Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
3DS! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 pm
I am a bit of a Nintendo fan, so I was one of those people who rushed out and got a 3DS on the day they were released. And I haven't been let down by it in the slightest - it's actually so much better than I was expecting.
I love how the augmented reality works, and I love how it incorporates your surroundings into games, it's as if you're fighting things that are in the same room as you. And the 3D is awesome, needless to say, though not so good when other people are watching, because everyone but the player will be seeing double.

I am keeping my DSi to be my Pokemon DS now, and I'll be using the 3DS for 3D games, street pass, etc.
If anyone else has a 3DS, let me know your friend codes so I can add you to my friend register (: My friend code is 2793-0616-8927

Also, has anyone heard of the Nintendo star shop? Nintendo are now giving out unique codes with all games and consoles bought in the last year, and you register the code online to your account, and when you get enough points you can claim cool stuff. I think it's a pretty cool idea, and good marketing, because when you claim the code they ask you a few questions about how you heard about the game/console and what influenced you to buy it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 pm
That shop sounds useful. At Square all you get for registering everything you buy is lame junk mail about every series EXCEPT the one you buy. =C  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm
I REALLY want one, man, but that 3 hour battery life and whole "250 Dollar" price tag ain't helping me out, then again you're Australian, makes no sense for a one legged chicken to be whining to a KFC bucket. So what games didja' get?

I did, only after I lost all my little tickets.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Supar Ingimon
I REALLY want one, man, but that 3 hour battery life and whole "250 Dollar" price tag ain't helping me out, then again you're Australian, makes no sense for a one legged chicken to be whining to a KFC bucket. So what games didja' get?

I did, only after I lost all my little tickets.

Yeah the battery life sucks, but it's to be expected considering how improved the screens and sound is.
Ha, don't even start to complain about the price, they cost $350 RRP over here, and our dollar is even higher than yours at the moment :/
I have Ghost Recon and Rabbids so far. I love Rabbids from the Wii games xD Splinter Cell is the next game I want, and I hear Street Fighter is pretty amazing for it too.

Oh that sucks that you lost them! It doesn't take too much to rack up the points, you get like 250 points per game, and most of the prizes on there are around 1000 points. I got 50 extra points for filling out some feedback for them too (:

Lychee: Yeah, it's pretty cool, I think. There's an exclusive game available with a bunch of original games on it for DS. It's the most expensive, but I want it! Also there's a pack of playing cards that you can put together in a line and they make a picture of all the Nintendo characters (:

I also saw that there is an e-shop coming for 3DS, which has a whole bunch of original Gameboy games available for download.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm
I've had my eye on that WWE wrestling all stars game, it looks like it would play well in 3D. I won't be getting a 3DS for a while though, I need to at least see how good the next PSP device is first.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm
You mentioned that you're keeping your DSi for pokemon. Can you only play 3DS games on the new handheld, or can you play any DS games?  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm
scrub
I've had my eye on that WWE wrestling all stars game, it looks like it would play well in 3D. I won't be getting a 3DS for a while though, I need to at least see how good the next PSP device is first.

I've never been a fan of the PSP, though I hear Sony is bringing out an Android phone that kind of doubles as a PSP looking device, it looks pretty cool.

Fuji: Yeah any DS game will play on the 3DS, they just don't look any different, so I'll just keep playing those games on my DSi since the battery life on it is much better.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:03 am
I want to get one. I... actually should have gotten one at launch but I can sometimes be indecisive.

That and I want to wait for when Resident Evil and/or Kingdom Hearts comes out, among other things.

Superna Zherom

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:14 pm
i want to get the 3DS so bad! But i'm going to wait a little bit. I don't have the money to get it at the moment as it seems i have to get a new laptop now. I also think that like what happened with the first DS in 6 months to a year that nintendo is going to come out with a better version, or the price will drop a little.

I'm hoping either the price drops or a better version soon so that i can get it because the hing on my DS lite broke and is super glued at the moment.

Also i might be able to see the 3D, as i'm just about blind in one eye and that makes the 3D with glasses hard for me to see.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 pm
Undead Honey Cake
i want to get the 3DS so bad! But i'm going to wait a little bit. I don't have the money to get it at the moment as it seems i have to get a new laptop now. I also think that like what happened with the first DS in 6 months to a year that nintendo is going to come out with a better version, or the price will drop a little.

I'm hoping either the price drops or a better version soon so that i can get it because the hing on my DS lite broke and is super glued at the moment.

Also i might be able to see the 3D, as i'm just about blind in one eye and that makes the 3D with glasses hard for me to see.

I highly doubt it will be 6 months before they release a re-design, since they never did that with the old ones. Also, Nintendo is not Apple. DS - 04, DS lite - 06, DSi - 09, DSi XL - 10. There really aren't any physical improvements they could make to it, and they are now rolling out software updates via WiFi, which I think is super convenient.

That's a big problem if you're blind in one eye, you definitely won't be able to see the 3D, as the console projects two screens at different angles and relies on the cross point in your vision to form the 3D image. You will only be seeing it in 2D if you only look at it with one eye ): Unfortunately it will probably be the case now that most game developers will stop creating games for regular DS and start making games for the 3DS. At least the vision won't be blurry for you though, and you could switch the screen to 2D and save battery life.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Drunken Echoes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 pm
I have the Nintendo DSi XL.
My boyfriend got the new one and I think it's really cool. Even thought there aren't a lot of games in 3D still (not there at least). he is totaly in love with his 3DS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Actually there's quite a few games out so far, I was surprised that there's so many already since it's just been released. And of course, there will be more coming, I doubt anyone will be developing normal DS games anymore.
Here is a list of some, and that's not all of them: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/games/

Also for those saying they'll wait a couple months for the price to go down, have a read of this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-25-3ds-price-will-rise-nintendo-warns  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 am
Ugh, never buying a Sony gaming device ever again.
What an absolute wanker. Screw you, Sony. Not just insulting Nintendo, but also Microsoft? Wtf? Is Sony jealous that they didn't sell 8 million units in the first 60 days of its release?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 am
de.Lici.ous
Undead Honey Cake

I highly doubt it will be 6 months before they release a re-design, since they never did that with the old ones. Also, Nintendo is not Apple. DS - 04, DS lite - 06, DSi - 09, DSi XL - 10. There really aren't any physical improvements they could make to it, and they are now rolling out software updates via WiFi, which I think is super convenient.

That's a big problem if you're blind in one eye, you definitely won't be able to see the 3D, as the console projects two screens at different angles and relies on the cross point in your vision to form the 3D image. You will only be seeing it in 2D if you only look at it with one eye ): Unfortunately it will probably be the case now that most game developers will stop creating games for regular DS and start making games for the 3DS. At least the vision won't be blurry for you though, and you could switch the screen to 2D and save battery life.

the thing is i get enough vision in my one 'blind' eye to have good depth perception. i want to try it before i buy it, and as i've had to spend a lot of money on other things it'll be a while before i'm able to buy it anyway.

Yeah so for me it's something i need to try out before i get it. i am hoping it'll work though.  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:51 am
Don't worry, Sony R&D. I know you're not all douches like your CEO! I still love all my little Sony toys, and I still will when he ultimately retires or goes away or whatever happens to jerk CEOs! crying

Maybe he should look at my psp before he makes comments about Microsoft and Nintendo projects being little kid-ish. rofl  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff