Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaalbacca

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 pm
Im 25 going on 26 the end of the month, and have never been on a date or dated anyone I guess because Im shy. Im just wondering if theres anyone else like me thats never dated.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm
Nope married here..... Sorry dude  

Razzdango

Ruthless Grabber

10,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 pm
Up until about last year or so when I tried out online dating I never had either. And I don't really count the one a friend tried to set me up on way back in high school since that turned into a disaster. I'm 27 and honestly its really not that big of a deal. If it happens it happens. If not, meh you got good friends and a full life ahead of you. Don't sweat the small stuff. User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm
I have heard of people who are single there whole life and they are still happy about how there life turned out. may of gone out here there but mostly single most there life.  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Prince Darialan

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm
33 and still wanting at least one date. Not so much shy as much as being socially clumsy and awkward and not knowing what to say and everything. I have AS.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 am
I've never been on a date, but I have a good life and good friends so I don't worry about it too much life's to short really. If it'll happen it'll happen. heart

But saying that been flirted with which have been met ( by me) blank looks and a puzzled expression  

Zealand_Aquarius

Barton Sweetheart

Whip

Whip

Stellar Succubus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:01 am
I've been married... never been on a date. :/

I give my milk for free, apparently confused  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:54 pm
I've never dated anyone, never kissed anyone.

I'm only 22 but still..I know a lot of my friends who are dating someone/have dated someone/are engaged or married.  

VampireQueen1389

Mega Genius

11,750 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Bah! People seemed to be getting engaged/married as soon as they get a kid or fresh out of high school and it seems like they miss out on a lot. But oh well that may be from just my perspective. Marriage works for some people. But from my 3rd wheel view on engagements through my friends coming and going it seems more like a chore to be engaged then happiness.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm
I can't say never, but my experience is rather more limited than anyone else I know in real life, and I'm 29. Not counting my brother, who's never dated in any way, shape, or form, and he's 26 as well. Personally, I think it's more important to be happy with who you are than to hook up with somebody you may not be compatible with. Everyone I know is looking desperately for someone to be with, just to have someone to be with, or already married with two or three kids, even the punk girl I knew in college. I find it kind of sad. I am content with my life. Certainly, there are things I'd like to improve, but shoehorning someone else into my lifestyle would not be the way to do that.

Prince Darialan Love
33 and still wanting at least one date. Not so much shy as much as being socially clumsy and awkward and not knowing what to say and everything. I have AS.

If that is you in your sig, Darialan, you are awesome for having a Perry on your shoulder. eek  

purpleravenhawk

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 pm
Dating is...hmm...well its hit and miss to be honest. And even after that a lot of them tend to be kind of s**t. not horrible, but like, boring or too conflicting.

The way I see it, it's not about finding the one, its about having fun with someone you get along with. Good sex tends to be a plus in the scheme of things. Maybe focus on getting a one nighter before a date?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53 pm
I consider dating just practice for when I get into a real relationship. I don't want to find a girl I actually really like and just be completely inept at conversation and make a really bad first impression. I want to make sure I'm comfortable around women and can hold a conversation and that isn't gonig to happen unless I get out there and actually do it. I've never had to ask anyone out before, but I know how to build up... certain tensions by flirting in conversation and the girl will bring it up at some point or another. Or not. Either way I probably enjoyed the convesation. Though being good looking and having a reputation hasn't hurt me either. whee  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 am
o8Orobouros8o
Maybe focus on getting a one nighter before a date?
That's some of the most terrible advice in this thread. Pushing aside that I have a different view on dating than you, this advice is still terrible because in the long run, nothing is gained from it. It's only a temporary fix and any satisfaction to be had from the experience will wear off in no time. On top of that, knowing you were "one of -those- people" that went for one night stands could very well scare away those that might have been interested in being more than a one-nighter. {Although, I've found there are also some women who find it attractive, so I guess it can go either way. Men, on the other hand, generally don't tend to find one-nighting women very attractive unless he just wants a one-nighter from her.}

And because one night stands and dating require different approaches, if one only knows how to pick up a one night stand, that isn't going to help them when they are ready to start dating. They could end up with poor judgement as far as being able to pick out someone worth keeping around goes, and/or will try to rush things, making the relationship burn out before it even truly gets started.

I know very well that being a one-nighter kind of person by no means necessarily ruins your future {given you don't end up with some kind of incurable disease from it}, but in the context of someone inquiring about dating, one night stands are not going to help them. At most, it might make them feel better for a short while until it sinks in that they'll have to pick up someone else if they want it again, which of course could turn into something like an addiction really quick. After that, it may eventually occur to them that they have to keep picking up different people because no one person wants to stick around, and then in the end feel just as bad if not worse about themselves because they'll think it's due to them being unlikeable as far as connecting with someone emotionally goes.

Considering I've currently got a character in Geezerville doing one-nighters, posting this now is kind of ironic rofl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 am
ThisEmptySoul
o8Orobouros8o
Maybe focus on getting a one nighter before a date?
That's some of the most terrible advice in this thread. Pushing aside that I have a different view on dating than you, this advice is still terrible because in the long run, nothing is gained from it.

Actually, something called Confidence is gained from it. After you take care of primal physical needs you end up with a better view of what you do and don't want in someone because you stop seeing everyone in a physical sense and start seeing people in more of a moral sense. Thats they way it worked for me. I was more relaxed and confident and I ended up having a great relationship afterwards.

I've had several healthy relationships build from something that started as physical. I don't know what kind of things you've been doing, but I think it's very healthy to get out and induldge in the physical before a serious relationship.

Also, it's called protection, what sort of idiototic irresponsible ***** wouldn't use it?

Besides, where's your advice? You just came in here and started condeming me because of my opinion and arguing with it instead of giving out something useful/helpful. You started focusing entirely on the bad instead of the positive and honestly no one likes that.  

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

blue_muffin_cake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 pm
23, only been on one date years ago and all I can say about it is 'meh...'

It's mostly because I tend to put it off because of school or other priorities. It doesn't help that my only dating experience was underwhelming.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff