bit advanced for himself. Once he had gotten rhythm the shield charm came easier and with less need to focus on the spell and more on the timing. Tamara showed why she was the head of the dueling club by keeping Ronyo on his toes the whole time. Never once did she fire a spell the same way or in the same direction twice in a row, and when she did show signs of a pattern she changed up just as it became apparent. In all likelihood she was still going easy on the second year but Ronyo still felt accomplished for still standing after such a vicious volley of various spells. He had managed to block around seventy-five percent of the spells, with about a fifty percent deflection rate, and out of that about twenty percent went back towards Tamara. All and all not a bad first run.

Still Ronyo waited to see if she would continue the lesson or if she would call it a day. Ronyo felt like he could go no further physically but mentally he was finding multiple levels of enjoyment in the highly engaging combat training. He had pushed himself a lot in the past days and likely he would continue to do that for as long as he could for as long as he had friends to protect and people who he might be able to save.

"I...I can keep going if need be...a real enemy would not take pity on me just because I was tired or out of breath. It's your time and lesson though Tamara so I'm ready either way."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara noticed the boy getting sweaty while she managed to not even break a sweat at the exercise. Then again, she wasn't the one exerting herself harshly; and compared to Eraz's work outs, this was a breeze. However, she could tell that the younger Slytherin was exhausting himself. She was impressed by his heart and willingness to push himself. Probably should have been a Gryffindor, she thought to herself, amused at her thought. "No. There's a difference between pushing yourself and driving yourself to the brink of exhaustion. You've gotten pretty damn good with the shield spell. I think we'll break for now." She put her wand back in her pocket and recovered her bag from where she dropped. Reaching her hand inside, she recovered a large water bottle, which she tossed to Ronyo. "Here, cool off for a minute," she said, and took another bottle from her bag. "You know, the year's almost over and after that... I'm gone. Graduating. If you want to keep up these lessons, I could teach you some things over the summer, of course, though you wouldn't be able to practice them until you came back to Hogwarts."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
second Year

Ronyo caught the water bottle and gave Tamara a nod in thanks for the rest and the hydration. He felt accomplished for having gained a fair amount of confidence in the shield spell and hoped it would truly come in handy down the line. In all honesty he did wish that his new understanding of the charm would not have to be necessary but he somehow doubted that. Ronyo’s head did peak up as Tamara mentioned teaching him once school was over for the summer. He had not even thought about asking such a thing but the prospect of getting extra training over the summer, something he could pass along to his friends and help them protect them was just too good to pass up. That said he did not want to seem like a goof jumping at the idea.

“If it would not be a burden on you then I would be a fool to say no Tamara. Anything I can learn to defend and safeguard my friends is more than welcome. Just let me know what I need to do and I will be there.” Ronyo took a large swig of water and slowly let it go down his throat to avoid upsetting his stomach, “I think I’m going to go clean up a bit and then go see Phi in the Hospital, see if she has regained consciousness yet. Thank you again Tamara for the help, and just let me know when you are available again.”

Ronyo wanted to see if there was any change in Phi’s condition at all and maybe learn who it was that put her in the Hospital. It was not like it was a hard conclusion to come to but evidence was always needed before a conviction. However Ronyo was unsure how he would proceed once he learned the truth he knew was coming. Whatever happened he would do his best to be prepared for it.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:53 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara nodded to the boy. "If she's up,pass along my condolences. Remember, any information you collect on Dante Prince." She took a long sip from her water bottle then sighed. "I'll send you a message for our next training session." She sat on a desk and pulled her legs up onto the desk, stretching out. She decided a nice jog down around the lake might make her feel less tense, but she would wait until Ronyo left. She waved her hand towards the door, unlocking it.  
The Dungeon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff