Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Dungeon
Slytherin Corridor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

oyehh

mc2

User Image

You can't make me settle down
                                                          I'd rather kick and jump and bite and scratch
                                                          And scream until I'm blue
                                                          I may as well be hyper as long as I'm still around
                                                          'Cause I'll have lots of time to be laid back
                                                          When I'm six feet underground

Cian lead them down a seemingly dead-end hall. Cian stopped at a spot on the wall that seemed no different than any other place on the wall. “Alright we're here!” He said slightly relishing the confused looks. “you may not see it but once you say the password Natus Magnus….” as he said the password the wall revealed the opening to the common room with Cian's reaction to it being near non-existent as he continued “...It will open for you. Now don't be giving the password out, it super secret Slytherin only knowledge.” He finished by putting a finger to his lips to indicate it was top secret “Now let's see your new home.” He said before going in and indicating for the first years to follow.

And I'm in no hurry to be casual
                                                                            In fact, I think, I'll wait
                                                                            Until I'm pushing up the daisies
                                                                            Like wow, man, can you relate?
                                                                            I'll be mellow when I'm dead

(Exit to Slytherin Common Room)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Trickblues

shinesnowillusion

kiska166

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK!

Diamond Wales

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny led them down a seemingly empty hall and stopped at the proper place that had the familiar notch in the wall and turned to address the small parade. "Now it doesn't look like much now but this is the entrance to out common room and dorms. Now all you need to get in is the password which changes periodically but is always accessible in the common room or by a fellow slytherin. Currently the password is Natus magnus" Vinny said. Upon him saying the password the wall opened up to reveal the entrance that had long since been shorter than him. "Let go see you home away from home" He said with a smile before leading them into the common room ducking his way through the door.

(Exit to Slytherin Common Room)
                                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fifth year || Slytherin prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

"And finally, this is the entrance to our common room. Simply speak the password to the wall, and the way shall open." At a quieter volume, August muttered the password. As the wall opened up, he stepped back, ushering the first years into the common room.

setting En route to the Slytherin dorms, Evening after the Sorting Feast 2047 || with Slytherin Students
wearing uniform, immaculately pressed with a shiny new prefect pin || status Responsibility and Duty and Expectation

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree (yr 4)

"The Hanging Tree" by James Newton Howard, cover by Peter Hollens

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 pm
User Image User Image
Shawna Brynn Llywarch
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Slytherin Fifth Year Prefect Quidditch Captain
Halfblood Future Business Owner Seeker

Location : Dungeon Staircase → Slytherin Corridor

“And this corridor here leads to our common room.” Shawna declared as they approached the particular spot in the wall. Turning to look over the new younglings, the fifth year smiled. “This is the exact spot that opens the way to our common room. All you need is our password.” She assured them. “Now be warned you forget the password and you won’t be allowed entry so make sure you memorize it.” There had been a few Slytherins that had forgotten the password and been left in the cold damp hallway of the dungeon. Not somewhere you wanted to be. “The password is Natus magnus.” Glancing at the wall as it opened to reveal the entry into their common room, Shawna lead the way into the room. Secretly she was grateful to have made it without any problems.

[[ Exit to Slytherin Common Room ]]

Company : Slytherins First Years

OOC : - - -

Diamond Wales
                                                  Yukina101
                                                  Kungfudemoness
                                                  kiska166

Ambition, eh? Simple enough
                                                  I see you're not the sort to let anything get in your way
                                                  You'll be right at home in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:09 pm
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Wyn had no idea where she was. She'd come to the dungeons on purpose, knowing they were dark and dreary and who in their right mind would come down here anyway? Aimlessly, she wandered until she found a spot she was sure no one would find her, and slumped down to the floor against a wall. Her eyes flickered to the right and to the left, double-checking for privacy, before she removed a match from the pocket in the lining of her robes. She set the thing on the floor, and pointed her maple wand in its direction. Come on, you piece of rubbish. I know we can do this. She took a deep breath, cleared her throat, and was careful to clearly pronounce the word "Acusignis."

Nothing happened.

You bloody fool, she fumed. How could you work so well for me in Ollivander's and then just...

It had been a rough year so far. While she'd done very well in her non-wand classes like astronomy and potions, her wand had refused to do almost anything since its display at Diagon Alley. It really irked Wyn that the piece of spiteful wood kept getting in the way of her success. Somewhere deep down, she knew that it couldn't be its fault. How sentient were wands anyway? No, this was her fault somehow, though she didn't want to admit it. She sighed in frustration.

"Acusignis!"

Still nothing.

Alright, you no-good woodchuck snack, you don't want to do that. What about something else? She straightened her spine, tried to relax her wrist, and lifted the wand. She'd done the swish-and-flick motion so many times she was sure she'd started to do it in her sleep.

"Wingardium leviosa."

The match did not budge.

"AAAAAAAAAUGH!" Wyn yelled loudly, and to anyone else's eyes it would have been hard to tell what she was yelling at. The match? The wand? The wall? She stood up and hurled the wand down the hallway, glad to be rid of it.

"Expelli-flippen-armus," she muttered before again slumping to the floor. Sobs began to erupt from the eleven-year-old. How would she ever be the great witch she wanted to be if she couldn't even turn a match into a needle? She buried her wet face in her palms and tried her best not to make too much noise. Even down here, someone might hear her if she wasn't careful.

OOC:
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

"I do believe you could excel anywhere, my dear
If you simply put your mind to it
Your trust is encouraging, and well-placed, I assure you
I think you'll do quite well in Hufflepuff!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dungeon Corridor
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Wyn
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Struggle and Stress
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She seems upset

Daphne was bored. She wanted to be in her room finishing up a stupid star chart thing for Astronomy, but no. The dang quadruplets dared to lock her out of her own bedroom for their stupid weekly drama-fest. It was hard pressed for her to hate people, but if it were anyone... those mean kids would probably be the closest to it. Getting up from her spot in the common room, Daph decided to do some wandering. She really missed home, but there weren't even phones she could use to reach her parents. She had to rely on a bird to transport mail.... though admittedly they were pretty good at it.

Once out in the corridor, the blonde heard a voice that sounded increasingly frustrated. Suddenly, a loud, angry yell sounded out. Oh dear. There was probably excitement off that way! Daph hurried over, spotting one of the other girls in her grade. "Hey... you okay? It's okay if the magic is tricky. I know I'm struggling real bad in a few classes. If you want, we can practice together?" She sat in the floor beside the other girl, the cold stone sending a chill through her exposed legs. Winter was not a great time for fluffy skirts... unless they were long ones. Stupid Wellbeloves. Oh well. They weren't the problem right now anyway. Looking back at the other girl, Daphne offered a small smile, a gesture of friendship. "My name's Daphne. I'm in your grade... or I guess they're called years here. I'm still figuring all this magic stuff out."

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:56 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

The sound of a door opening and closing startled Wyn. Suddenly, Daphne Greensborough appeared in the corridor. Wyn remembered her from all the introductions their professors made them do. Wyn hurried to wipe her face with the baggy sleeve of her black-and-yellow robe. It was no good, though. Her eyes were red and puffy and she wished she had a tissue to blow her nose. Daphne asked if she was okay, and if she wanted to practice.

"Wh-- where did you come from?" Wyn squinted at the direction from which Daphne had appeared, but it was a bit too dark to see much. She wondered then whether the Slytherin dorms were down here. Of course they'd put them in the dark part of the dungeons, she thought before catching herself. Wyn did not much like prejudice, and she honestly felt that if she wasn't in Hufflepuff she might even be a Slytherin. They weren't bad by nature, and Daphne seemed nice enough. "I- I don't know." she gestured at her wand, lying ten meters or so down the hallway. "My wand- I know it's mine because it was so beautiful at Ollivander's; there were stars and constellations and things. But I haven't been able to get it to do a single spell since we got to this castle, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong." She looked up at Daphne, who introduced herself formally. Wyn tried her best to return the smile.

"Wyn," she managed, indicating her own name. "I guess none of us really know what we're doing yet. Still, it's frustrating when I see all our classmates getting the spells right in the end and I'm still staring at a match and not a needle." She processed for a few seconds, and then practically slapped her forehead. "Oh, you meant- are you muggleborn?" Wyn felt her cheeks flush. "My mum was a muggle... or is one..."

Tears pooled in her eyes again, and she blinked hard. Now you've done it, talk to a stranger for five seconds and you open two dozen cans of worms while simultaneously sticking your foot in your mouth. Suddenly, she burst into laughter.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know why I said that. It's- nice to meet you outside class, Daphne. I promise I'm not unhinged, just on edge." Wyn did her best to stifle the rest of her giggles.

OOC:
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Wyn

Daphne looked a bit startled when the other girl questioned where she had come from. The blonde turned back to look at the common room entrance, which to the untrained eye just looked like... wall. "Oh, um. I don't know if I'm supposed to say, but there's the Slytherin common room door right over there." She shrugged, thinking she hadn't really betrayed the common room since she didn't share the password.

After asking the issue, Wyn explained her problem. Apparently her wand just... didn't want to work. That did sound like a problem indeed. "Well.. I don't know a whole bunch about wands. But! I may have an idea for you? I heard some older kids talking about a wandlore class. Maybe we could talk to one of the kids in the class, or heck, maybe the professor themselves! Surely they'd know best, right?" The only issue is she didn't actually know anyone in the class... or the professor... but surely someone would know!

When Daph mentioned her issues about not knowing much about magic, Wyn agreed, which was great. Until she asked if she was muggleborn. Daphne nodded the affirmative, and Wyn said her mum was muggle. Cool! That meant she was like... half-muggleborn! It was then that the brunette burst into a fit of laughter, which startled the blonde. Daphne chuckled nervously, then stopped when the other girl apologized. "Awh, don't worry. The best people sometimes get a little unhinged. If you ever need someone to have random laughs with, I know lots of cheesy jokes!"

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

Daphne confirmed Wyn's suspicions about the Slytherin common room. At first, Wyn thought "Well of course I picked the one spot in the dungeons that's right next to a blooming dorm," but she reconsidered when the thought crossed her mind that this might've been a blessing in disguise. Either way, knowing that their common room was down here made Wyn giggle a bit more. "They put your common room down here?! Why, that seems a little distorted. Don't you get scared coming down here at night?"

At the mention of wandlore, Wyn perked up a bit. She wasn't sure that her wand was the problem, but the professor might know something even if it had to do with Wyn herself. Maybe wands liked to be treated a certain way, or maybe the professor could tell her if she needed to work on confidence or something. "That's... actually brilliant! I hadn't even thought to speak to a professor about any of this." She felt a little thick. Of course you were supposed to talk to the adults when you needed help! "Do you have any idea where their office might be? This castle is so huge, I wish they had a directory or a map."

Daphne seemed a little nervous after her outburst. Wyn figured this really wasn't the best first impression, so it was lucky that Daphne didn't seem judgmental. Even in spite of her warm-hearted reassurance, Wyn hoped she could make up for her apparent instability. A little awkwardly, she rose and walked over to retrieve her wand before returning to where Daphne sat. She offered her hand to help her stand up too. "Oh yeah? Tell me one," she raised an eyebrow and braced herself for the worst. She wondered if Daphne's jokes could rival her father's.

OOC:
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Wyn

Daphne nodded when Wyn asked about the common room being in the dungeons. "They sure did! It's a little creepy, not to mention always kinda cold, but we're under the lake, so we have a huge glass side and we can see all the fish, and sometimes even merpeople. They're not like I imagined them though. Honestly it's a letdown." She sighed softly at that, still reeling from the first time she'd spotted one and one of the dumb quadruplets had teased her about it. She couldn't even tell which one since they were mostly just clones of one another. Except the one not in her house, but she assumed he was just as rotten as the girls.

When she mentioned speaking to the Wandlore students or professor, Wyn seemed to light up. She accepted the answer and asked about directions. "Sorry, Charlie. I wouldn't have even known it was a class 'less some older kids were talking about it. Maybe we can ask around? Or ask our head of house... Mister Professor Hill! He would probably know right where to go!" She nodded, smiling brightly at her own plan. Most people even said they didn't like the Herbology professor, but she found him quite knowledgeable. Plus he seemed pretty nice most of the time.

After their awkward laughing fit, Daphne mentioned silly jokes. She hadn't expected Wyn to react to that part, though. Now she wanted to hear one? Okay. Easy peasy. She knew so many! "Alright then. How do you fix a broken pizza?"

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf