Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How to deal with coming out by force

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pretty-little-lair-1

3,000 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:49 pm
I was pushed out of the closet ( everyone found out my secret). I wasn't ready and worst of all it was my best friend. He thought it was time for me to come out when i myself was unprepared for the change. Thankfully for me my friends didn't care and to this day i am still friends with them. Over time i have meet people who do not like wat i do but love my personality. But some disappear forever. How do i deal with that if i can deal with it at all. I am starting to question who i am and what i do?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 am
Are you feeling a social pressure to conform to what they expect of you?
Don't ever lose yourself to what another individual may want of you. You are you and that's the greatest gift you could have for yourself, because quite literally, there really IS no one out there exactly like you.

Embrace yourself for who you are and realize that these individuals are just building you into a stronger person. If they can't fully accept you for who you are, why should you accept them? Don't worry about those who waste their petty little time judging others; it just goes to show how insecure they are. Those who do not know, begin to assume. They allow ignorance to be their knowledge. Don't fall into that unless you know it will benefit you.

Just acquaint yourself with things that make you happy. Do you like to sing? Do that. Do you like to read? Do that. (Obviously I'm just giving you examples lol). Nurture your spirit with positivity so you could be able to consciously think rationally without allowing negative emotions to overpower you. Breathe in the love, exhale the hate.

In life you're going to meet people of all sorts and kinds; embrace them all for every individual has a story that you will learn from be it for a minute or a lifetime.

In the end it's as simple as this: don't let it phase you, let it raise you.  

eat more happy

Friendly Elocutionist

8,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

WTFxAxNINJAxPENGUIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:01 am
I agree with the previous post. Don't conform to what people think you should be. It is impossible to fulfill any sort of happiness. Just be yourself and if someone objects, ignore them.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:35 am
User Image

Well, judging on the previous posts, I can assume you've got an idea of what you should do about other people's opinions. Obviously, new people you meet shouldn't matter to you as much because, well, they don't know you. They're in no place and have no right to judge you anyway.

As for people who "disappear forever" on you, you'll have to reevaluate your relationship with them. How close were you guys? Is it really that important to get upset over the fact that they didn't accept you? If they are the kind of people who won't accept you for who you are, then what does that say about them? Would you want to spend your time getting upset over this kind of people?

If you were close with them and share important memories with each other, then I think it's entirely possible to make them understand your situation. After all, they were your friends; they know you. They know you sum up to more than just a person defined by your sexuality. You can talk to them and open up to them and share with them your story. That is the only way you can get them to try to understand you.

But if they are totally homophobic/lgbt-phobic people, then would you want to spend more time dwelling on them? Farewells are inevitable in life and sometimes you have to say goodbye even to the people who knew you and loved you and vice versa. It sucks and it never quite heals completely but in time it'll get better. It also helps to find others who have the same problem, talk with them, share, and build new friendships. New friendships can sometimes be the best way to heal.

User Image

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 am
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:28 am
Be yourself and don't change who you are. heart

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash