Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Moving out, Living with girlfriend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outremangeur

Dapper Fairy

8,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am
I'm really scared.
Neither of us have jobs, but i have 45000 or so in my savings account in the bank (due to my father's death).

I don't like the idea of moving out on limited funds (even if 45000 is quite a bit) and no job,
but I cannot take living with my mother anymore.

* She's extremely cissexist and homophobic.
I'm a lesbian and my girlfriend is trans.
* She has called me a "f*****t," a "freak," "obsessed with M____ (my girlfriend's birthname)" as opposed to in love (because it's simply not possible for us to be in love, apparently) etc.
*She has made numerous mentions of how LGBT+ people should not be able to marry or have kids or be treated "as normal".
* She is extremely controlling, I'm 19 with a 10 o'clock curfew,usually. I have to call her every couple hours when i'm out to tell her where I am, I have to give a detailed account of what i'm going to do before i do it, and if i am even 2 minutes late getting home, she takes my car (which I pay the gas for).
*I've been kicked out for getting angry with her for calling my girlfriend a "drag queen" and "a confused boy who doesn't even know who he is".
*She's spread to my whole family how "disrespectful" and "dishonest" and "irresponsible" I am.
*Even when she is being nice and says she "wants to spend time" with me, it's difficult for me to talk to her.

dfajks
Should I do it?
THe problem I'm having is that I wonder if I'm just being a spoiled child (as she says) or if I really should leave...
I've had numerous people tell me the way she is is abusive, but idk..
I need constant reassurance.
Dx  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:00 pm
I'm not really sure what to tell you. I don't blame you for being scared. Moving out is never easy. I think the 45,000 will keep you and your girlfriend financially secure for awhile, but I would suggest the two of you find a job since that money will eventually run out. I understand how you feel though. I'm tired of living with my mother too, but I have no funds for moving out, and in any case, I will be moving out next year when I transfer to finish my degree.

Your mother sounds a lot like mine. She doesn't approve of being any sexual orientation besides straight. I slightly hinted to her the other day about being transgendered and she got so pissed off that she didn't want to be anywhere near me. That I was sinning and going against God and that I had better been joking and to never talk like that again.

I think if you really feel you can't live with your mother anymore, that you should move out. If all she does is ridicule you, your lifestyle, your friends, and say terrible things about you, I have to wonder if she truly even cares about you. It doesn't sound like the two of you have a close relationship. If you honestly don't see a reason for staying, I would leave. You have the funds to live on your own for awhile. Your happiness is what's most important. You should do what makes you happy, what's best for you.

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces