[A] RL commissions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 pm
I know sirenz does them but can the other artists?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm
We cannot.
Only Sisi has permission from the artist of the lineart for those kinds of rights.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 pm
I wonder if I bought the comishion from her then had her outsorce the Job To another artist. Would that be a sufficient . . .? Happens all the time in RL.
Or
Couldn't y'all petition for permishion as well?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:01 pm
DemonWingedPoetGirl
I wonder if I bought the comishion from her then had her outsorce the Job To another artist. Would that be a sufficient . . .? Happens all the time in RL.
Or
Couldn't y'all petition for permishion as well?

First part = No. The fact that you paid Sisi to do your commission is where the money is. The rest of the staff are not getting paid that money. Difference IRL is that jobs have a payment for everyone.

Petitioning for permission is only if the other colorists want to color for RL money.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:16 pm
When you out source the person who ends up with the outsourced job still gets paid. No work is done for free.

And secondly I am aware of that lol
I'm not saying "HEY YOU ALL NEED TO DO THIS TO MAKE ME HAPPY!! scream scream scream "

I was just wondering if they could.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm
I'm pretty darn sure that Sirenz has an agreement with the lineartist that only she can take RL commissions... and I highly doubt that agreement would allow for this outsourcing you're talking about.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm
DemonWingedPoetGirl
When you out source the person who ends up with the outsourced job still gets paid. No work is done for free.

If you pay Sisi to do a Soq, she would keep the money. She does them because sometimes she needs more money to pay for stuff. So no, in a way, the other colorist would not get paid.

*agrees with Roni*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Seeing as a senior staff member already answered this, Im not sure why its still an issue, especially since this has been answered a lot before, but Ill post a little clarification.

Leelakin made very clear that she will only allow Si to use the lines for RL commissions. The original reason for this was because it allowed Si to also use it as a way to pay for all of the lineart that she commissioned from Lee.

Lee, to this day, has never given permission for anyone else to use the lineart in any other way when it comes to RL cash.

Outsourcing, if you could find a viable loophole, is still just that, a loophole or a flat out disregard for the original agreement and therefore illegal.

You can petition all you want, and for as long as the shop has been around, I dont doubt that it has already been brought up to Lee. But the fact remains, its HER art, and she has the final say of what happens to it. Petition or not, she doesnt have to let anyone use it other than Si.

Another point, is that I believe Lee has also wiped her hands of Gaia long ago. Its kinda rude to pester her over pixels if she chose to leave and move on with her life.

Ktns

Lunatic

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 pm
If this is been asked so many times, I think it needs to go into the FAQ. ; 3;
A lot things need to be put there because of common repeats.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 pm
Yes only I have the permission. I've paid for all the lines myself and had to give Leelakin profits for like 2 years. It's probably come to 1k that I've paid her for the soquili. Everyone who is owed pets can check out my to do list to see where I am in my workload. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17820811&page=9  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm
Roman Foi
If this is been asked so many times, I think it needs to go into the FAQ. ; 3;
A lot things need to be put there because of common repeats.

Yes it was in the original rules I made. I don't know if its gone now that we have a new shop layout.  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games