Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystery Guild of Randomness

Back to Guilds

Life is Random, so are we! 

Tags: Random, Occasional Contests, Games, Role-playing, Questions 

Reply ❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.
Mortal Kombat: Awakening (Open and Accepting!!!!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 am
User Image
Story Line

After the events of Mortal Kombat: Armegedon, the warrior known as Taven had succeded in fufilling the wish of his parents. He defeated Blaze and the armor he wore activated. On top the temple a bright consuming light came from both Blaze and Taven, enveloping the temple and all who faught on it. The result was something the neither Elder Gods or Taven's parents predicted. The fighters weren't stripped of their powers nor were they killed. They were placed under a state of unconciousness, frozen in time within the compund of the temple.

Centuries went on and the realms became balanced. A time of peace bloomed and all that was known of Mortal Kombat was told in legends. Until one fateful day, a dark cloud like no other shrouded the skys of Earthrealm. Taven emerged from the comfounds of the temple. His appearance forever changed. Within him was the abilities of all who were enshrined within the temple. Gone mad with power, he began to appose the Elder Gods, and attack Earthrealm. Finding no worthy opponent he, used his godly powers to awaken those he knew to be powerful and worthy leaders. Of the six great factions of Earthrealm, he brought their legendary kombatants from their hybernation.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao: Shoulin: White Lotus
Scorpion: Shira Ryu
Subzero, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor and Frost: Lin Kuei
Sonya Jax: Outer World Investigation Agency
Kabal and Kano: Black Dragon Brotherhood
Mavado: Red Dragon Brotherhood

Telling each of the faction to either work together or alone it did not matter for whom ever brought a worthy opponent that could defeat him, would be given Earthrealm. Protect it or Rule it. It mattered not to Taven, all that matter to him was that he recieved a challenge. At first the protecter of light tried to face him but he warned them that if they could not defeat him prior to Godly hood then what made them believe they could face him now. Hearing this those of darkness retreated to their respective bases, and plotted while the those of light searched for proud warriors.

What side would you take. It matters not, all Roads lead to Taven
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 am
Rules

I have the right to change, add, and delete rules as I see fit. Read them all Failure to read them or check for updates is your own. Results of Failures will Result in punishment.
0. Follow Gaia TOS
1. No Cannon Characters
2. All cannon characters listed are NPC
3. You are able to switch factions once
4. Alliances are allowed but must be approved by me or any Mod
5. No God modding
6. No auto-playing (hit, dodge, defend)
7. No all knowing
8. No autofatalites (you must beat your opponent into submission)
9. Once killed your character may be revived but that is up to me
10. No controlling Characters
11. No all knowing characters
12. No text talk
13. This rp is semi-lit, which means 7 sentences paragraphs at leat
14. There is a limit to factions at the start once filled room may be added later
15. Disobeying rules will lead to warning, 3 warning equals character automaticly getting killed, and you starting from scratch
16. All characters start off as trainees and must be leveled up
17. Follow Character Skeleton when making an rpc
18. Send all Applications to me
19.No posting till Acceptance
20.More may be added  

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:49 am
Character Skeleton

[align=center][b][u]THE CHARACTER[/u][/b]

(picture here)

[size=10][b](Character name here)[/b][/size][/align]

[align=center][u][b]~~~~~~~~~The Profile~~~~~~~~~[/b][/u][/align]

[size=9][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] (the name your mentor gave you or self acclaimed)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Birthdate:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] (Place Rank here)
[b]AC Points:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b] (Fighting style i.e Muay Thai, Judo, Nijutsu, Hapkido)
[b]Weapon Type:[/b] (Weapon and style used for it)
[b]Element:[/b] (Your characters special element that is present in their attacks or techniques. Ex. Water, Fire, Wind, Earth ect. Only one is available)
[b]Technique:[/b] (Your specials in the fight)
[b]Race:[/b] [/size]

[align=center][u][b]~~~~~~~~~Personality~~~~~~~~~[/b][/u][/align]

[size=9][b]Quick List:[/b] (list at least six traits)[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

---------------

(detailed personality goes here; at least two paragraphs)

---------------

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] (list at least three)[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[b]Strengths:[/b] (list no more than six)[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

---------------

[b]Secrets:[/b] (optional) [list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[b]Fears:[/b] (list at least three)[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

---------------

[b]Motto: [/b]

[b]Special Possessions:[/b] (Optional)[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[/size]

[align=center][u][b]~~~~~~~~~Looks~~~~~~~~~[/b][/u][/align]

[size=9][b]BUILD[/b]
(include height and weight, body type, physical condition, etc.)

[b]HAIR[/b]
(include length, color, texture, care, etc.)

[b]FACE[/b]
(include info on each feature: placement of eyes, nose, ears, cheeks, jaw, lips and mouth, forehead, etc.)

[b]SKIN[/b]
(include tone, major scars, race markings, etc.)

[b]EYES[/b]
(include color, size, shape, expression, eyelashes, and eyebrows)

[b]CLOTHES[/b]
(what kind of clothes do they like for different occasions? Modern-jeans and t-shirt-, formal-dress or suit-, or traditional-view race for more info-) [/size]

[size=9][align=center][u][b]~~~~~~~~~Autobiography~~~~~~~~~[/b][/u][/align]

[align=center][b][u]PAST[/u][/b][/align]

(at least a paragraph for each section up until character’s age.)

[b]PROLOGUE[/b]
(before Taven arrived and they enlisted into a faction, how did they come across faction leader(s).)

---------------

[size=9][b]PRESENT[/b]

[b]Current Residence:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] (role in the faction i.e warrior, assassin, general, recruit [all start off as recruit unless I say other wise]
[/size]
---------------

[size=9][align=center][u][b]~~~~~~~~~Stats~~~~~~~~~[/b][/u][/align]
{Add a diamond for each stat. Remember, [25] points to start with, [1-5] rank.}

[b][u][i]Stats[/i][/u][/b]
[u][i]Strength:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Technique:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Defense:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Energy:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Agility:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Stamina:[/i][/u] ♦
[u][i]Weapon Stamina:[/i][/u] ♦

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:37 pm
Stats

We have a stat system. Stats are important but just because you have high stats doesn't mean your the s**t. Don't forget this is an rp. So your rping skills durring a fight or battle is necessary so don't go all bitching saying. "How'd I loose my stats are way higher." Okay.

Strength - Determins how hard you hit, and how much weight you can lift, or move around. Think like if you and another guy got in a struggle. He tries to push you back but you have more strength then he does. You over power him. Depending on how much, decides how easy it is. Also each diamond represents 5% of damage.

Techniqe: You moves list. Unlike Mortal Kombat games, this is a little bit more taxing. You have stamina, using techniqes alot drains your stamina. So having a high technique slot can mean alot if you like to shoot fireballs all day. Each technique has cost, I will post how much its cost by what it does to your or opponent. Each diamon equals -2 to your cost.

Energy: Your power fuel. Your energy fuels your techniqes. Constant use of your techniques drains your energy. So no mulitfire balls, or you gonna fill it later. Each diamon equals 20% energy.

Defense: Blocking. Yes we know this was fundemental in mortal kombat but remember, even you block your health decrease by 10% of the attack. Well in this defense takes away 10% for ever diamond. So forever hit you block subtract the amount of diamonds from your opponents strenght stat. Too much blocking can cause your strength to go down by 2% as well due to the fact your arms take damage. Moderator of the fight will keep note of this.

Agility: Mr. Can't Touch This. Agility goes for how fast you swing to how quick you move period. Dodging attacks or running. It don't matter if this is high you can dodge more hits. To prevent use from this, dodging takes 5% of stamina away. So becare full for each post you say you dodged in. If you speed surpases your opponents then you can dodge his hits.

Stamina: This acts as your health. Simply puts each diamon represents 25% stamina. So for equals max health. Since the cap on stats is 25 total diamonds this won't be over used.

Weapon Stamina: Yes your weapons are not indestructable. Blocking with your weapons to much against a power house can cause them to break and you become stun for a post. You cannot be a victem from a fatality because of this unless your stamina has reached a 10% area.  

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:52 pm
Battle System

Yes we have one since this rp is based off a fighting game. Its actually quite simple their is a one round fight, ofcoarse this is for the actuall tournyment not petty squables or bouts, that has no time limit and is considered death match. Draws are if both kombatants pass out. It will be viewed by a moderater (role playing as an npc or Taven). Fatalities will be done when the Moderater says "FINISH HIM/HER". If your character is killed he/she may not come back as a specter, oni, hellspawn, or zombie, or phantom.

For outside bouts well those are death matches if you choose them to be, some one knocks your health down a pm must be sent to me whether or not you both decided to have it as a death match. Fatalities are the only way to end a characters life. If your character is killed he/she may not come back as a specter, oni, hellspawn, or zombie, or phantom but that is only after I accept them. They are now new characters.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm
Accepted Characters

Characters that meet my approval are placed here.  

Xaumeric

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games