Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
In the spirit of ‘not lurking’....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 pm
... I thought I’d show you guys what I’ve been up to lately. And by that, I mean link you all to a photo of the books I have to read for one of my subjects, as well as the DVDs we’re watching.

Oh yeah, Gothic Lit* is like, the best class ever (not pictured – Buffy). My tutor is awesome and dresses up in character most weeks (like, yesterday, he was a vampire, complete with those snap on fangs and a shiny, silver, frilly shirt) It is challenging, I’ve almost finished my first essay (well, actually, I’m 500 words over finishing, so I’m more at the editing and tidying up stage) and while I’m not too happy with it (probably due to having to speed read the remainder of Northanger Abbey, which, while it isn't a long work, stopping to write notes on pages for an essay due on Monday (its Friday here) is proving time consuming).

I know I shouldn’t have left it so long, but I’ve been so busy during the days with uni and work (I know work at my local youth services, where I used to be a volunteer in the event (mainly music) organising program they have, as a Support Worker (so like, a mentor) as a payed employee as well as at the pizza shop, which takes up most of my nights.

Also, in some more important (sort of) news, my brother went missing earlier this week. He turned up a few days later, but because of the kind of person he is (I won’t go into that now) there was a chance that he had been beaten up and left somewhere to rot in a ditch... I don’t know if I told you guys or if you remember, but he was held at knife point last year - very deliberately, not just being mugged on the street kind of stuff...so yeah... It turns out that he decided to lie to everyone (including friends) and piss off to suburbs three hours away to go to a party and hangout with some scene chick he met on facebook and in the city (it wouldn’t be so bad if he was a bit older, but he’s only just turned 16, and boys with be boys is not an excuse that flies with me, because if he was just ‘being a boy’, he would have told at least one of his friends, who were all genuinely as concerned as we were and looking for him everywhere, that he was getting laid – which is another thing that creeps me out all together). It wouldn’t be such a big deal if he and I didn’t have this deal: if he’s sneaking out, he tells me where he’s going and I don’t tell anyone until something goes wrong (like the house being on fire and us not being able to find him or something of that nature). He didn’t tell me and we didn’t see him for two days.

He was on the missing persons’ register and all that jazz. Lesson learnt, however, is if you want information, the ex-girlfriend always knows what’s going on. Seriously, that kid is awesome and deserves better than my brother, or at least the person he has been as of late.

Anyway, that’s a sort of run down on my past few weeks.

I’m also applying for a volunteer internship (I won’t be getting paid, but the company itself is almost all volunteer run, only 3 of their staff are paid) and submitting reviews (on bands and gigs and stuff) as well as interviews for my uni newspaper and for the same organisation I am applying for the internship at.

Hi.

Whatcha all been up to?

* allow me to clarify, the subject is actually called Gothic Literature and its Children, so we're looking at modern (and popularised) takes on the Gothic as well, hence why Twilight is there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:07 am
Sounds like you've got to do a lot of work, but wow, that's an awesome effort from your lecturer xd

Oh man, your Brother sounds responsible neutral
Glad he is okay. Wonder if he realises what he put his friends and family through.  

scrub
Crew

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:24 am
I feel you on the douche boy thing...
I not long found out that a friend of mine that committed suicide just after christmas faked his own death and is very much alive (and hes 22 ffs)

ANYWAY i have been up to work and derby and more work and more derby and derby brats and... yeah xD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 am
If that was one of my brothers, I would have strangled him.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

diffun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:50 pm
oh yeah, he's well aware of what he's done, it is more a question of if he cares or not... the answer being not.

i keep meaning to and watch my friend's derby team... thing... but i never find out about it until the night it is on and by then i can't get work off.

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games